FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to tell a girl you like her?

picsite
I want to tell this girl I've gotten pretty close to in the last month or so that I really like her. But how do I break it to her, do I just say I like you or something?
LukeakaDanish
Suggestion nr 1: over a drink! Very Happy - it will feel more natural and your words will come more easily to you ... (thats what i find anyway ;D)

Suggestion nr. 2: Improvise - nothing sounds worse than a "pre-rehursed" speech, and if you really like her you probably have loads of good stuff to say to her anyway Very Happy

Sugestion nr 3: - if you feel really nervous about the whole thing try asking her out to do something which you might do together as friends - that way you wont get "rejected" but she will probably know that you like her (girls are actually VERY clever Very Happy)

Best of luck!

Sincerely

Luke
Devang
how about her approach towards you? do you know if shez not attached with someone else?

just give her a treat, a coffee and propose her, and find a nice time for this. know that her mood is cool before you take her out or meet her.

good time, good mood and propose her
Leetch
If you were younger. you can get away with sh!t like that on all I-M's
Just say: You're soo hot and i love you soo soo much.

Its funny because it all seems normal to them.
LukeakaDanish
Leetch wrote:

Asking someone out on AIM or MSN or in a TXTmessage, or in an email or over the phone is a bad idea in my oppinion.

The main reason is that there is nothing more IMPERSONAL than electric comunication - and surely you want her to feel that you are the right PERSON for her.

Also i never even respond to this kinda thing when im not infront of the person who's asking me - how do i know if its her and if she isnt drunk? Confused
Leetch
rofl. if you read what i said

If you were younger

i know, i'd never do that if i was over, it would be childish
pexivee
Saying what you feel is natural, if you are communicating with the object of your admiration on other levels, too. Do you spend time together? Do you have a common hobby or an activity, where you meet regularly? Do you find yourselves in each others company and you both enjoy it? If not, it is unlikely, that you will ultimately hit it off...

I think, that when two people are meant to be together, their "chemistry" or compatibility will draw them to each other. Nothing needs to be explained! Under no circumstances pretend to be anything more or less what you are. This is coming from the horses mouth!
Panthrowzay
be natural, and sensitive. its not a guy thing, Fix it be done. Its mopre like art, work at it. Breaking up and getting together.
Qube
Well, most girls can usually tell there's some kinda attraction if you 2 have grown close recently.
If you find you're too scared, then Luke's suggestion of a drink is a good idea.
If not, then I guess you just need to play by ear on the right moment and such.
Common sense really, like say she had a bad day, then no, not the time.

If you 2 are really really close, like you talk everyday for hours on end, then I'd say you got a pretty good shot already.
Gotta be friends before you can take that next step.
Be attentive man, a girl's intentions are usually pretty clear if you know what to look for.
nhuabo
picsite wrote:
I want to tell this girl I've gotten pretty close to in the last month or so that I really like her. But how do I break it to her, do I just say I like you or something?

It is hard to say if you are a shy boy.
But I strongly suggest you to say it out as soon as possible!
If you are shy ,with time going ,you will find that it's becoming harder and harder to say it out.
And at last you lost all of you courage.
Or at last you don't tell her ,you will regret for all your life.
spaz-o
Don't straight out tell her. But make it clear that you have intentions possibly past friends. Girls love it when they find a guy they can just hang out with, so possibly telling her bluntly "I like you" can wreck this, and that'd suck.

Try words like admire, and not as direct as you. Compliment her, and for the love of all things good and pure, don't only talk about one subject because you've previously had a good conversation about it. Mention the good time, by all means, but don't only talk about that.

Get to know her, and be romantic. If you do nothing else, do that.
darvit
A guy wrote me a really long letter with lots of intros and diversions at the beginning, until the second page came and he just wrote in capital letters, "I HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON YOU".

Honestly, I freaked out. It was scary, because the whole letter sounded so childish, and I felt sorry for him because it just ruined it. We weren't close friends and I actually feel annoyed at his idiotic attention-getting antics [he would act boisterous and childish and silly when I am around].

So I suggest, don't do the "letter" thing. Not so sudden. I would suggest that you take things gradually and form a real friendship and a strong strong bond. Feelings would just start growing from there. You will know. Blurting things out unexpectedly could lead to trauma. ...I am not exaggerating.
hyhy
picsite wrote:

Don't know how close are you and what are your realtions. I assume that you meet with her. You just should tell her straight.

But if you want to impress her, before telling, invite her to a romantic dinner with candles and food made by urself (well just tell her u made it if you dont have skills). That works.
Jaiye
picsite wrote:

just get in close, whisper a joke in her ear, and while you're really close and she's kinda giggling, gently lift her chin with your hand and kiss her. bam, it's done.
rightclickscott
Try what I did. Plan out a long speech about how much you love her and tell it to her in a soft voice, sounding as though you aren't that confident. Then, as you keep going, start sounding more confident, and keep talking to her as though there was some really cheesy song that drives women crazy in the background (the one that was in mine was Calamine-Trampoline).
LukeakaDanish
Jaiye wrote:
picsite wrote:

just get in close, whisper a joke in her ear, and while you're really close and she's kinda giggling, gently lift her chin with your hand and kiss her. bam, it's done.

I feel there is a potential for a black eye in that tactic Very Happy
rocksta
well im in the same place the is this girl ive like for over a year now and i dont no how 2 tell her because i know she dosnt like me so i dont think i will ever bother any way
girls are just hard work any way if ur not there for then they just cry so just dont say anything so much easyer
rasinman2000
What are you afraid of, she is just as curious as you and for some reason we as men are not afraid to ask our boss for a raise or ask our friends to loan us something but when it comes to the oppisite sex we are a panzy. You only get out of life what you put into it, so if you realy do like her like you say then look her in the eyes and gently hold her face and tell her how you feel and dont be surprised if she feels the same and askes what took you so long
Jaiye
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Jaiye wrote:
picsite wrote:

I feel there is a potential for a black eye in that tactic Very Happy

at least you'll get a straight answer either way.
cybernie
Telling what you feel to someone sometimes is not that easy... especially when it has kind of relation to "feeling of affection" or something that would lead to a deeper, closer relationship. Sometimes we just notice we are getting tongue-tied, unable to speak.

I guess the best way to tell someone what we feel is to do it slowly - the way she wouldn't get shocked or surprised of anything you will say. Tell it when she's not in a bad mood. Maybe you should start it in way she would think you're just kidding, then try to let her know you're serious.

Actually, everyone has his own way of letting someone know what he feels. Do it your way in manner that you think would have a better result.

Goodluck!
Jaiye
you could also always just whip it out, and then judge by her reaction how much she likes you.

or that could be a bad idea.... it's just what I would do at this particular moment.
altikris
if you think that by telling this girl that you like her, she wont take it the wrong way or she wont get freaked out, then go for it. just mention it. be honest. honesty goes a long way. some people could get freaked out if you like them and they dont want you to. Make sure before spilling the beans.
mercurial
HAHAHHA..juz try to randomly bring it up over msn or aol or text messages or smth that sort n dun sound as though its the GREATEST SECRET or GREATEST SPEECH that u spent few decades to mouth out those words..juz like let it come normal..den maybe feel abit guilty for saying it out or smth..at least it eases the atmosphere.

den try to like DIVERT from the issue..so as to give the impression that you're not OBSESSED over her and like planned far n long to break this news
Garg
Personally, i would go walking with her in a nice place and have a normal discussion with her for about 15 min to half an hour. Once there's a blank in the discussion, just say :

" You do realise that I like you, don't you ?"

Doesn't seem improvised, will catch her off guard and you're certain that you're not beating around the bush ! Plus, you suppose that's she's already felt the "chemistry"...

My 2 cents...
Tac-Tics
You should never NEED to tell anyone you like them. Show it in your actions. Invite her to do things with you and only you. If you're lucky, she will reciperocate, and you will know the answer without having asked it explicitly. If she comes up with excuses not to hang out with you alone, that's the polite to say they're not interested.

If you tell someone you like them, unless you're already at that point, you'll probably get a blank face with no reply. It's not fun.
caesar2164
One hing I've heard is good is (tho i've never used it because I cant dance for beans) is to get her to dance with you on a slow dance...BAM!

I've heard this works...and it can be an invitation as a friend and then before you know it she should be plastered all over you... Laughing

as I've never used this I'll end this with a disclaimer...I am in no way responsible for bad consequences...if they're good then ALL the credit is mne but other wise it's YOUR fault... =P
Josso
I'd do it (as people have previously said) naturally (not pre-rehersed). A relaxed enviroment is good, out of public eyes maybe will make you feel more relaxed about the whole thing. A few peices of advise: don't put it off! your massively regret it later if she finds someone else or similar, also IM services, text messages and other communication devices are not advised (face-to-face is better always).

Anyway hope that makes sense. Even when I'm not tired my grammar isn't the best.
Tac-Tics
Josso wrote:
also IM services, text messages and other communication devices are not advised (face-to-face is better always).

Right. Nothing is worse than being rejected by a girl over AIM.
Bisdak
If you can't say it write it. Just write her a note but don't leave, wait for the answer.
spaz-o
Garg wrote:
Personally, i would go walking with her in a nice place and have a normal discussion with her for about 15 min to half an hour. Once there's a blank in the discussion, just say :

" You do realise that I like you, don't you ?"

Doesn't seem improvised, will catch her off guard and you're certain that you're not beating around the bush ! Plus, you suppose that's she's already felt the "chemistry"...

My 2 cents...

I reckon that'd work, it'd work on me Razz But you'd have to make sure you're making her laugh and have a good time - don't spring it on her if you've been walking in an uncomfortable silence.

DON'T use sms or msn, a letter's okay if it's really well written - but it's always better if she hears it from you first and hears it in person.
CyanEyed
ur lucky to even get close to her. the girl i like is contantly surrounded by friends
Garg
spaz-o wrote:

I reckon that'd work, it'd work on me Razz But you'd have to make sure you're making her laugh and have a good time - don't spring it on her if you've been walking in an uncomfortable silence.

[/quote]

That is of course a requirement of my patented technique Wink

Anyway, I'm gonna sound a little weird, but I've been going out for 3 years with a girl I met completely plastered (so was she), and I've managed to lure her in by inviting her to thumb war !

My guess is there's no real technique, just don't waste your time talking about the love/I like you.... It makes things akward for no reason and it bumbs out any potentially good moment...
XLax
I'm just another one of those guyes that'll just tell the girl i like her out of nowhere after befriending her. I've done it twice out of three, and it worked the last. And so began a happy relationship that will last an eternity. I do it this way because I'm nearly completely open with my emotions, mind you.
XSTG
I wrote her a poem Razz t'was pretty stupid and she hated it... I was her friend and now she hates me lol.

I also wrote her 50 adjectives that were representing her!!
biffi
What worked for me was just being like I always am, natural. We went out for a drink and we were just talking. I had feelings for her, so I guided the conversation to the love-talk. Just gently bring it to her how you feel. Worked for me, but we broke up again. Now we are like soulmates, but without a relationship.
mavahntooth
it is really annoying but flowers and letters work for some girls. before that, try to be friends with her and know her more. if you can express your natural self with her, i mean if your comfortable with her (vise versa) then show her that you like her. remember that actions speak louder than words. good luck to you.
biffi
mavahntooth wrote:
...remember that actions speak louder than words. good luck to you.

I cannot agree here. Personally, I think people are more touched by some deep words than by a pretty gift. At least that's what I have experienced.
Linda_B
Quote:
(girls are actually VERY clever )

Yes, yes yes =)

Just be honest, that way a girl wont be scared to be honest back. If there are feelings she'll be happy and if not, she can still be honest saying it as it is instead of making excuses etc. Just be direct, don't drag it out so she would start suspecting something and giving her reason to get a little scared. Then it's alot harder to build a friendship afterwards again if there are no mutual feelings. If there are, well then you know and can get on with it =)
picsite
I actually decided not to tell her....the reason: a was waiting for a car ride outside of school and her and one of her friends stayed with me (after I jokingly asked them to), the other friend left and she stayed, but it was so quite. I tried to bring up different topics but they would just die out after like one reply from her. That got be thinking that if we can't even go on talking for like 10min what would I do if I was her boyfriend....and thus I didn't tell her and thats the end of it...
spaz-o
Awww, sorry to hear that.

But I hope it goes well next time.
andy26
.b
ayushhsr
hmm... Rolling Eyes ....u have a problem dude!!
well i reckon the solution to this problem would be to do an introspection and recollect all those gr888 times you had with her..think of the best ever time u had with her...then call her over for a cup of coffee/or any beverage..
now with u both seated across the table...give her a surprise gift hmmm....say a ring Laughing ....then u will find her face lit with joy...now is the chance to say the universal words "I LOVE YOU..!!"
supjapscrapper
Leetch wrote:

This guy is totally right, just say it while laughing, make it sound like a joke, that way you'll take distance from it, nottoo much risk, and she'll get it, girls are actually really clever at that stuff... she can't refuse it or say she's with someone oor something she's just gonna laugh, cos teh way you said it, was funny, and she will think that of she gives an answer, you could just say "hey ... cool I was just joking" ... you get it? Very Happy

uhm, just be natural and say it to her directly, look into her eyes and say it, while laughing, it's cool on an IM too, it's just the same
put a smiley afert that if you feel you need to.

but believe me girls understand that stuff, we guys, ... we're dumber Wink
supjapscrapper
picsite wrote:
I actually decided not to tell her....the reason: a was waiting for a car ride outside of school and her and one of her friends stayed with me (after I jokingly asked them to), the other friend left and she stayed, but it was so quite. I tried to bring up different topics but they would just die out after like one reply from her. That got be thinking that if we can't even go on talking for like 10min what would I do if I was her boyfriend....and thus I didn't tell her and thats the end of it...

maaaaaa, that's obvious because she's as stressed as you were... she was waiting for you to come to the point,
just ask her personal things like jokingly saying "so, you let your boy-friend go home without you just to saty with me?", and you'll both laugh like crazy, and believe me, she gets it you like her, see how she responds, if she keeps on joking with it, keep taking the level closer till you ask her very personal questions, then try to repeat that as much as you can, just spend time and be close, by the time you open your eyes she'll be all over you Very Happy
supjapscrapper
ayushhsr wrote:
hmm... Rolling Eyes ....u have a problem dude!!
well i reckon the solution to this problem would be to do an introspection and recollect all those gr888 times you had with her..think of the best ever time u had with her...then call her over for a cup of coffee/or any beverage..
now with u both seated across the table...give her a surprise gift hmmm....say a ring Laughing ....then u will find her face lit with joy...now is the chance to say the universal words "I LOVE YOU..!!"

noooooooooo no rings, no gifts, no flowers, just be laid-back, and lwhen there is silence look at her in the eyes, if she responds, the message has been transmitted .... just words, create feelings , if there is none, try ahgain later , you want her, get her! Very Happy
Jaime
Only improvises in front of her... tell her that you feel every time....
if response is "YES", felicity... else go and find another girl....
Jaiye
alright, seeing as how I've been a strong contributor to this threat so far, i might as well tell what I did in my most recent endeavour.

I just looked at her and said "you know what. I like you." then she just kinda smiled and we parted ways. I just put it out there, and let her do with it whatever she wanted. Sure I was a bit disappointed when nothing happened, but I was chill.

Then the next day I got a text message saying "Oh, i forgot to say I like you as well"
afgdomain
Well, being a girl myself, I don't know how guys do it, but I'd first make sure she doesn't have a boyfriend (if she does, it never hurt to wait). Then I'd make sure she notice something. Then, finally, grab an oppertunity and tell her! I'd first be friends with her, but then if you don't tell, you might just miss it.
ZeroGrav
Qube wrote:
Well, most girls can usually tell there's some kinda attraction if you 2 have grown close recently.
If you find you're too scared, then Luke's suggestion of a drink is a good idea.
If not, then I guess you just need to play by ear on the right moment and such.
Common sense really, like say she had a bad day, then no, not the time.

If you 2 are really really close, like you talk everyday for hours on end, then I'd say you got a pretty good shot already.
Gotta be friends before you can take that next step.
Be attentive man, a girl's intentions are usually pretty clear if you know what to look for.

I think a bad day is a great time if you play it right. I mean, if she has a fight with her mom or freind for instance, comfort her and make her feel better. This plan has a chance to backfire tho and get you even more stuck in the "freind zone"
ppalayo
We notice when somebody likes you. I mean, you have to know if he/she really wants to have a relationship with you. If so, you just have to say what you feel and what comes from your heart.
I think this is the best way to say "I like you" or better "I love you".
Very Happy
foodman
just be natural, and be honest, make her laugh a lil. if she likes you then you have nothing to worry about.
windrei
if i were you, i would just tell her directly. Because you can feel that whether she loves you too or not. If yes, whatever and whenever you tell her is always okay. If not, forget her....
Da Rossa
picsite wrote:

Sometimes it's not even good to SAY it. Be with her, and the time will demonstrate it to her. As soon as you realise the "message" has been delivered, then you could talk to her more openly. This may vary from girl to girl, some indeed like when you are honest and say, but many times this is a random shot. They may get surprised, even scared with this.
myspacerules
its all in your actions, not in your words bro
Da Rossa
myspacerules wrote:
its all in your actions, not in your words bro

few words, lot of knowledge.
discountcontacts
From experience- you don't! Nothing you say will change a girls mind. If she doesnt like u...well there goes ur dignity.... If she likes you... well you should have picked up on the signs by now dwirp! Stuff telling a girl u like her. My rule of thumb: Welcome anyone to prove me wrong-

G's Law:
"If any girl, of a fertile age, knows that you like her, before she likes or is attracted to you- then you have no chance". Such is the innate arrogance of young women- they know what they're worth.

Life's all economics. Dont be disillusioned. If its a sellers market. then pay the price.
freakinlame
Be a man, do the right thing. step up and tell her that you like her..besides, u haf nothing to lose..if she doesn't like you, the most u get is the fact that she doesn't like you. If she does like you, the least you'll get is the fact that she likes you. But if you keep it inside and she doesn't like you, you'll start imagining things..and fantasize as well..but if you don't tell her and she likes you too, then you'd better pray for guidance before another guy takes that step of courage..
Da Rossa
freakinlame wrote:
Be a man, do the right thing. step up and tell her that you like her..besides, u haf nothing to lose..if she doesn't like you, the most u get is the fact that she doesn't like you. If she does like you, the least you'll get is the fact that she likes you. But if you keep it inside and she doesn't like you, you'll start imagining things..and fantasize as well..but if you don't tell her and she likes you too, then you'd better pray for guidance before another guy takes that step of courage..

Unfortunately I have to disagree.
I used to use this strategy. Result: 100% of insuccess. You must demonstrate the things, and do not be "thirsty" to tell her how do you like/love her. First, stabilish the situation, then you say 'the thing'.
Pablo Diablo
"Suggestion nr 1: over a drink! Very Happy - it will feel more natural and your words will come more easily to you ... (thats what i find anyway ;D)

Suggestion nr. 2: Improvise - nothing sounds worse than a "pre-rehursed" speech, and if you really like her you probably have loads of good stuff to say to her anyway Very Happy

Sugestion nr 3: - if you feel really nervous about the whole thing try asking her out to do something which you might do together as friends - that way you wont get "rejected" but she will probably know that you like her (girls are actually VERY clever Very Happy) "

All three of those are good suggestions. But I strongly agree with #2, improvise it, if it seems liek you rehearsed it beforehand its going to eb awkward and she'll think you're too nervous. Of course theres always the chance that she'l find your awkwardness cute, but thats a LOOOOOOOONG shot..lol
discountcontacts
All you guys who have never had a girlfriend before, and sit in front of the comp 24/7. Plz dont give our confused friend misleading advice.
1. Don't abuse alcohol as a source of courage
2. What should this guy be nervous about? If he genuinely likes her then he obviously should already know her and comfortable with her. If he is simply some sleaze who lusts after her in his fantasy world. My friend you should go home big time.
3. Rehearse or not rehearse. Do you think this is show business??? Srsli Pablo Diablo you're a joke mate. You have no respect for women. N probabli won't get any in return.
redace
Just tell her from eyes to eyes. It's not a good idea to write her a letter or email. The best way is to tell her the truth you feel in your heart.
MixNMatch DJ
Just ask her out on a date. Don't worry about telling her that "you like her". I think she'll get the picture...
jcvincent
Try to show her how much you care for her. I believe that's the best way that you can make her feel what you feel for her. I believe that telling a girl that you like her is one of the hardest things that we encounter. Just do it for now. But I guess, you must tell her what you feell in the right time. Only you can decide when.

Pinoy Ako!
Kaneda
Indeed. In my view, it won't help telling a girl you love her, if she hasn't felt it. That said, actions are rarely - if ever - enough. To those who have a hard time saying those three words, it's not harder to show your affections through actions. So, words can speak louder than actions. And those (including myself) who aren't scared to death of saying them, still use them sparingly. Hence, the feeling I get when my girlfriend tells me she loves me - no action could replace those words, even if showing it is just as important.

So...
It's not "Show it, don't tell it"
It's not "Actions speak louder than words"
It's not "Just walk up to her and tell her, already"

It's "Show it, then tell it". That said, there's no reason to wait an eternity to make sure you "don't misinterpret her signals". If there's one thing a lot of guys tend to be clueless about, it's reading girls. Wink Tell it when you feel you've "earned" it.

Also, it shouldn't really be "three words". If you don't know this girl intimately (and you don't, if confessing your feelings doesn't come naturally), you don't love her. You're in love with her. So that's what you tell her. If a girl I'd known ("superficially") for a few months told me she loved me, I'd be very likely to question her maturity. Most girls I know would feel the same way if a guy said it.
bluefossil
Write her a note:
I like you. Do you like me? Circle Yes or No.

if that doesn't work, just tell her to: "MAKE ME DINNER!" "IRON MY CLOTHES!"
S3nd K3ys
Be her friend. Get close. Then start openly dating some other girl (make sure your friend knows). If your friend is sexually attracted to you at all, she'll tell YOU she likes you.

That's how I got married 12 years ago. Laughing
linexpert
I was going threw this a couple months ago. We got really close and I spent hours comming up with this "speech" for her. We went to an art museum, i know we're both geeks, where i was supposed to say this speech to her. I started but got really nervous so i forgot the speech that i knew a miniute before. I started just telling her how i felt and was glad when she saved me the trouble and just gave me a hug. Everything seemed to work out after that. In my opinion, just tell her how you feel about her. Let her know that she's special to you and trust me girls are smart they understand. Even if something may sound corny (such as talking about your feelings tword her to her) she'll understand what you mean. Very Happy
magneto_ms
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Be her friend. Get close. Then start openly dating some other girl (make sure your friend knows). If your friend is sexually attracted to you at all, she'll tell YOU she likes you.

That's how I got married 12 years ago. Laughing

Risky tactic i would say. It could send all the wrong signals. But it worked out for you didin't it..? Wink
BowDownToAna
talk to her a lot. girls are not stupid, even the dumb blondes can tell if you like them when you talk a lot.

make sure you smell nice around her. wear cologne, carry mints, and gum.
blah24
spaz-0 said

Don't straight out tell her. But make it clear that you have intentions possibly past friends. Girls love it when they find a guy they can just hang out with, so possibly telling her bluntly "I like you" can wreck this, and that'd suck.

i like this girl, and im going to try and ask her to go to a movies with me. i wont directly tell her cause i think she already knows.

lukeakeDanish said

try asking her out to do something which you might do together as friends - that way you wont get "rejected" but she will probably know that you like her (girls are actually VERY clever )
supjapscrapper
picsite wrote:

Tell her you like her after she's kissed you! Very Happy
before, you got to keep on looking at her, sometimes smiling, sometimes not...most important...say nothing, lety our eyes speak, you will notice that girls are very good at eye communication, they can understand feelings through that very good Very Happy Keep on doing the same things with her, spend sometime with her, at the moment you want to make your move, just take her to somewhere you weren't before, somethig unusual. and take her against you, touch her. Don't try to kiss her if she's the shy sort, if sh'es direct, then you know what you got to do. If she stays with you the whole time it means she expects that Very Happy
bikermwtp
If you really are super crazy over a girl become her best friend show her you are there for her, really get to know her!! DO NOT RUSH INTO IT!!!!! The biggest screw up is rushing things, become her best friend than talk to her about liking her. If you really get to know her you will either like her more or decide she is not the one for you. Get to know each other when you become best friends if you tell her she wont care if you tell her she will either say the same to you or lets just forget you said that she will inderstand!!
svtns
Being honest is a good way.. but you can't be egoistic and not ignore the persons feelings. If you notice she doesn't like you just don't go there..
fx-trading-education
I would say that it depends a bit on the country because the difference in culture make that you have to adapt to what is considered as a good behaviour. In some countries a direct approach could be rude and in others not.
I wouldn'¨t suggest to write anything because a letter can be read many times and there are chances that the more she reads it the more stupid she will find it.
A more natural way sounds better.
And also very small details are important. Very often if you ask a girl after you have decided to be together what were the things that mede her fall in love you will find out that they were details that you were not having any relevance for you like sitting close to her in some occasion, helping her for some small things...
So try to consider these small details as important.
But of course this "first steps" cannot last too long otherwise she will think that you are a fool (and that will be the case).
Then you ave to say or act in a way that make things clear. A good way is to play some game, were you could be close or of course go out in a nice place but physical proximity is important.
JohnCarlo
I always believed that action will speaks louder than words, action will never live.
Ucbet
Find the right mood and settings. Make sure shes attracted to you and have some chemistry going on between you two. And kiss her. Yes, KISS HER Razz

Of course don't do it like you gonna rape her, but find the right moment. It is the best way in my oppinion. Good memory, a straight damn answer too based on the response.

Good luck buddy Wink
fatherbreen
if your going to do something remember

WHAT HURTS THE MOST:
SAYING SOMETHING
AND WISHING YOU HAD NOT,
OR SAYING NOTHING,
AND WISHING YOU HAD?
anarhistu
picsite wrote:

Ok, silly advice:

Tell her just as I started with my girl: "I was thinking... I like you and I was wondering if you think it would be possible for us to try to have a relationship. Maybe it will work..". But if you would want to do as I did, you have to be almost drunk first, and ask one of her friends to call her to you, while you are waiting for her outside.
tingkagol
A plain "I like you" will do after you've massaged your social relationship with her for a bit.

There's really no sure-fire way to divulge the info to her that would make her fall "deeply in love" with you afterwards. Rejection is still very much possible. The goal here is simply to let her know without sounding crazy.
gerliw
i did that, if she is a friend you can take her to another place and tell her the truth.
if not, ask her to go out, it's easy.

picsite wrote:
gibbzy2oo9
I like this girl but we havent spoke for 4 years now, i like her and everything but i just cant say it to her, everytime im near her i clam up and if i think of writing a letter or tell her on msn i keep getting told not to, but i have no other way to tell her cause i am shy. I want this to work between us but i really cannot talk when im around her cause i get too nervous and clam up

help me :'(
steve1200
You could try to take another way.
Give her the feeling, that you are interested in her. Small compliments, invite her to something, ... So possibly she will take to first step Wink
Jamestf347
Drop hints, see if she's interested if she is then let her know, maybe by note ... but try to not to scare her away Smile. If she isn't, don't jeopardize the friendship between you two, maybe she'll like you later on in life.
rollinrockaway
picsite wrote:

First thing is if your afraid to tell her your feelings, is to get her drunk and then will be all smooth riding from there and she might give you a hug and little kiss on the cheek
Fanghai
lol you can't flat out say you like her
you gotta show her that you like her
and then you gotta see if she feels the same, or else you'll likely ruin the friendship if she's that kind of girl
programitv
It is already a very good start you are getting close together Smile).. You can try to imply her more in the activities you do, going to the cinema with your friends, going at the pub.. etc. Than you could throw some indirect hints to show her that you like her.. and wait back for her reaction. If you perceive it as positive .. than you can express directly your feelings, that you would want to be more than friends etc.. Good luck Wink
ponda
Just ask her out.
Denvis
There is a great misconception when it comes to asking a girl out. People normally think they have to make it special and put on an act. Sometimes this works but later on the relationship (if they choose to accept) their expectations will be high and most of the time you won’t be able to keep it up and therefore, break up.

The best way to ask a girl out is simply, wait for the right moment. Yes that does sound oh so cliché but if you don’t do so, you may find yourself with ‘rejected’ marked on your forehead. I also don’t recommend you do put on an act, and be yourself. Yes it is cliché for me to say that too but like I said, there is a great misconception and people decide to put on an act. Finally, don’t mumble, don’t stutter, and don’t make up palm cards and present a speech(in other words, don't be over-prepared but be prepared). Just a simple ‘would you like to go out with me?’ is all that needs to be said. If you so happen to get knocked back, don’t take it as ‘oh no, there is something wrong with me’, there are plenty of other girls around. Don't put yourself down, just get back up.

• Don’t put on an act
• Be simple
• Try not to plan it but be prepared
• Wait for the right moment.
Jaan
don't tell her.... if you do, sandwich it between two negs.... maybe like 'you know if you did X different, i think i would fall for you... but as long as you keep up Y, you know thats impossible'

read some PUA, check out the REDmole's blog for ideas, read MM, etc etc etc

really interesting stuff, good luck.
tukun
picsite wrote:

yes almost evey one faces this problem some win some loose the loosers should not break there mind they should not take this matter seriously, to become a winner depends on many things girls wants security if you really love some one let her free, love can be first started by doing friendship bcoz unless u r frnd of her you cannot give her chance to make her know you you should help her direct proposing will not work unless she knows you just do what you feel right be normal helpfull and patient after that tell her how much valuble she is for you
tukun
gerliw wrote:
i did that, if she is a friend you can take her to another place and tell her the truth.
if not, ask her to go out, it's easy.

picsite wrote:

you tell her your feeling about her such as you miss her you cann't live without her will she accept your proposal but before that tell her if her answer is negative don't break the frndship that you had there will be no change in there frndship relation be her frnd she will understand someday
macky
picsite wrote:

hhhhhmm....well since there's a lot of suggestions here since it was first posted what only i can say just always believe in your self. If you this "exam" definitely you can over come your worries in the future not only in the same issue like this but also to some other things.

You will realize it by the time you found out how to do it perfectly then "qualla", it's like an ABC's learning process for you.Try to read all of the suggestion here and then try to compare what is suitable for you. Meaning what you can handle coz though many suggestion are quite good but you can't do it then it's useless.. Very Happy Very Happy
2much2soon
Shocked thre's this girl I like, and I know for a fact that she had a crush on me a while back, and I think she still does. I think the whole drink idea is brilliant exept 1 thing: I'm underage! And she lives a state over, and I only see her once a week on Sunday, so she's kinda far for me 2 ask her out to a movie. HELP!!!!!! Srry bout spelling and doing this via phone/ iPod.
macky
picsite wrote:

yes say it straight to the girl you love and the girl you like...
Lane
Hi I'm lane and I'm 14 and theres this girl I really like and I know she likes me and I really think I'm in LOVE with her and I've told her I like her and I asked her out but she said "I can't because my friend likes u and I don't want to hurt my friends feelings" but still the girl I like is always talking to me and looking at me and sitting with me and always tries to be close to me but she won't go out with me and I don't know what to do or say PLZ help me Sad
Greatking
Be yourself and tell her exactly how you feel without fear and make sure its in an open place that way you will be more relaxed and she will be more comfortable.
Navigator
Honesty is the answer you are looking for here! Now, if you happen to find a way to carry on this honesty of your feelings in a creative way, that will bring extra points, do you know if she likes flowers? if she likes a certain restaurant or dish? girls love details.
softwarefreak
Its simple! Impress her,try to be funny & charming before proposing! Laughing
chic4u03
just get her to good mood before u tell her...then tell it boldly with a smile on ur face...
bobby123
do u think i could tell her through facebook
but she has a boy freind
0scer
hi 23years old,, i really like this 1 person she is fabolous everything about her is great and i have told her that i like her and i love her, i sometimes leave her flowers at her door of a morning,,we sometimes meet up for a talk and a laugh and sometimes we look deep in to each others eyes 4 like 5/10seconds but how do i know for certain she really likes me????? 6year ago were a item then i lost her through my own stupid actions,,, 2 year ago we were consideren given things another go but she stabbed me in the back she started going out with sum1 then i found out of a friend from work about what was going on,,,, i like her and love her that much i got her name tattooed on my chest and recently told her and now she is'nt talking,,, i feel i've lost her again but at the same tym i feel like a tit but it was it worth it,,,,i NEED help eney advice please,, i have been waitin nearly 6 months now and we have kissed but how do i really know that she likes me???? help me please,, she just magnifico Wink
Insanity
I think you should just go up to her and tell her.
ankur209
Dude ! Its simple !

Take her to a trip or say a picnic or say a restaurant and have a lunch or dinner...Make sure her belly is full and she is not hungry Razz

After that come out and walk with her for few minutes and on the while have a ice-cream or a choclate and start talking about stuffs she likes.

Then stop and sit on your knees,took out the rose(i know its old way but old is gold) and propose her dude !

I'm sure she won't say NO ...Not at all !
0scer
she has told me she really likes me but she doesnt want to be in a relationship right now Sad what do i do? carry on waiting 4 her?
0scer
she has told me she really likes me but she doesnt want to be in a relationship right now Sad what do i do? carry on waiting 4 her?
MeInLove2
Thank god there's shystart.com, although it may be a bit late for you. Anyway, best of luck!
kenxeiko
0scer wrote:

Well, you must wait until she want to be in relationship.
You must respect her choice.. Confused
donoob88
in a situation like this, you should be not so fast (well for me) hmm, maybe you could go to her and act like you just want to have friends to her, but don't tell her that you want her to be her friend, just try to be close to her, make her feel that she is happy with you, then maybe you could tell like this "i'm only happy with a person that i like" or "i only laugh with a person that i like". Like? well, you have your own technique, just think Very Happy
Hey I like this girl that I'm going to talk to tomorrow and see if she likes me. And I've read these and there all over the place, so I don't know what I should use, but I am. I'll come back on and tell you what happens.
Zacharyclay1
0scer wrote:

I think (unless there's another girl you like) you should wait for her and just stay friends. Good luck.
Zacharyclay1
2much2soon wrote:
Shocked thre's this girl I like, and I know for a fact that she had a crush on me a while back, and I think she still does. I think the whole drink idea is brilliant exept 1 thing: I'm underage! And she lives a state over, and I only see her once a week on Sunday, so she's kinda far for me 2 ask her out to a movie. HELP!!!!!! Srry bout spelling and doing this via phone/ iPod.

How long do you hang out? I think it's just as best to tell her you like her and see what you can do, but don't make it feel awkward at all cause then the girl won't like you at all. This happened to me. I made it seem awkward thanks to my stupid brain, and she hates me now.
Zacharyclay1
Zacharyclay1 wrote:
0scer wrote:

I think (unless there's another girl you like) you should wait for her and just stay friends. Good luck.

Exept that could be an way for her not to go out with you but if she said she liked you then I don't know.
Zacharyclay1
Zacharyclay1 wrote:
Hey I like this girl that I'm going to talk to tomorrow and see if she likes me. And I've read these and there all over the place, so I don't know what I should use, but I am. I'll come back on and tell you what happens.

She told me that she only likes me as a friend. Oh well. Girls are to much trouble anyways.
Coen
2much2soon wrote:

You can be underage and still take someone for a drink in my opinion. Just take her to some place where you can have a soft drink, alcohol is by no means required. As for the fact that you only see her once a week: do you have her phone number or some other way to contact her? Or, if you know that you will see her again next week you could suggest to go and do something then (such as going out for a drink). The fact that you see her only once a week does not have to be a problem if you just want to get to know her a bit better. Although eventually you may want to start seeing each other more often (if there is some chemistry), in which case it would be a little more problematic, though not that big. If distance is all then you can overcome that.