FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Gays - Do You Accept Them?






Do you feel comfortable around gays? Do you accept them?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 68 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 18 ]
Oh stop it, this is insulting (VOTE FOR THREAD TO BE REMOVED)
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 90

Mr Smith
So what are your thoughts about gays? I don't want to point fingers, but I am really interested to know...

My primary school teacher was a nice bloke, as I knew him since I was 4 years old. And just last year, I get told he is a gay, and now I feel uncomfortable around him...

I don't know, but when we get to accept them for who they are, I guess they are fine...

Whats your view on this matter?

VOTE PL0X
Bosleee
i will probably have some bad comments bout this comment but i dont like them i disagree with the whole gay thing.

i can talk to them but i dont talk to them like i would anyone else i feel really uncomfortable round them dont know why i just do i suppose its the way i was brought up
cavey
If a friend told me he or she is gay, I would not feel weird around them. Why should I? They love people of their own sex, so what? Does that change the way they are a friend to me? They do not love everyone of their own sex (if someone is afraid to get hit on by their gay buddy). And what they are doing in their bed should be their business. I'm sure many hetero people do stuff in their bed that some gay people would find very disgusting.
Tatsumaru
I believe everyone should decide what they want for themselves. I'm not approving it but yeah, it's not my decision to make right? Hehe.
profetidelcazzo
Many of my friends are gay, and I realy don't feel uncomfortable around them.
Allweareisair
I think that sexual orientation has no relation whatsoever as to how I view a person as a human being. I have gay friends and straight friends, and I don't really see why people bother discriminating between the two. Just different proclivities.

I could turn this into my stock rant as to why gay marriage is a good thing, but I don't feel starting a flamewar would be good for a first post.
ninjakannon
Yes, good point about the forum, ocalhoun.

Anyway, one of my freinds admitted that they were gay, but does that matter, does that change anything? No! Of course not. I am sure of my sexuality and they are sure of theirs, I don't feel uncomftable arround them and can talk with them just as I could before I learned that they were gay. So what has changed, well nothing really; if I had acted differently that I had before I knew that they were gay I would be unfairly discriminating.
pixor
People that call homosexuality unnatural just disappoint me. It is not a sign of an unhealthy mind or anything like that, and it has been going on for thousands of years, long before ancient greek and stuff. I think people who are reckless enough to evaluate a human being, its experiences and mental capabilities are just too superficial and dumb.
CanadianGeek
Hmm, I'm not sure why this thread is in this category exactly... Anyhow...

Interesting stance pixor. I kind of agree for the most part. It disappoints me that people like lawmakers see fit to propose legislation to ban things like so-called "same sex marriage" or to prevent people who consider themselves homosexual from adopting children. Many people argue that same sex marriage and allowing homosexuals to adopt children will destroy family values. But if they would take a closer look at society today, family values are changing and according to some people being destroyed anyway. And just where is the basis for such claims when marriage between two people of the same sex has never before been allowed?
ninjakannon
I do not think that it should be illegal and I believe that the law should not intervene. People marry because they love each other (or usually); so what is different when two people of the same sex marry? Nothing!

I do not think that family values are the biggest issue with same sex couples adopting children. Imagin that your parents are both men, or both women. Would you like that, or not? Personaly I would not. For a few reasons: firstly I would get bullied in school when my peers found out. And secondly, it just wouldn't seem right, I would be afraid to tell people simply because it is seen as strange and even weird in modern society.

So you can put some blame on society for the these issues conserning homosexuality.
Shike
First off let me mention that I am a Bi-Sexual. I have had feelings for both Men and women and, if I weren't married to a woman, would very easily consider a relationship with a man as easily as with a woman.

One of the things that Grind me about the "gay stigmatism" is that of promiscuity. The media and conservative groups try to paint the picture that being something other than hetero leads to promescuity. I once saw a catholic cartoon that had two men go up to city hall for a marraige liscense. Then two women, and then a man and two women (indicating the one of them was bi). This particular stigmatism glosses over that there are far more heterosexuals who are promiscuous, yet that may be a small percentage of the total population. I"m not saying that there aren't promiscuous Gays and Bi's but, ones sexuality doesn't deterime promescuity.


I have been in a similar situation. I've had friends or coworkers tell me they are gay and it hasn't fased me. Unfortunately, they are mainly the only ones (in the area I live in) that I have told about my sexuality, but I live in a rather conservative part of the country.
The Conspirator
I don;t see a problem with homosexuality. Its there life and there not hearting any one so, live and let live.
The only people who have problems with homosexuality are people who are not secure with there own sexuality. Cause of there sexual insecurity and this stupid idea that homosexuality is wrong or evil they feel ashamed and insecure about them selves which the project onto homosexuals.
oais
I've not seen any gay people here in Mumbai, maybe they have a secret society or meet in secret in some secret place of their own. I wouldn't mind being friends gays as long as they keep themselves decent. Smile
We r the SYC
for me it depends on how "Camp" they are, and how much "gay pride" they have Razz , if its too much they are down right annoying... i have experience in this i am a proud CLOSET GAY, as it is called i guess and proud of it lol, but wen other "out" gay ppl i know find out the way they act changes from respectful and "normal" to mostly being realy insensitive and bitchy/overly sexaul around me,

maybe i just dont know any decent guys lol

any takers? Very Happy
the_mariska
I have a few friends which claim to be gay or Bi, and I don't have anything against them. Except for one situation: when they get drunk. One of them is a really wonderful person, but when he gets even a bit drunk, he makes a pass at all of the guys around him, including my boyfriend. Razz I have noticed also that my gay friends do not have stable relationships, as they often have sex with accidental people when they get drunk. However, when they are sober I really like them Wink
Subsonic Sound
The house I lived in last year was actually predominantly gay. Nice guys all. And in once case, occasionally a nice girl.

I have no problem at all with gay people - but camp people do annoy me. But then, people who go to great lengths to rub their heterosexuality in your face are JUST as annoying as those who go to great lengths to demonstrate their homosexuality.
jharsika
I found out a couple people I knew were gay....some it changed the way I looked at them, and others it didn't. I guess it just gave me an excuse to hate them (since I already did).

Actually I became friends with someone on purpose after I found out they had told someone they were gay.....I'm weird.
Thatguy
I don't mind gay people at all. In fact, some of my friends happen to be gay. It doesn't affect me in any way at all. I don't want to start anything, but I don't see how they shouldn't be allowed the same rights as straight people when it comes to marriage.
Trapper
You accept them, yes. But you never approve of their lifestyle. It's very clear in the Bible that it's a "man" and a "woman", not "man" and "man" or "woman" and "woman".

If you have a friend or family member that says they are Gay, first of all you tell them how much you love them, but second of all you tell them God does not approve. Furthermore we are all sinners, an no one is better than another. However, we are instructed to go and sin no more. Thus, we must do our best to resist those temptations that bring us back into sin--Gay Lifestyle--.

I'm obviously not the expert, but this is my opinion based on scriptures.
The Conspirator
Quote:
I'm obviously not the expert, but this is my opinion based on scriptures.

And thats a bad thing.
Shike
Trapper wrote:
You accept them, yes. But you never approve of their lifestyle. It's very clear in the Bible that it's a "man" and a "woman", not "man" and "man" or "woman" and "woman".


And why can't this simply read "Between Two People" instead if specify gender?

[edit]
Andy why, oh why, are we using religious belief to dictate law? Why not use common sense and compassion?
[/edit]
The Conspirator
Cause monotheists love to force there religion and morels onto other people.
hyhy
For me they are sick since homosexuality isnt natural. I fell sorry for them, and i don't care unless i wont see they kissing or doing nasty things in public, cos this is disgusting.

I also dont like that they want to have kids, adopt them and make families. That would demorilize those kids. So unless they doing what they doing in private and dont affect community i dont care but otherwise i dont accpet!
ninjakannon
hyhy wrote:
For me they are sick since homosexuality isnt natural. I fell sorry for them, and i don't care unless i wont see they kissing or doing nasty things in public, cos this is disgusting.

I also dont like that they want to have kids, adopt them and make families. That would demorilize those kids. So unless they doing what they doing in private and dont affect community i dont care but otherwise i dont accpet!

What's the difference between differing genders and people of the same gender kissing in public?

And why is that "sick"?

I do agree that they should not have kids though.
The Conspirator
hyhy wrote:
For me they are sick since homosexuality isnt natural. I fell sorry for them, and i don't care unless i wont see they kissing or doing nasty things in public, cos this is disgusting.

I also dont like that they want to have kids, adopt them and make families. That would demorilize those kids. So unless they doing what they doing in private and dont affect community i dont care but otherwise i dont accpet!


And what about it is unnatural? And if it is so why is that wrong? Driving a car isn't natural, using a computer isn't natural, people do allot of unnatural things. Why is that "unnatural" thing so wrong?
Quote:
That would demorilize those kids.

How, how would being raised by a gay couple be demoralising?

And why dose it make you unconvertible?
hyhy
The Conspirator wrote:
And what about it is unnatural? And if it is so why is that wrong? Driving a car isn't natural, using a computer isn't natural, people do allot of unnatural things. Why is that "unnatural" thing so wrong?


That are hard questions and they are connected with meaning of life, and other. Anyway humans have 2 genders, and its because we are hetero and can't reproduce other way. Or we are hetero because we have 2 genders. Hard to say. If homo would be natural then there would be only one gender, like in some animals. Also look other animals (we are still animals) i can't see any gay animals, if theres another gender in that family. Why driving car isn't unnatural? How you define unnaturality?

The Conspirator wrote:
How, how would being raised by a gay couple be demoralising?


Make those kids gay! To make a kid theres need for man and woman. The kid will be hetero, but when it will raise in homo family it became homo in 90%. Maybe demoralising was wrong word. Don't know how to call it.

The Conspirator wrote:
And why dose it make you unconvertible?


What means unconvertible? I didnt find.

ninjakannon wrote:
What's the difference between differing genders and people of the same gender kissing in public?


For me its disgusting. And i dont accept it, thats my subjective answer. That was the question in this topic.

ninjakannon wrote:
And why is that "sick"?


Because it comes from homosexuality which is sickness. I do not belive you are born as a homosexual. You became homosexual when you grow up in certain circumstances, in patologic families, or some other diffrents situations. I think it's like you grow up in family where everyone is alcoholics, and you become alcoholic yourself. Both are sickness and both must be cured. And i heard homosexuality can be cured.

ninjakannon wrote:
I do agree that they should not have kids though.


^^
wumingsden
We r the SYC wrote:

for me it depends on how "Camp" they are, and how much "gay pride" they have Razz , if its too much they are down right annoying... i have experience in this i am a proud CLOSET GAY, as it is called i guess and proud of it lol, but wen other "out" gay ppl i know find out the way they act changes from respectful and "normal" to mostly being realy insensitive and bitchy/overly sexaul around me,

maybe i just dont know any decent guys lol

any takers? Very Happy



You haven't met any decent guys yet Cool

How comes you hide your sexuality ?

Shike wrote:
First off let me mention that I am a Bi-Sexual. I have had feelings for both Men and women and, if I weren't married to a woman, would very easily consider a relationship with a man as easily as with a woman.

One of the things that Grind me about the "gay stigmatism" is that of promiscuity. The media and conservative groups try to paint the picture that being something other than hetero leads to promescuity. I once saw a catholic cartoon that had two men go up to city hall for a marraige liscense. Then two women, and then a man and two women (indicating the one of them was bi). This particular stigmatism glosses over that there are far more heterosexuals who are promiscuous, yet that may be a small percentage of the total population. I"m not saying that there aren't promiscuous Gays and Bi's but, ones sexuality doesn't deterime promescuity.


I am also bi-sexual. I completely agree with everything you say as well as what pixor says.

I'd also like to add that something which is un-natural doesn't mean that it is wrong. An example of this is God. God isn't natural yet it also isn't wrong in believeing in it, in my own opinion.

I think that same-sex couples should have all the writes as all opposite-sex couples including the right to marry and adopt. Surely a child in care would be better off in a family that has 2 same-sex parents ? The child will more lilely be more accepting of people and the parents will teach the child that what other people say does not matter. They'll teach them that love and compassion is all that matters not other people's opinions. For this reason I acknowledge, but do not accept, the opinions of others, including hyhy. I think the thing I dislike the most about people like you hyhy is that you use words to dis-hearten people - this minority is selfish and I sincerly feel sorry for you. I don't believe in god, yet nor do I use demolising words. I'll say that I don't believe in it and then state why, that is all.


hyhy wrote:
I do not belive you are born as a homosexual. You became homosexual when you grow up in certain circumstances, in patologic families, or some other diffrents situations. I think it's like you grow up in family where everyone is alcoholics, and you become alcoholic yourself. Both are sickness and both must be cured. And i heard homosexuality can be cured.


I am bi-sexual. I have grown up with people telling me that homosexuality is wrong, that its a sin, that its an horrific disease.

@ Thatguy: Just thought I'd mention that I like your avatar


[edit]
Just remembered that there is another thread on it. I am at this moment however going to leave it open. It may be locked by me or another member of staff in the near-future.
[/edit]
Subsonic Sound
Quote:
What means unconvertible? I didnt find.


Try "unconvertable".
AftershockVibe
Quote:
That are hard questions and they are connected with meaning of life, and other. Anyway humans have 2 genders, and its because we are hetero and can't reproduce other way. Or we are hetero because we have 2 genders. Hard to say. If homo would be natural then there would be only one gender, like in some animals. Also look other animals (we are still animals) i can't see any gay animals, if theres another gender in that family. Why driving car isn't unnatural? How you define unnaturality?


So, the only purpose of humans is to reproduce? That's a very dim view of the world. If that were the case why not allow sex with anyone who is sexually able (ie >16)?

Also, there are documented cases of homosexuality in all mammal populations, birds and most other species which do not reproduce asexually.

The Conspirator wrote:
Make those kids gay! To make a kid theres need for man and woman. The kid will be hetero, but when it will raise in homo family it became homo in 90%. Maybe demoralising was wrong word. Don't know how to call it.


OK... where's the evidence for this? The argument comes from nowhere! It seems to me that there are still plenty of gay people despite the fact that their parents are heterosexual (most people are to have children!!!)

ninjakannon wrote:
For me its disgusting. And i dont accept it, thats my subjective answer. That was the question in this topic.


Fair enough.

ninjakannon wrote:
Because it comes from homosexuality which is sickness. I do not belive you are born as a homosexual. You became homosexual when you grow up in certain circumstances, in patologic families, or some other diffrents situations. I think it's like you grow up in family where everyone is alcoholics, and you become alcoholic yourself. Both are sickness and both must be cured. And i heard homosexuality can be cured.


Firstly homosexuality cannot be "cured".
It is *theoretically* possible to use male hormones to increase the reproductive urges of gay men and make but this is not a cure any more than giving a woman male hormones and making them more masculine is a cure for being feminine! You don't classify being a woman as a disease, there is no cause to call homosexuality a disease either save for prejudice.
Thatguy
hyhy wrote:
That are hard questions and they are connected with meaning of life, and other. Anyway humans have 2 genders, and its because we are hetero and can't reproduce other way. Or we are hetero because we have 2 genders. Hard to say. If homo would be natural then there would be only one gender, like in some animals. Also look other animals (we are still animals) i can't see any gay animals, if theres another gender in that family. Why driving car isn't unnatural? How you define unnaturality?


Cars are not natural, they are man-made. By the way you talk, I expect you to hunt your food, only using your bare hands, because anything else would be unnatural.

There are gay animals in nature.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html

Quote:

Make those kids gay! To make a kid theres need for man and woman. The kid will be hetero, but when it will raise in homo family it became homo in 90%. Maybe demoralising was wrong word. Don't know how to call it.


Proof?

Quote:
For me its disgusting. And i dont accept it, thats my subjective answer. That was the question in this topic.


That's fine, but that is your opinion, not fact. I can make up numbers, too: 90% of people offended by gays are gay themselves.

Quote:
Because it comes from homosexuality which is sickness. I do not belive you are born as a homosexual. You became homosexual when you grow up in certain circumstances, in patologic families, or some other diffrents situations. I think it's like you grow up in family where everyone is alcoholics, and you become alcoholic yourself. Both are sickness and both must be cured. And i heard homosexuality can be cured.


It is not a sickness. People can not just stop being gay. There isn't a "cure". Alcoholism != being gay.

By your logic, being blind or handicapped is a sickness, which is completely wrong.

Edit: Too late. Sad
The Conspirator
Quote:
That are hard questions and they are connected with meaning of life, and other. Anyway humans have 2 genders, and its because we are hetero and can't reproduce other way. Or we are hetero because we have 2 genders. Hard to say. If homo would be natural then there would be only one gender, like in some animals. Also look other animals (we are still animals) i can't see any gay animals, if theres another gender in that family. Why driving car isn't unnatural? How you define unnaturality?

Having 2 gender dose not make homosexuality unnatural. There are many human races. Are you going to say that it is unnatural for a black man and a white woman to marry, have sex and have children?
How is driving a car unnatural? A car is not a natural thing, it manufactured, its made of steel plastic and glass, steel made from iron ore strip mined out of the earth, glass made from solicit, plastics made from chemicals that don't exists naturally, nothing about a car is naturally. Nothing about a computer is naturally, nothing about the internet is naturally, its all artificial, none of it exists naturally it all has to be made. If it doesn't exist in nature alone, than it is not natural.
You using a computer to post something on the internet, two very naturally things and you trying to demonsise something by calling it naturally. Thats hypocritical.
Quote:
Make those kids gay! To make a kid theres need for man and woman. The kid will be hetero, but when it will raise in homo family it became homo in 90%. Maybe demoralising was wrong word. Don't know how to call it.

And where did you hear that? If that where true than there would be far less homosexuals. People don't just become gay. Many gay people have feel different all there lives, they don't choose to become homosexual or bisexual, they discover it.
Quote:
What means unconvertible? I didnt find.

Spell check error. Why dose it make you Uncomfortable.
I already know why, see my fist post in this topic. And do some reflecting before you come post again.
Quote:
Because it comes from homosexuality which is sickness. I do not belive you are born as a homosexual. You became homosexual when you grow up in certain circumstances, in patologic families, or some other diffrents situations. I think it's like you grow up in family where everyone is alcoholics, and you become alcoholic yourself. Both are sickness and both must be cured.

Did some one tell you this or are you making this up? You don;t become a certain way by growing up in certain conditions, there are many other factors. Many people have grown up in violent households and grue up to be good people and many people who grue up in nonviolent house holds and ended up very evil people.
Quote:
And i heard homosexuality can be cured.

No, it can't.

Before you make any other posts, actually talk to some homosexuals cause you know nothing about the topic of homosexuality.
hyhy
AftershockVibe wrote:
So, the only purpose of humans is to reproduce? That's a very dim view of the world. If that were the case why not allow sex with anyone who is sexually able (ie >16)?


I never said its only purpose. Its one of the main purpose. If we would stop reproducing we would stop existing.

The Conspirator wrote:
OK... where's the evidence for this? The argument comes from nowhere!


True Rolling Eyes

Thatguy wrote:
Cars are not natural, they are man-made. By the way you talk, I expect you to hunt your food, only using your bare hands, because anything else would be unnatural.


I asked about driving cars, not about cars itselves.

Thatguy wrote:
Proof?


These are my speculations.

Thatguy wrote:
It is not a sickness. People can not just stop being gay. There isn't a "cure". Alcoholism != being gay.

By your logic, being blind or handicapped is a sickness, which is completely wrong.


No i do think that homesuxuality sits in your mind. Look at gay people, most of them are sensitive and don't have strong mind. Maybe im wrong. But being blind or handicaped is a harm of your organism, which isnt sicknes.

The Conspirator wrote:
Having 2 gender dose not make homosexuality unnatural. There are many human races. Are you going to say that it is unnatural for a black man and a white woman to marry, have sex and have children?


No you misunderstood me. Im not fluent in english so its hard to explain my thoughts.

The Conspirator wrote:
Did some one tell you this or are you making this up? You don;t become a certain way by growing up in certain conditions, there are many other factors. Many people have grown up in violent households and grue up to be good people and many people who grue up in nonviolent house holds and ended up very evil people.


Many people have strong mind. Homosexuals as i noticed are mainly soft and weak.

The Conspirator wrote:
...do some reflecting before you come post again.... Before you make any other posts, actually talk to some homosexuals cause you know nothing about the topic of homosexuality.


I made some reflections. I dont know any homos Sad.

Ok i dont want to argue anymore, about things u made up, whats natural whats not, whats sickness whats not, because its kind of pointless. IMHO homosexuals cant have children and i can argue about this. Why?

- Adopted kids raised in gay family wont be the same like they would raised in normal family. Their childhood and friends could laugh from them, so they could not have normal friends. This could change them and have bad affection.
- For most of kids their parents are idols. Someone said hes bi-sexual. Okay thats a sexual deviance like when u like pain or else. But in families u dont show your childrens what deviance you are. In gay family it will be seen. Most of the kids look at parents and want to be the same.
- I can think of more if you like.

Although those are speculations these are most probably to happen. And if so we CAN NOT make rabbits from kids and experience on them.
The Conspirator
[quote=""hyhy"I asked about driving cars, not about cars itselves.[/quote]
Yous in an natural device controlling it with devises that has nothing to do with nature.

Quote:
No i do think that homesuxuality sits in your mind. Look at gay people, most of them are sensitive and don't have strong mind. Maybe im wrong. But being blind or handicaped is a harm of your organism, which isnt sicknes.

That proves it, you absolutely no idea what your talking about. You have never mt a homosexual in your life have you? Or you don't know you have. They are the same as every one else, there not week minded fools, there not flamboyant, there not effeminate. they look like every one else and act like every one else.
I say again, talk to guy people, its easy, you on the internet. You will find them nothing like you think they are.

Quote:
No you misunderstood me. Im not fluent in english so its hard to explain my thoughts.

No I didn't, you said "theres male and female and it sex is supposed to be between mails and females" that is a similar argument to "there is black and there is white and they are not meant to mix".

Quote:
Many people have strong mind. Homosexuals as i noticed are mainly soft and weak.

Quote:
I dont know any homos

Need I say anything here?

Quote:
I made some reflections.

By reflect I mean question your self and think. Think about it, imagine it.

Quote:
- Adopted kids raised in gay family wont be the same like they would raised in normal family. Their childhood and friends could laugh from them, so they could not have normal friends. This could change them and have bad affection.
- For most of kids their parents are idols. Someone said hes bi-sexual. Okay thats a sexual deviance like when u like pain or else. But in families u dont show your childrens what deviance you are. In gay family it will be seen. Most of the kids look at parents and want to be the same.
- I can think of more if you like.

Although those are speculations these are most probably to happen. And if so we CAN NOT make rabbits from kids and experience on them.

And you don't know about human nature ether. There are many, many, many, many factors that determine a persons personality. Genetics, internal environment, external environment and many many more. To say if person A raises person B, person B will be like blah, blah, blah is like saying Jupiter is small. And those peculations are highly improbable.

Again: Talk to gay people, go into a gay chat room and read an ask.
CrimsonStrange
Since the original subject of this post was about the acceptance (or not) of gays in society, I thought this might be a relevant link...

Quote:
Though familiar to Americans primarily as a laid-back beach destination, Jamaica is hardly idyllic. The country has the world's highest murder rate. And its rampant violence against gays and lesbians has prompted human-rights groups to confer another ugly distinction: the most homophobic place on earth...


Source: The Most Homophobic Place on Earth?

I find it interesting & a little amusing that the question of whether or not gays/lesbians are accepted by people keeps coming up again & again in the forum. And the answers are always the same. Rolling Eyes
Bondings
From that article:
Quote:
In 2004, a teen was almost killed when his father learned his son was gay and invited a group to lynch the boy at his school.

I'm just stunned. Shocked
ninjakannon
Bondings wrote:
From that article:
Quote:
In 2004, a teen was almost killed when his father learned his son was gay and invited a group to lynch the boy at his school.

I'm just stunned. Shocked

So am I, Bondings... It's quite, no, it's EXTREMLEY shocking and I think that the father must have seriously regretted his actions after that; or there really is something wrong with him!
area547
calling homosexuallity a disease is pure ignorance.The way i see it, sexuality is a topic thats upto you, and whoever mutually is concerned).
So for me that means I really don't care, but I don't want to know/hear about it.

As far as gay marriages go.. I think gay couples should have the same rights as a married heterosexual couples, but they should call it a 'civil union'. Eventhough we have discpicable divorce rates in this country, I believe marriage is between one man and one woman. However I respect everyone's equal right, and therefore homosexuals should be able to experience the same rights heterosexual couples enjoy.
ninjakannon
area547 wrote:
calling homosexuallity a disease is pure ignorance.The way i see it, sexuality is a topic thats upto you, and whoever mutually is concerned).
So for me that means I really don't care, but I don't want to know/hear about it.

As far as gay marriages go.. I think gay couples should have the same rights as a married heterosexual couples, but they should call it a 'civil union'. Eventhough we have discpicable divorce rates in this country, I believe marriage is between one man and one woman. However I respect everyone's equal right, and therefore homosexuals should be able to experience the same rights heterosexual couples enjoy.

Too true!

Everyone should be equaly viewed in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of religion.
hyhy
The Conspirator wrote:
That proves it, you absolutely no idea what your talking about. You have never mt a homosexual in your life have you? Or you don't know you have. They are the same as every one else, there not week minded fools, there not flamboyant, there not effeminate. they look like every one else and act like every one else.
I say again, talk to guy people, its easy, you on the internet. You will find them nothing like you think they are.
...
Need I say anything here?


That doesnt prove what u wrote. That i personally don't know homosexuals doesn't mean that i dont know nothing about them. I personally dont know George Bush and know a lot about him etc. I saw many times homosexuals, there were many auditions in TV with them, also it was loud about it some time in newspapers. I have friends who know homosexuals and told me about them, but i never speak to those eye to eye. Anyway from TV i saw they are not 100% the same and normal. Look how they talk, how they move, they, like girls, work on their image too much. And yes u need say anything here.

Quote:
No I didn't, you said "theres male and female and it sex is supposed to be between mails and females" that is a similar argument to "there is black and there is white and they are not meant to mix".


No its not.

Quote:
By reflect I mean question your self and think. Think about it, imagine it.


I exactly did. I imagined myself in a homosexual family.

Quote:
And you don't know about human nature ether. There are many, many, many, many factors that determine a persons personality. Genetics, internal environment, external environment and many many more. To say if person A raises person B, person B will be like blah, blah, blah is like saying Jupiter is small. And those peculations are highly improbable.

Again: Talk to gay people, go into a gay chat room and read an ask.


Read what i wrote exactly. Do you really think kid raised in homosexual family will be the same as raised in heterosexual family? Hell no. Kids under 10 years are evil, laugh from everything and im sure they would laugh from kid from homosexual family. This will put big pressure on that kid. So the enviroment will afect that kid, there are also other factors which can badly affect such kids. Do you really want to experience on poor kids without parents?

And when i were playing with chats some time ago, i didnt even have to search for homosexuals, they just started talking to me "hey how long you have", "hey how you look like", "hey do you prefer anal or oral". On chats sits mostly kids or people who are affraid on real-life intteraction, shy or so. Are you one of them?
ninjakannon
Quote:
Look how they talk, how they move, they, like girls, work on their image too much.

It is often true that you can tell the difference between a homosexual and a normal person. Gays usualy talk in a higher pitched voice and do pay more attention to the way they dress/look.

I have a friend that I have known for over 5 years that is gay and this is true of him. Before the admitted that he was gay people often joked about it and said that he was. The did this because he had some of the stereotepical attributes of a homosexual person.

Onto another point:
I would hate to live with parents of the same gender. Not that I would have anything wrong with their sexuality. No, the issue here is about what other people would think (they would bully and anoy me) and also the way I would be brought up. I do not think that I would have grown up anything like the way that I have if my parents were both the same gender.
wumingsden
The problem with society these days it it trues and tells us whats right and wrong. When they think your doing something wrong they try and do something about it, like bullying. If you're however a strong person then this really won't matter to you.

Also, some people show characteristics of being gay, others don't. Its also important to notice that some people that act "camp" are not gay. Also, a lot of straight man care as much about there appearance as woman but don't like to admit it for fear of people calling them go. All this is down to sterotyping - quite sad really.
ninjakannon
wumingsden wrote:
All this is down to sterotyping - quite sad really.
I can't dissagree with that, wumingsden.
The Conspirator
"hyhy wrote:
That doesnt prove what u wrote. That i personally don't know homosexuals doesn't mean that i dont know nothing about them. I personally dont know George Bush and know a lot about him etc. I saw many times homosexuals, there were many auditions in TV with them, also it was loud about it some time in newspapers. I have friends who know homosexuals and told me about them, but i never speak to those eye to eye. Anyway from TV i saw they are not 100% the same and normal. Look how they talk, how they move, they, like girls, work on their image too much.

TV and hear say, thats not sources of information.
Homosexuals look like us, talk like us, ask like us. They are fat, thin, strong , week, effeminate, masculine. They come in all shapes, sizes and personality's and are indistinguishable from heterosexuals. There is no way of telling if a person is gay or not, there is no "gaydar". The only difference is there sexual preference, that it. That is the only difference. They are just as likely to look and act like the opposite sex than strait people are.

Me wrote:
Quote:
Many people have strong mind. Homosexuals as i noticed are mainly soft and weak.

Quote:
I dont know any homos

Need I say anything here?

hyhy wrote:
And yes u need say anything here.

No I don't.

hyhy wrote:
No its not.

Yes they are.
saying "theres male and female and sex should be between male and females and if two men have sex its wrong cause it was never min for to men to have sex." is similar to "theres black and there white and black should be with black and white should be which white an black was never meant to mix with white and if black mixes with white its wrong."

Quote:
I exactly did. I imagined myself in a homosexual family.

You never read my first post in this topic.
People who have problem with homosexuals general are insecure in there own sexuality and that is the source of there distrust, discomfit and or hatred of homosexuals. That insecurity dose not mean that there gay but the insecurity can be gotten rid of by abandoning the idea that homosexuality is wrong and examining one self and asking the question "could I be gay?"

Quote:
Read what i wrote exactly. Do you really think kid raised in homosexual family will be the same as raised in heterosexual family? Hell no. Kids under 10 years are evil, laugh from everything and im sure they would laugh from kid from homosexual family. This will put big pressure on that kid. So the enviroment will afect that kid, there are also other factors which can badly affect such kids. Do you really want to experience on poor kids without parents?

First of all, children are not generally evil.
Secondly, its not the children, its the society, parents and teachers.
Thirdly, if every one believed what you believe the schools in the southern US would still be segregated because "The pore black children would be picked on horribley in the formerly white schools". But they didn't think like you and they went to that formerly whites only school and laid foundation of racist free America (which is still being built).
Gay adoption is not wrong and unless more of it is done it will never become acceptable and yes there will be children picked on but thats not the fault of the gay parents, its the fault of people like you who call homosexually sick and a disease. If people like you would stop preaching hatred and bigotry and start preaching tolerance and understanding no child would be picked on for have a gay or two gay parents.

Quote:
And when i were playing with chats some time ago, i didnt even have to search for homosexuals, they just started talking to me "hey how long you have", "hey how you look like", "hey do you prefer anal or oral". On chats sits mostly kids or people who are affraid on real-life intteraction, shy or so. Are you one of them?

And I wouldn't doubt that they were all 12 to 14 years old. Search for adult chat rooms (adult as in adult talking mot adult as in sex)
hyhy
The Conspirator wrote:
TV and hear say, thats not sources of information.


They are. Im not taliking about some heretics speaking about homosexuality. Im talking about programes where every1 can be invited so homosexuals, and then there's a discussion. I listen to them and disagree with them, and with that what u talking about.

The Conspirator wrote:
No I don't.


Yes you do. If so then you cant speak about politics, about presidents, about actors, because you personally don't know them? B/S man think a little. If you see like someone acting and what he says, you can made u mind about him.

The Conspirator wrote:
No its not.
Yes they are.
saying "theres male and female and sex should be between male and females and if two men have sex its wrong cause it was never min for to men to have sex." is similar to "theres black and there white and black should be with black and white should be which white an black was never meant to mix with white and if black mixes with white its wrong."


Not for me. And i was saying about reproduction or maybe about being able to reproduce not about sexual acts.

Quote:
You never read my first post in this topic.


True didn't notice. But it's fixed now.

Quote:
People who have problem with homosexuals general are insecure in there own sexuality and that is the source of there distrust, discomfit and or hatred of homosexuals. That insecurity dose not mean that there gay but the insecurity can be gotten rid of by abandoning the idea that homosexuality is wrong and examining one self and asking the question "could I be gay?"


Maybe. I don't have problem with homosexuals, if they want to do nasty things then they can in private. But i would like to comment ur first sentence in your first topic. You said they not hurting anyone. Well they want to adopt kids which might be hurting for them. I wouldn't like to be in gay family if i was reborn. I wouldn't like to be affected by the social, and community we have. And how can you know do kids would like to? They were born by male and female so should have mom and dad.

Quote:
First of all, children are not generally evil.
Secondly, its not the children, its the society, parents and teachers.
Thirdly, if every one believed what you believe the schools in the southern US would still be segregated because "The pore black children would be picked on horribley in the formerly white schools". But they didn't think like you and they went to that formerly whites only school and laid foundation of racist free America (which is still being built).
Gay adoption is not wrong and unless more of it is done it will never become acceptable and yes there will be children picked on but thats not the fault of the gay parents, its the fault of people like you who call homosexually sick and a disease. If people like you would stop preaching hatred and bigotry and start preaching tolerance and understanding no child would be picked on for have a gay or two gay parents.


About being evil that was metaphor. Kids don't understand some things and act immature.
Secondly true, but kids also are society.
Thirdly black are picked by white, there are wars, one religions are picked by others, there are religion wars. There will always be racism, religion wars, and homo-phobs. Yes that's bad and wrong but u barely can do anything about it. And that are the facts.
Yes i belive that homosexuality sits in your mind and is mental disorder (came from sexual growing disorder, losing father in childhood, and many more circumstances). Also it leads to spreading deseases like AIDS. That's my opinion, also WHO classified this as a disease till 1991 or smth. They change their mind from many aspects, involving homophobia and more. But i dont pick on them, i feel sorry for them. And i don't have nothing against them, unless they won't adopt kids. The same i belive is as when you pretend to be man and was born as a woman.

Quote:
And I wouldn't doubt that they were all 12 to 14 years old. Search for adult chat rooms (adult as in adult talking mot adult as in sex)


You never know who sits behind computer on other side, that's why chats sux. TV disscussions > chats. Everyone has to grow up.
The Conspirator
Quote:
They are. Im not taliking about some heretics speaking about homosexuality. Im talking about programes where every1 can be invited so homosexuals, and then there's a discussion. I listen to them and disagree with them, and with that what u talking about.

ITS TV! They edit things alter seens and hier only people they won;t for the shows. There is no reality ion TV and even less in reality TV.

Quote:
Not for me. And i was saying about reproduction or maybe about being able to reproduce not about sexual acts.

No one has sex to reproduce (except those who are trying to have children), its all about pleaser.

Quote:
You said they not hurting anyone. Well they want to adopt kids which might be hurting for them. I wouldn't like to be in gay family if i was reborn. I wouldn't like to be affected by the social, and community we have. And how can you know do kids would like to? They were born by male and female so should have mom and dad.

Thats not there foult, its people like you who spread bigtry and hatred all becouse of your own sexuel insecuritys.

Quote:
Yes i belive that homosexuality sits in your mind and is mental disorder (came from sexual growing disorder, losing father in childhood, and many more circumstances).

Homosexuals come from all walks of life, if it were all in there heads it would come only from certain conditions but it doesn't. They come from all walks of life. There are no single define condition they come from.

Quote:
Also it leads to spreading deseases like AIDS.

Wrong, AIDS is an STD any one who has sex can get it and if you have a certain type of sex you have a higher likely hood of getting it. It has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Quote:
That's my opinion, also WHO classified this as a disease till 1991 or smth.

Christens, who dominate everything in the US an Europe by there shear numbers. And what dose there bible say, homosexuality id shameful, sin and wrong.

Quote:
i feel sorry for them.

Why? There living a life style that makes them happy and they are doing no harm to any one. Its not the life style you would choose but you are not them. I hate having a yard, I hate having grass and plants, I hate the heat, I hate the humidity, I hate the work that comes with plants. But I don't feel sorry for those who like to guardian. I wouldn't choose to guardian but I'm not them.

Quote:
You never know who sits behind computer on other side, that's why chats sux. TV disscussions > chats. Everyone has to grow up.

You can tell, if the just contact and try to strike up a conversation you and don't know you, that pints to a younger ages and if they use allot of short hand and acronyms then there like 13, 14 years old. If not there a pedophile tying to find a 13 or 14 year old.
You can tell the chat rooms that have more mature people in them by the level of conversation.
The Conspirator
Before we continue this discution I think we should do a little reading on the subject.
Homosexuality Wikipedea,org, Biology and sexual orientation, Homosexual behavior in animals*, List of animals displaying homosexual behavior
* I don't think animal homosexuality in zoos counts cause that may be more like, "prison gay" than actual homosexuality.
Note: I used Wikipedea and not a google search cause a google search is not reliable and will give allot of site use unsubstituted information.
Note 2: I once say this show on PBS about this about this group of Chimps that was very sexually open, they had sex in different position, different types of sex and even sex with young chimps. I watched it for 2 minutes than changed it cause it showed a Chimpanzy thersome.
hyhy
The Conspirator wrote:
Before we continue this discution I think we should do a little reading on the subject.
Homosexuality Wikipedea,org, Biology and sexual orientation, Homosexual behavior in animals*, List of animals displaying homosexual behavior
* I don't think animal homosexuality in zoos counts cause that may be more like, "prison gay" than actual homosexuality.
Note: I used Wikipedea and not a google search cause a google search is not reliable and will give allot of site use unsubstituted information.
Note 2: I once say this show on PBS about this about this group of Chimps that was very sexually open, they had sex in different position, different types of sex and even sex with young chimps. I watched it for 2 minutes than changed it cause it showed a Chimpanzy thersome.


Ok i'll read some.

*About chimps i read (this connect with some others animals) that homosexual acts beetween males are not exacly sex acts itselfes, but chimps want to show that they dominate under others in that way. Damn your freak to watch those shows Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
The Conspirator
I found an article about those chimps on Wikiopedea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo
Its a species of Chimp no a grupe.
Tt begs the question "How did they evolv to do that"
ninjakannon
The Conspirator wrote:
I found an article about those chimps on Wikiopedea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo
Its a species of Chimp no a grupe.
Tt begs the question "How did they evolv to do that"

Interesting... I was going to say "slightly odd". But there's not anything that is actually odd about it.
asforoneday
I have nothing against them. I'm not so sure they like to be called "gays" though..
CrimsonStrange
Found another news story that pertains to this discussion...

It appears that the Pentagon classifies homosexuality as a "mental disorder". Eh?

Source: Yahoo News

Quote:
The Center for the Study of Sexual Minorities in the Military, at the University of California at Santa Barbara, uncovered the document and pointed to it as further proof that the military deserves failing grades for its treatment of gays.

Nathaniel Frank, senior research fellow at the center, said, "The policy reflects the department's continued misunderstanding of homosexuality and makes it more difficult for gays and lesbians to access mental health services."

The document, called a Defense Department Instruction, was condemned by medical professionals, members of Congress and other experts, including the American Psychiatric Association.

"It is disappointing that certain Department of Defense instructions include homosexuality as a 'mental disorder' more than 30 years after the mental health community recognized that such a classification was a mistake," said Rep. Marty Meehan, D-Mass.



(note the sarcasm here, folks) If that's true, and if those definitions and standards are upheld by state & local agencies who consider anything the gov't says as 100% true and accurate, then I should be able to qualify for some financial and medical assistance: Medicaid, food stamps, disability, etc.
After all... I've got an incurable mental problem. LoL Rolling Eyes
hunnyhiteshseth
Yes

I do not think people should be discriminated just for there sexual preferences.
the_mariska
This article about bonobo sounded really interesting. I suggest making a topic about them and their sexual behaviour in the Science section Wink

[-A few words about people I know. -]

I have a quite good friend that about a year ago suddenly 'discovered' that she is Bi. Until then, she had been in a really wonderful relationship (for more than 2,5 years) and everybody around considered them as a perfect couple, they were even going to marry soon. However, he was abroad, she betrayed him with someone else, they broke up etc, etc, many couples end that way. But since then she had never found true love again. She had been with so many guys [and sometimes girls] that I couldn't remember the names of most of them, she had occasional sex with many occasional people, and finally this ruined her life. I heard that on a party a few days ago she had almost sex with another girl from our ex-school. [I don't have the clue how do girls do that Razz]. And her only reaction after this was saying about the other "I didn't know that she's such a bitch". I can see she's really unhappy with this all and I wish I could help her somehow.. But how..?

---

Yesterday I've also heard that my mum's friend's husband.. escaped with another guy. Well not exactly escaped, because he still lives in their house, but has another 'live partner'. He destroyed his family, changed completely, started being horribly rude and nasty and has a really bad influence on their 14 yo son. His only explanation is "I have the right to happiness!". Would you still say that homosexualism does not hurt anyone?
wumingsden
the_mariska wrote:
This article about bonobo sounded really interesting. I suggest making a topic about them and their sexual behaviour in the Science section Wink

[-A few words about people I know. -]

I have a quite good friend that about a year ago suddenly 'discovered' that she is Bi. Until then, she had been in a really wonderful relationship (for more than 2,5 years) and everybody around considered them as a perfect couple, they were even going to marry soon. However, he was abroad, she betrayed him with someone else, they broke up etc, etc, many couples end that way. But since then she had never found true love again. She had been with so many guys [and sometimes girls] that I couldn't remember the names of most of them, she had occasional sex with many occasional people, and finally this ruined her life. I heard that on a party a few days ago she had almost sex with another girl from our ex-school. [I don't have the clue how do girls do that Razz]. And her only reaction after this was saying about the other "I didn't know that she's such a bitch". I can see she's really unhappy with this all and I wish I could help her somehow.. But how..?

---

Yesterday I've also heard that my mum's friend's husband.. escaped with another guy. Well not exactly escaped, because he still lives in their house, but has another 'live partner'. He destroyed his family, changed completely, started being horribly rude and nasty and has a really bad influence on their 14 yo son. His only explanation is "I have the right to happiness!". Would you still say that homosexualism does not hurt anyone?



This has absoutely nothing to do with being a homosexual. Its about being immoral. Heterosexual people unfortunately do the same thing, it is not defined by one's sexuality. For this reason homosexuality does not specifically hurt anyone. If you were of course going to do the same thing as the husband mentioned above then of course it will hurt people but he could of done just the same thing with a woman. For this reason homosexuality does not hurt anyone and I believe it is one's own choice.
The Conspirator
the_mariska wrote:
I have a quite good friend that about a year ago suddenly 'discovered' that she is Bi. Until then, she had been in a really wonderful relationship (for more than 2,5 years) and everybody around considered them as a perfect couple, they were even going to marry soon. However, he was abroad, she betrayed him with someone else, they broke up etc, etc, many couples end that way. But since then she had never found true love again. She had been with so many guys [and sometimes girls] that I couldn't remember the names of most of them, she had occasional sex with many occasional people, and finally this ruined her life. I heard that on a party a few days ago she had almost sex with another girl from our ex-school. [I don't have the clue how do girls do that Razz]. And her only reaction after this was saying about the other "I didn't know that she's such a bitch". I can see she's really unhappy with this all and I wish I could help her somehow.. But how..?

---

Yesterday I've also heard that my mum's friend's husband.. escaped with another guy. Well not exactly escaped, because he still lives in their house, but has another 'live partner'. He destroyed his family, changed completely, started being horribly rude and nasty and has a really bad influence on their 14 yo son. His only explanation is "I have the right to happiness!". Would you still say that homosexualism does not hurt anyone?

None of what they did has anything has anything to do with homosexuality (well it dose but but not in the way you implied it), heterosexuals are just as likely to do those same things. Sexual orientation dose not make a person any more promiscuous or likely to cheat than heterosexuality.
ninjakannon
asforoneday wrote:
I have nothing against them. I'm not so sure they like to be called "gays" though..

I can ask one for you if you want... "Do you like being called a gay? And do you mind being in the group of people tipicaly known as 'gays'"?

That would be interesting Smile
ninjakannon
ninjakannon wrote:
asforoneday wrote:
I have nothing against them. I'm not so sure they like to be called "gays" though..

I can ask one for you if you want... "Do you like being called a gay? And do you mind being in the group of people tipicaly known as 'gays'"?

That would be interesting Smile

I have just asked the guy in question (via msn), here is his response:

I dont mind...
Nope

I think that says it all.
Shike
hyhy wrote:
That are hard questions and they are connected with meaning of life, and other. Anyway humans have 2 genders, and its because we are hetero and can't reproduce other way. Or we are hetero because we have 2 genders. Hard to say. If homo would be natural then there would be only one gender, like in some animals. Also look other animals (we are still animals) i can't see any gay animals, if theres another gender in that family. Why driving car isn't unnatural? How you define unnaturality?


I don't know if anyone has stated this, but one of the closest animals to humans (genetically) has bi-sexual tendencies.
wumingsden
asforoneday wrote:
I have nothing against them. I'm not so sure they like to be called "gays" though..


I am what people call "bi-sexual". I however dislike labels to a certain extent but realise that its in no way a derogatory term. For this reason I don't take offence to it. The people that know me however know that I hate all labels.
Linda_B
This makes my toenails cringe....! Why are you seperating homosexual people into a category on which you can just stick a general label?! Haven't we learnt that generalizations bring us nowhere? Germans are NOT all nazis and not all Frenchman eat froglegs.
How can you ask whether someone likes "gays" or not? Do you know every single one so that you can make that general judgement? Just because a person has a different sexual preference to yourself, why do you have to judge his entire person? It's up to everyone for themselves to decide whether they like a person or not, but give him or her a chance to show their personality before binning them for not being like yourself.

Does this debate not remind anyone of the ones had about different peoples color? It's the exact same thing. It's just a different kind of racism with the same segregation as a result. Feeling "strange" around someone isn't the same as having a strong sentiment of hate, but there were many people in the 60s that felt "strange" around black people and that is in no way better.

I guess live and let live will never be the theme of this world... we are to nosy to keep out of other peoples business.
french-virus
I have no problems with gay. Most of them are very friendly. I think that people who thinks that gay are "differents" don't realy know them. Another kind of discrimination Crying or Very sad
The Conspirator
Linda_B wrote:
This makes my toenails cringe....! Why are you seperating homosexual people into a category on which you can just stick a general label?! Haven't we learnt that generalizations bring us nowhere? Germans are NOT all nazis and not all Frenchman eat froglegs.
How can you ask whether someone likes "gays" or not? Do you know every single one so that you can make that general judgement? Just because a person has a different sexual preference to yourself, why do you have to judge his entire person? It's up to everyone for themselves to decide whether they like a person or not, but give him or her a chance to show their personality before binning them for not being like yourself.

Does this debate not remind anyone of the ones had about different peoples color? It's the exact same thing. It's just a different kind of racism with the same segregation as a result. Feeling "strange" around someone isn't the same as having a strong sentiment of hate, but there were many people in the 60s that felt "strange" around black people and that is in no way better.

I guess live and let live will never be the theme of this world... we are to nosy to keep out of other peoples business.


I wish more people were like you.
I dose remind me of the debates the 60's. people saying that homosexuals act a certain way, look a certain way all trying to justify there homophobia to them selves and others. people judging people based not on them as a whole but on one thing. Its so very stupid.

It all comes from one place, the bible, it says its a sin and from there on people start demonising it. All because of a stupid book.


Has any one else noticed that since I pointed out that says animals can be gay too that this thread has all but died.
uslhoops
I do not have problems with gay people. I also have friends that are gays but you know what some of the gay people are the one who became succesful because they do not want to be critisized as whether they are gays. Im in with gays unless that they dont have sexual relationship with the same.
wumingsden
uslhoops wrote:
Im in with gays unless that they dont have sexual relationship with the same.


Sorry, I didn't quite understand this sentence compared to the rest of the post. It seems that you don't have a problem with gay people if they don't have a relationship with someone of the same sex Confused Er .... thats what's being gay is all about. Or did I misread your post ?
Sabrina
Hi there. I'm comfortable with homosexuals around me, as long as they respect me just like anyone else would. I think homosexuality is only an individual preference and should therefore be accepted in the society. I do however understand people who do not accept homosexuals. They worry about the future generation; about our children, and what will come after. I like to respect everyone's opinion in this matter because just because I accept this 'preference' it doesn't mean everyone has to as well.Cool

Except I'm straight and whenever I go out to pubs or discos just to have a good time with my friends, I get appraoched by both men and women. I tell the ladies kindly, that I'm not interested but they can be pretty persistent and it does get me angry (but I keep it inside). So anyway, I don't mind anyone's 'preference' but it's not fair to go out and harass people like that. Embarassed
girlcalledjay
Why do you have to 'accept' gay people? They are just people...just like you and just like me.

Some you will like and others you won't. Just like every other person in the world.

Not every gay person you meet will want to jump you just because you are male and they like guys...control your ego!

If you have to talk about accepting gay people, perhaps you should consider if you will accept people with blue eyes. Or people with big feet. What about people who limp?

Don't think about your teacher, or anyone else for that matter, as being a gay person. Drop the gay and just think person. Then decide if you like that person.

This topic makes me sad.
Obake
I’m half tempted to create a ‘Heteros—do you accept them?’ topic, just so that everyone else can get a sense of the puzzlement and sheer weirdness I feel when a topic like this crops up anywhere online. Which it does, with surprising regularity. Le sigh.

Still, Mr Smith, you’ve got me interested enough to reply, so where does that leave me?

Writing a reply. Ayup.

I accept queer people for one simple and excellent reason: I am one. But I believe that, were I het, my stance wouldn’t change. It’s a non-issue. My puzzlement comes from the fact that so many people feel the need to make it an issue, queer and heterosexual alike.

Still, writing the reply. Huh. Perhaps it’s more accurate to say that I want to see the world get to a point where it can, truthfully, be called a non-issue—a point where I don’t even need to make that statement, because it’s a given. Accepting people’s sexual identities remains an issue for me because it is still an issue for people around me.

I want to draw attention to the way I formulated my statement. I accept queer people. There’s politics in them words. They start with the bit where I’m uncomfortable about using the word ‘gay’, for a bunch of reasons I’ll go into if asked, but it’s not really necessary in this post. I do use the word, because it’s expedient: quick to say and easy for most people to comprehend. Lucky for me, I’m a woman, and so have the extra option of ‘lesbian’. Mm, Greek islands and poetesses.

The politics come to a middle with my preference for the word queer, which is, 1) a reclaimed term, which makes it powerful and shiny; and, 2) inclusive: it doesn’t refer specifically to male or female homosexuality—it doesn’t even refer specifically to homosexuality. All ‘queer’ means, in the sense I’m using it (the same sense as used when talking about ‘queer studies’), is a form of sexuality that does not conform to traditional, normative ideas of heterosexuality. This means that certain ways of doing heterosexuality are included in the concept of queerness. When I say 'I accept queer people', I mean that I accept a whole plethora of sexual identities and orientations and ways of doing sexuality or being sexual.

The politics come to an end with the fact that I used the word as an adjective. I am (sigh) gay, I am lesbian, I am queer—but I am not a gay, a lesbian, a queer. Reason? My sexuality does not define me. It’s not a matter of pride or shame. In so far as I think about my sexuality, I think of it in about the same way I think of my nose. I personally think it suits me, and it’s an important part of me, something I would not be complete without—but it is still only one part of me, and nowhere near as important as the whole. I am not a nose, either.

The point, basically—and it’s already been said, by others in the forum before me—is why are we still having this conversation? Not just in this forum, but across the Internet. Across the world. Over and over again. For decades, now.

My sexuality—the sexuality of millions of people in the world, and billions back through time, and billions more to come—should not be up for debate, any more than there should be a question of accepting heterosexuality. I thought we’d passed that point ages back. I’m waiting for the day when we finally do. When it comes, I will kiss my girlfriend until we’re both dizzy, and not care who sees or what they think or what they might do, because we don’t have to any more. That’s how it should be.
Sappho
Obake wrote:
My sexuality—the sexuality of millions of people in the world, and billions back through time, and billions more to come—should not be up for debate, any more than there should be a question of accepting heterosexuality. I thought we’d passed that point ages back.


Actually nope society didn't past that point yet not even saying ages back. Excellent example are the movies, i mean what the hell even those considered pro lesbian/gay still have this whole issue that its something society has problem with, i cant blame em thou, couse they just reflect how it really is but here is the magic circle with this approach its never goin to change. :/

Obake wrote:
I’m waiting for the day when we finally do. When it comes, I will kiss my girlfriend until we’re both dizzy, and not care who sees or what they think or what they might do, because we don’t have to any more. That’s how it should be.


You should act like that even now, screw the others and their close minds. I know in some cultures/societies its even bigger problem, but living in disguise and hide is the worst thing one can do. Good luck.
bigdan
I've got no issues with homosexual people. If they prefer people of their own gender, then good on them. Very Happy That's their choice, and I respect that choice.
Subsonic Sound
Quote:
So, the only purpose of humans is to reproduce? That's a very dim view of the world. If that were the case why not allow sex with anyone who is sexually able (ie >16)?


Most countries do. Smile
imera
Those that hate gay people are racist, no better than hating black people.
They hate people because of something they are or what they are doing. And about there being a cure against homo, it is just stupid to think of it as an illness.

My mother never told me about being gay, I’m not sure when I found out. But I have never thought of it as something disturbing. I have never hated people for how they are, their skin color or anything. I hate people for hating others with no reason and people that is false (meaning that they try to be something else).
Subsonic Sound
Quote:
Those that hate gay people are racist, no better than hating black people.


It's not quite racism, as gay people are not a race. But you're right, it is unthinking discrimination still.
CreepingD
can't answer yes or no, because there are 2 questions
I want to accept them, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I still don't feel confortable around them Confused
cybernie
Why shouldn't we accept them? They're persons like us. They act, think, react, feel the way we do. They may behave in manners different from ours but that doesn't mean they're different from us. They're also humans. Maybe we just have to accept and respect our individual differences.

These persons need not be ridiculed, stoned and treated like eye sores. Sometimes these persons act, think better than the persons we call "normal". Here in my country, many gays have been successful in the field they chose to be in - entertainment industry, business, career and even lovelife. They even beat the "normal" ones in terms of achievements. Shouldn't we accept them?

I have friends who belong on the "third sex"... I have heard their sentiments regarding the way other people think about them. Sometimes these persons talk sensibly than the normal ones. I feel more comfortable talking with them sometimes.

Acceptance is the key to better understanding and oneness. Let's accept those who behave differently from us. Let's treat them the way we wanna be treated.
m00tmuffin
Of course I accept them...they aren't aliens and are exactly like most of us in all the ways that make humans human, save for one thing--having a different taste in what they like sexually. And in all honestly, that shouldn't even concern anyone else but whoever decides they like that in the first place, because it doesn't have anything to do with anyone else. Razz
filip
Yes of corse I accept them,They like their gender and thats ok with me.I can talk to them but Im uncomfortable around them. Sad
Soulfire
I don't accept their thoughts or decisions regarding sexuality - no, but I am not mean or have hatred toward them either. I can talk to them just as I would a heterosexual.

I do have a problem with people who say "Oh, if you don't like me because I am gay then you are ignorant and hate gays and should die."

My thoughts are quite liberal for as Christian as I am.
Sappho
Soulfire wrote:
I do have a problem with people who say "Oh, if you don't like me because I am gay then you are ignorant and hate gays and should die."


And i have a problem with ppl that say "Oh if you dont believe in god and you are going to live like that then you despise god and you are goin to hell." Smile

Seems there are ****** on both sides, not that it will change in near future anyway, or in any future there is. Not that i would like to go to the heaven if its full of these ignorants anyway, i will rather enjoy hell with people i know Wink
Obake
Sappho:

Thanks for your reply. I’m living in Australia at the moment—actually one of the better places in the world to be queer—where I get to see this topic stirred up and settled down and stirred up and settled down over, and over, and—let’s try it one more time—over again. Most recently it’s been over the issue of same-sex marriage, which again, shouldn’t be as much of an issue as it is made to be. But I won’t go too deeply into that here, since there are separate forums set aside for that debate.

According to this poll alone, 80% of people (if we can assume 46 Frihosters is a representative sample of…anything :p) accept homosexuality. Possibly a little more than that, given the two who voted for the thread to be removed; possibly a little less, given that there have been a couple of people who hold the ‘I accept but disapprove’ stance. Actually, guys, that’s a rather different thing to acceptance: it’s tolerance.

Either way, given the apparently large proportion of the population who do accept homosexuality, it’s difficult to understand why this conversation keeps being brought up, and why it remains so heated.

With regard to the movies: I know what you mean about their tendency to portray homosexuality as something that’s still a problem for people to deal with, and to an extent that’s right and true. The number of them that do this, though, is really quite crippling, and that’s not the reality I see around me. It’s also not necessarily a movie’s job to simply reflect reality; if it were, we’d have decidedly less in the way of romance, action, horror, sci-fi, fantasy, westerns…uh…we’d have a lot less movies. Movies are meant to be speculative, exaggerated, entertaining as well. D. E. B. S. is a lot of tacky fun and largely bypasses the homosexuality-is-problematic device, if you have a chance to see it. And really, if the device needs to be used, I’d so much prefer the bravery of Valerie in V for Vendetta, where her story is only an incident in the lives of the main protagonists, than the cowering internalised homophobia of Ennis in Brokeback Mountain writ large on the screen for the entire movie.

(Anyone up for a thread discussing the portrayal of queers in film?)

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘the magic circle approach’, and perhaps I didn’t articulate my own meaning clearly enough. My approach is not, ‘I don’t want to hear about this anymore, maybe it’ll just go away if I pretend it’s not an issue’, although it may have sounded that way. My approach is that it’s as important to live your values as it is to have them in the first place. I don’t understand why homosexuality is still an issue, and I do my best not to let it be an issue in my own life—I live my life as far as possible in the way I want to live it. I actually do take my girlfriend out and kiss her dizzy when I have the opportunity.

But that doesn’t mean that I’m not aware of it being an issue for other people—queer and hetero alike, as I said in the last post—and, as I said in the last post, that means it is still an issue for me. At the moment, I can take my girlfriend out and kiss her, but I can still be fairly certain that someone, probably male, is going to wind up staring at us. And I can be fairly uncertain about whether the staring means that they think we’re cute, or that we turn them on, or that it makes them uncomfortable, or that they think we’re evil/sick/perverted. And if it’s that last one, I can be even less certain of whether they’re going to be content just to stare, or whether it might translate into something verbal or even violent if they’re given the chance.

There is a big, big difference between being out with my girlfriend and determinedly, defiantly not worrying about what other people think, and being out with my girlfriend and not having to worry. That’s what I’m waiting for: the day this is not an issue anymore, the day we no longer have to worry.

As a side note, in a circumstance where being queer means there’s a good chance of abuse or persecution, I see no problem at all with hiding and disguising it, even given the emotional and psychological problems that come with that. Not everyone has the courage to deliberately put themselves in the way of harm for the sake of a statement, and not everyone should be called upon to do so.
LostOverThere
Bosleee wrote:
i will probably have some bad comments bout this comment but i dont like them i disagree with the whole gay thing.

i can talk to them but i dont talk to them like i would anyone else i feel really uncomfortable round them dont know why i just do i suppose its the way i was brought up

Its called Homophobia, Mate. Wink

But anyway, the only people who I have known to be Anti-Gay, 1 out of the 2 turned out to be gay anyway. Laughing
But as the world moves to a more accepting manor, in 20years I'm sure most people will feel fine around Gays.


But yeah, people who aren't accepting of gays are really very immature little popular kids.
bongoman
this is a tough one for allot of people, personally I tolerate gay people. I may not agree with the idea personally but I don't see how that should affect how I interact with them as a person. People should be free to do whatever they want. I actually have a few gay friends, their sexual orientation doesn't change at all who they are as people.

-- Edit --

I hope my position is not misinterpreted anyways since the locked then unlocked topic seemed to appear after my post, but if I gave off the impression that I was hostile I am not, I just felt that needed to be clarified just in case.
wumingsden
-locked- until further notice.

reopened following a staff discussion
creezalird
I think a gay issue is some kind of natural system disorder.
Let think carefully.Why in this world almost all living things are made up of only two types of genders,male and female.This because we were all created in couples..It is like a key to make something imperfect to become perfect when we were together naturally.
And sorry to say that I'm totally oppose the people who have the thought to be a gay or something like that.But I'm not saying that I hate them.It just I don't really agree with that kind of relationship.Thats all
wumingsden
creezalird wrote:
I think a gay issue is some kind of natural system disorder.
Let think carefully.Why in this world almost all living things are made up of only two types of genders,male and female.This because we were all created in couples..It is like a key to make something imperfect to become perfect when we were together naturally.
And sorry to say that I'm totally oppose the people who have the thought to be a gay or something like that.But I'm not saying that I hate them.It just I don't really agree with that kind of relationship.Thats all


Your very hypercritical in your explanation. You say, and I quote, we were all created in couples but earlier you state almost all living things.
Your explanation does however consider the fact that it is natural, and that is what it has to be as it has been observed in more than 500 species. Being gay myself, I obviously completely disregard your opinion that it's a system disorder ..... I have already too much wrong with me

I could easily say that being straight is a natural system disorder. Sure, it's not in the majority, but why would that matter if it's natural anyway?

On a slightly off-topic point, I believe everyone has a slight bit of gay in them. I find it hard to believe that a person cannot have the possibility of liking someone of the same sex, isn't it the same as not liking yourself?

A little story, if I may ..... A few weeks ago I met an old friend. I told him that I was gay, and whether he had a problem with it. He said he didn't. He said that he thought he was gay, tried it out a few times, but realised it wasn't for him ....

Now, I have differencing opinions on this. I don't think being gay is a choice, yet he has decided not to be gay. I also don't think that having anal sex means your guy (especially seen as hetro couples do it). I think the majority lies in the feelings that the person has, but like proved with my old friend, it does't always work out like this. Whether he was just curious the first time round, and liked it so much he did so the second time, I don't know. What I do know though is that being gay is part of everyday society for millions and millions of people from all cultures, and for that reason I don't see anything wrong with it.
James007
General notice:

Whether you are in favour or against, try to express yourself without using rude terms. We will be watching this topic and we will give you a warning if you start flaming or insulting. (Also in a subtle way.)

Edit:

And I will remove posts which don't contain an explanation for your opinion.
tiboo211
I don't understand people when they say that being gay is a illness Shocked For me, I must admit that I was curious to know them and see how they are different, because it is said that they are different. But finally, when I knew a friend of mine was gay, he didn't seem to be more different. Gay people are people first and we don't have to judge them because of their sexual choice. Maybe it's easier to people to judge like that but as soon as they have a personal friend included, perhaps they will be more open-minded.
bluefossil
Mr Smith, are you gay? It's ok, we accept you
jay84h
Gays are people too. I have nothing against them at all, it's they're own decision who they choose to be attracted to. In fact, most cannot help being attracted to the same sex.
Heart Ticket
Mr Smith wrote:
So what are your thoughts about gays? I don't want to point fingers, but I am really interested to know...

My primary school teacher was a nice bloke, as I knew him since I was 4 years old. And just last year, I get told he is a gay, and now I feel uncomfortable around him...

I don't know, but when we get to accept them for who they are, I guess they are fine...

Whats your view on this matter?

VOTE PL0X



This topic isnt neccesary... who cares about sexuality??? just because someones gay doesnt mean there going to instantly check you out. I went through the phase of not knowing my sexuality, and i got insulted & laughed at because of it. I refuse to vote.

James
glabase
Some of my friends are gay and i'm totally cool with it - i don't tend to judge them or treat them any differently. Very Happy
spazbutt32
You can't change who someone is.

Isn't it, logically, a little bit of phobia if you've known someone for years and then you find out this minute, personal detail and you can't look at them in the same light anymore?

After all, they weren't any different before you knew. They haven't changed— just your perceptions of them have.

I am accepting, though. After all.. Cool
dule
they can do whatever they want, as long they do it away from me.
blue77
It's not a problem for me to have a gay friends. I accept them like the straight people. There is no significant diffrence in the way I talk and act with them. For gay man is ok, but I'm cautious with the lesbians.
bigdan
I've got no problems with gay and lesbian people. They're fine by me. Smile
wumingsden
blue77 wrote:
It's not a problem for me to have a gay friends. I accept them like the straight people. There is no significant diffrence in the way I talk and act with them. For gay man is ok, but I'm cautious with the lesbians.


Interesting. Are you female?
Simulator
I think its time the world just grew up and accepted gays... its just wrong not to. I'm not gay, though I have had gay experiences when my other half and I went exploring in the garden of Eden as we called it, she had hers too... it was a change but I'd still go for a woman over a man. Its nothing to be ashamed about or anything, gays, straights and bi's its all the same, I mean really, what difference does it make!
Karupoiss
I hope that the number of gays would increase. Well, more girls for me then. Very Happy Cool
psydevil
if they dont stalk me.
linangan
I don't even know why they should be singled out. Asking, "Are gay people okay?" is like asking "Are men okay?" or "Are women okay?" I don't see any differences between gay people and straight people when it comes to their humanity, so the question itself begs for criticism.

If people would learn to look beyond gender, religion, and nationality, it would put a stop to all the discrimination that's going on. Not liking gay people just because they're gay is being narrow-minded to the point of being oppressive -- it takes for granted the possibility that this homosexual person might actually be a real decent human being.
supjapscrapper
Being gay is not a sickness. I really think this way. Alcoholism is. Pedophilia is a sickness. a dangerous sickness. But this is not the topic, and I should avoid such dangerous associations.

But to answer the question, to me gay people are not bad people, they just are on the wrong path. I really can talk with them, even work with them, because I can make abstraction of the fact that they are gay, and concentrate on the other sides of their personality.

But don't ask me to feel comfortable around them. I generally avoid having them as friends, let alone close friends, and even avoid any excessive social contact with them. I think that what they do is wrong and when possible I talk about that with them. But they are often on the defensive and do not listen. It is their life after all, I prefer having a good tennis game.
BlockUp
Well, I know a few gay people, and I can honestly say I don't treat them any differently from my other straight friends. To be honest, I never accepted homosexuality to be right (in my opinion) but I would never change my behaviour toward someone just because of their sexuality.
XlaiR
Some gays can be really bad, but other gays is kinda kind. (lol) I know a guy who is gay and he is one of the best friends i ever had! Take that in mind!

~XlaiR
Tvis
I have nothing against them personally, everybody should make it's own decision. But please, don't act so weird. Like some gays act like they want the world to show they are 200% gay. That's a little bit exaggerating if you ask me. Like heterosexuals act that way...so...please act normal. Because there are people that are not so easy. And the provocation could cause a lot of harm. Lesbians however can be very hot...hehe...well, same way...try to act normally.
HollyK
I personally have no problems with glbt people. One of my best friends is bisexual and transgendered, and it's rather easy for me to forget that she doesn't get periods. XD
fbcompany
i accidently walked into a gay club last night. It wasnt obvious because there was the 10:1 guy:girl ratio like any other club. Prolly more chance of picking a girl up in a gay club though.

anyways something about outrageously gay guys makes me feel sick. The fact that most of them act like friggen animals, wanting to root anything that has 2 legs and willy.

yuck yuck yuck.
MrJe
I really don't feel uncomfortable about gay people. Many friends of mine are gay or lesbian.
I think many people who say their don't like gays are actually uncomfortable about themselves. Maybe they feel vulnerable on that field. Maybe they're not that sure about their own sexual identity.
I know this can seem a bit provocative, but I'm not sure about who has got to question himself.
Another reason people sometimes blame gays for being what they are is only that they repeat what they've heard... sometimes since they were children.
One friend of mine was like that.
Once, I came to his home with another friend of mine who is lesbian. He didn't know about it and I hadn't thought I would have to tell.
During the dinner we were sharing, conversation came about cinema and we happened to speak about Jodie Foster. "I've heard she's a dyke", my friend said. "That's disgusting!!!" I and my lesbian-friend felt very uneasy about that.
I told her afterwards not to pay attention about that.
Then I phoned my friend and told him about her and how he had been rude.
That happened several years ago and now, they are very close friends. My friend often invites her and her girlfriend for dinners. They sometimes laugh about how stupid he'd been that night.
So, before you make an opinion about someone, just try to know him or her, whatever his sexual identity is. If you are straight and sure about it, then what do you fear?
I'm straight and I have two daughters aged 6 and 3. They know, by seeing it around them, that a family is: a father, a mother and children. But they also know a woman can love another woman and a man can love another man. That's love, just love!
Why should they think gay or lesbian people are bad people???
cooney666
i dunno personally i dont mind them....as long as they dont act gay, or flaunt their gayness around me.....that just creeps me out....and dont hit on me.....cause ill probobly lose it on you
iNs@nE
I dont mind as long as they dont start acting gay with me.. Razz
urbanbuddha
Why is it that some people are more willing to support lesbians than gays?

In anycase, I fully support homosexuality. Don't try to use the reproduction crap on me because reproduction has already been so isolated from sex already with the advent of birth control.
sondosia
I'm totally ok with gays. I know a few, personally, but they're not friends of mine because I don't like them as people. Not because they're gay. I don't find homosexuality disgusting, even though I probably wouldn't want to walk in on it or anything.
jenice
It was taboo when I was growing up.

As for how I feel now, it's not for me. However, I don't choose for other people how they live. It's up to them. I don't have a problem with anyone who is, and in fact my best friend is a lesbian.

Long before I met her though I've always had a problem with legislation regarding the issue. It's a big thing around where I live. The church leaders in the area want to work it into the laws, but I just don't see why they should. I really don't. They want to do it based on their religious beliefs.

Yeah. Not really an issue I enjoy talking about either. It's just one of those topics thats bound to make somebody upset.
MotU2510
I have absolutely no problem with any LGBT people. I'm probably biased, being bi-sexual myself, but who cares.

Being homosexual is, in my opinion, no different from having blue eyes, or a big nose, or pointy ears.
karysky
I accept gays.

In fact, I enjoy their company. They are normal people like everyone else, they have got the same hobbies. Who they have sex with is none of my business. And I think that two men holding hands is very sweet and cute.

I have a gay friend that I love very much, and we get along just fine! I just don't get to see him often nowadays though!

As for lesbians, there's something I really don't like. There seems to have a fashion lately, of girls trying to be lesbians, you know? As if it was a cool thing to be lesbian, so I know a couple of girls who go out with a girl to be cool. I hate this. It infuriates me.

But I have nothing against real lesbians.
molif
as long they lay their hands off me and stop nibbling my ears..
Keran
I myself dislike homosexuals a lot. I never did like'em and never will like'em. Especially those effeminate ones. Seriously, I get creeps when i'm near one.

I'm scared of them, don't want them near me, I won't get in their way, so I expect the same from them.
Some people say: "even one of your friends can be gay and you don't know it, yet you still like him". If one of my friends is indeed gay then he is hiding it very well, if I knew that he is gay I would simply stop being his friend. I know it sounds rude but that's exactly what I would do.
Azmo
kinda depens on how the person are.. but a very feminin gay gives me chills.. otherwise it's cool
Related topics
Please anyone recommend some free host adult content accept
Elton and partner 'tie the knot'
Adsense don't accept my name
Conservative Christian Dictionary.
A secure way to accept online payments
tweaking wordpress
Could I accept after I accepted a offer before?
how to accept array variable from a form in Perl
anti-gay rights mayor is gay?
I want to get married to my 8 yr old daughter....
Gay Marriage
Gay Marriage
Human Freedom = Accept Responsibility.
Database won't accept this query. SQL syntax wrong?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.