FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Learn to Defend Yourself @ MMAI

odinstag
The MMAI is an attempt at an organized manifestation of what I have learned in my 30 some years surviving on the streets of America. My experience combined with the experience I have gained from like minded friends as it pretains to all aspects of Self Defense Combat, will be the main focus of this Blog.

Not only that, MMAI is an initiative to explore the inner workings of real world combat. We are trying to put the "Martial" back in "Martial Art".

Although we do encourage participation in Combat Sports to hone your skills and learn vital things about fighting a real resisting target. We want people to keep in mind that Sport and Self Defense are two seperate and distinct levels of threat.

In the ring you have a ref and rules to protect you from major harm. There are medical facilities close by and if it is a sanctioned event there are doctors on site.

Not so in the street. You must win on the street. There is no rematch.

Choose your Weapons!

Choose your Ground!

Face whatever comes!

Please come and visit my new site @ Modern Martial Arts Initiative Blog

With Crime and Terrorism on the rise all around us, I have decided to share many of the skills I have learned over the last 30 some years of Survival and Self Defense.

If this information saves even one life from harm, then it is well worth it to have been involved.

Enjoy!
odinstag
BTW, if anyone would like to take a look at the site and tell me what they think of the Blog setup and if they can understand my posts, I would much appreciate it.

This site is kinda my pet project. So hopefully it will get better as I get used to posting and get my content more completed. The Blog is just the first part of the site I am implementing.

I plan on using the site to serve the half a dozen or so students I have at any given time. As well as encourage others to pursue groups of their own to study effective self defense and promote participation in competitions when possible.
Whong
It looks really nice, and there is a lot of good stuff in there! The outlook of the site is (in my opinion) a bit simple, you could use a bit brighter colours.

I think it is really a nice site to learn street defence! Wink Idea
b4r4t
Simple nice Layout... there is even Polish language for menu Very Happy
About this layouts - colors are well ballanced , but You may think about logo ... make it more representative (I don;t know if this is a right spelling of this world:P) Smile
But about martial arts ... i don't like full contact brutal styles Smile (i like to watch but i don't want to learn it:P) ... i just like simple, nice capoeira - Especially when brasilians do it Very Happy
budazz
nice blog it really helps... Cool
odinstag
b4r4t wrote:
Simple nice Layout... there is even Polish language for menu Very Happy
About this layouts - colors are well ballanced , but You may think about logo ... make it more representative (I don;t know if this is a right spelling of this world:P) Smile
But about martial arts ... i don't like full contact brutal styles Smile (i like to watch but i don't want to learn it:P) ... i just like simple, nice capoeira - Especially when brasilians do it Very Happy

The Logo is the Rune for Self Defense. So it does represent, most people just don't know that. I am not asian and don't feel comfortable using their symbols and since what I try to teach really isn't like anything taught in the asian martial arts, their symbols don't even fit.

I am glad you guys went to look it over. I try to post new things daily.
odinstag
budazz wrote:
nice blog it really helps... Cool

Anything that helps someone out is good. I am glad you found it helpful. I'll try to remain helpful.
odinstag
There are new articles on MMAI Blog.

Mental Skills: Hostage Survival Part #1, Staying Alert.

Mental Skills: Hostage Survival Part #2, Are You A Target?.

Enjoy and comment please.
odinstag
Whong wrote:
It looks really nice, and there is a lot of good stuff in there! The outlook of the site is (in my opinion) a bit simple, you could use a bit brighter colours.

Can you explain what you mean by "Outlook of the site"? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Or did you just mean the look of the site?

I will be working on that as I progress.

I wanted to get some meat out there and then build look when I had less to say.
odinstag
By the way, thanks for visiting my site.

I hope I can keep up the good work. I have some video to take.
snowboardude
nice site, some good tips there (this coming from a shoto-khan karate black-belt), very helpful for a beginner to learn something quickly, sorta like crash-course-karate.
odinstag
snowboardude wrote:
nice site, some good tips there (this coming from a shoto-khan karate black-belt), very helpful for a beginner to learn something quickly, sorta like crash-course-karate.

That is one of our main goals. To teach initial classes and techniques that bringa fighter up to speed very fast. Then with practice we add more advanced stuff.
hyhy
I like it.

Krav maga is still better!
Whong
odinstag wrote:
Whong wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by "Outlook of the site"? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Or did you just mean the look of the site?

I will be working on that as I progress.

I wanted to get some meat out there and then build look when I had less to say.

Yes, I mean the look of the site. Wink Idea
odinstag
hyhy wrote:
I like it.

Krav maga is still better!

Well, I am not disagreeing at all.

Krav Maga is good. Real good.

And many techniques offered have been learned from the Krav Maga people I know. I just haven't offered any of them so far.

Krav Maga don't start teaching from the ground as I understand it. I do.
odinstag
Whong wrote:

Yes, I mean the look of the site. Wink Idea

K, that will be worked on later. As I slow down with my writing.
warallthetm
If you use zippy video host, view the page source of the video page, find the code that emebeds the video, copy it into a blnk page of your site, open the page by clicking a link which opens a pop-up, it looks better
Tomppe
Nice site, and quite much content and that is a + Smile
odinstag
warallthetm wrote:
If you use zippy video host, view the page source of the video page, find the code that emebeds the video, copy it into a blnk page of your site, open the page by clicking a link which opens a pop-up, it looks better

I would have to figure out how to do that with the Blog program I am using. But it is a possibilty.
odinstag
Tomppe wrote:
Nice site, and quite much content and that is a + Smile

I am glad you like what I have done so far. I have some video production to do before I can get some of the good stuff done. But I have plenty of topics and an extensive library of martial arts books, videos and experience to help with content.
Dark-Tech
the scottish defense video plays by it self and the audio from it interferes witht the audio from the other videos - so at the very least it should be moved to the top so the viewers can know what the sound is and stop it also the advertisemnet has to have more room it obscures the
Some People have Bigger Mouths than Brains.

title topper
odinstag
Dark-Tech wrote:
the scottish defense video plays by it self and the audio from it interferes witht the audio from the other videos - so at the very least it should be moved to the top so the viewers can know what the sound is and stop it also the advertisemnet has to have more room it obscures the
Some People have Bigger Mouths than Brains.

title topper

WOW, What browser you use?

It has to be started on my computer. You may have been looking at the site at the same time I was fixing the video you are talking about.

Please tell me what browser you use and I will look at the site in that browser to check it.
odinstag
Got some new articles up.

Go check them out.

blog.modernmartialarts.net
odinstag
Okay, I started getting E-mail questions about fitness. So I have been working on some fitness content.

I am also going to do a parallel thread here on FriHost.

Hope you guys enjoy.