FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AwStats "Add to Favorites" reliability

thame
How accurate is the "Add to Favorites" statistic in AwStats that tells you the percentage of visitors who bookmark your site.

I ask because the number for my website has hovered above 50% and that seems a little high to me...
Bondings
thame wrote:
How accurate is the "Add to Favorites" statistic in AwStats that tells you the percentage of visitors who bookmark your site.

I ask because the number for my website has hovered above 50% and that seems a little high to me...

Normally only your browser is able to figure out if you bookmarked something. However, a combination of no referrer and a request for the favicon.ico can mean that a user bookmarked a website. But that only works with Internet Explorer as Firefox always looks for that file. Wink

So, yes, you should only look at the relative percentage.(I mean if they become lower-higher)

I already reached over 400% on Frihost, but don't ask me how. Most of the time it is around 100%.