FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Warning - watch your batteries

mathiaus
hmmmm something else going wrong for me. Woke up this moring mouse not working. Usuallly the batteries have just run out. So i opened it up to change them to find a thingk oliy liquid inside. Seems the heat was too much for them and they leaked. Anyway I've cleaned it up as best I can however 2 springy things jumped out. My old mouse had one of these so it hasn't hard working out where it went however never seen anything like the second one Rolling Eyes
And every so often it just stops working, the cursor scrolls to the top right of the screen then disappears. Good excuse to buy a new rechargeable one, but untill then I'm going to be annoyed Mad
psycosquirrel
That stinks. Try getting a nice mouse with built-in batteries. I think Logitech makes some for under $50.

Personally, I dislike wireless mice for the same reason yours failed. In the past, I have had batteries leak or found wireless mice in dumpsters with nothing wrong, other than a bad battery. Because of this, I use a wired mouse. Wired mice are also lighter and easier on the wrist for faster gaming.
xorcist
What type of mouse do you have I have GE it never gave me any problems... Mabye its the batteries that you put in before becuase my mouse never evens get hot like that to melt the batteries.
Xeniczone
All I learned from this is Anything wireless sucks. Lets face it.

Wireless internet: Slow, lose signal, interferance, warping in games
Wireless mice/keyboards: requires batterys, interferance
Wireless phones: Requires batterys, losing them all the damn time
Wireless game controllors: Signal loss, Interferance, Connecting to other game systems.

This is all refering too the old wireless system. Bluetooth doesn't have most of these issues.
alkady
Xeniczone wrote:
All I learned from this is Anything wireless sucks. Lets face it.

Wireless internet: Slow, lose signal, interferance, warping in games
Wireless mice/keyboards: requires batterys, interferance
Wireless phones: Requires batterys, losing them all the damn time
Wireless game controllors: Signal loss, Interferance, Connecting to other game systems.

This is all refering too the old wireless system. Bluetooth doesn't have most of these issues.

Wireless internet really shouldnt be available to unskilled computer users, In my area there are a few Wireless Internet Routers and I can easily get access to it since its unprotected.

I have a Wireless Mouse which sucks because I always have to push this button on the receiver to reactivate it because the mouse always keep stopping.

Wireless phone. Obviously its easy to lose, But more of them have a search button (If your not referring to Cell Phones). I lose mines all the time in my pile of paper piled on my desk.

Never had a wireless game controller, but it must suck.

And for the leaking battery, Well never had that problem with my mouse yet, But it happened on the DVD Remote, The mercury was very cold and sticky. Had to clean up the freaking remote because of the stains it leaves.