FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blood: The Last Vampire

Lord Kuat
I was thinking of nabbing this title. Some of my friends really love it, but I've heard mixed reviews. Anyone have an opinion on it? Is it worth getting?
urbanbuddha
Lord Kuat wrote:
I was thinking of nabbing this title. Some of my friends really love it, but I've heard mixed reviews. Anyone have an opinion on it? Is it worth getting?

It's worth a watch, but it is quite dated. The animation is nice, but in the same manner of your friends, my opinion it is a hit or miss cause of the awkward plot.

Though you should check up the "follow up", Blood+. Don't misunderstand that it's part of Blood: The Last Vamplire. It's simply another attempt to revive the original creators intent on the series, cause of the failed attempt that Blood:TLV was. It was originally going to be 6 OVA release, each being 45minutes long. The cost was high for just the first ep, so they ditched it and released the first ep.
Guyon
Get a used copy and you will not be sorry. It is definitely worth the watch. they use some nice techniques that render very well. The story is a little weak near the end but I really enjoyed watching it.
ashen
I prefer to read the manga. I like the manga, but I cant rate how good the anime is because I haven't watch it.
The storyline and the artwork are good.
carlokes
This movie helps a little to understand better Blood+ since it introduces Saya, the main character (although it's not really an introduction...whatever)

Shame i only notice that they were connected after a while of which i thought...."hummm....this makes sense...damn!" Razz
shinnoyami
It's good, but a bit short Confused
sugarbox
so confused with this toppic Rolling Eyes
The Last vampire and what? How?
urbanbuddha
sugarbox wrote:
so confused with this toppic Rolling Eyes
The Last vampire and what? How?

The thread starter was curious whether the anime title "Blood: The Last Vampire" was worth getting, assuming it will be part of his/her anime collection.

As I stated before, the original creator wanted to make a 6 episodes mini-series @ 40min each to the original concept of 'B:TLV', but they stopped after the first episode. Later Pioneer released that one episode as a standalone, dubbing it as B:TLV.

I hope that clear it up.
WizardOne
Blood the last vampire is a movie/OVA. The tv related series is Blood+, Blood+ and blood the last vampire deal with different time periods and slightly different universes. Also the animation style is completely different.

If you want dark and gothic blood:the last vampire is perfect. If you want a bit more storyline and a lot more in depth character development then Blood+ is more up your alley. Personally I preferred Blood+ as it actually EXPLAINS things and treats you to excellent visuals and long combat scenes that don't just involve oneslash kills.

I may seem a little biased but Blood: the last vampire seemed rather rushed, more like a side project they made while working on something more important.

Feel free to disagree or not ^^