FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The unforgiven- METALLICA

mars
New blood joins this earth.
And quikly he's subdued.
Through constant pain disgrace.
The young boy learns their rules.
With time the child draws in.
This whipping boy done wrong.
Deprived of all his thoughts.
What I've felt !
What I've known !
Never shined through in what I've shown !
Never be !
Never see !
Won't see what might have been !
The young man struggles on & on he's known.
What I've felt !
What I've known !
Never free !
Never me !
So I dub the unforgiven !
They dedicate their lives.
To running all of his.
He tries 2 please them all.
This bitter man he is.
Throughout his life the same.
He's battled constantly.
This fight he cannot win.
A tired man they see no longer cares.
The old man then prepares.
To die regretfully.
That old man here is me.
A vow unto his own.
What I've felt !
What I've known !
Never be !
Never see !
That never from this day.
What I've felt !
What I've known !
Never free !
Never me !
His will they'll take away.
What I've felt !
What I've known !
Never be !
Never see !

What I've felt !
Never free !
Never me !
What I've known !
Never free !
Never me !
U labeled me !
I'll label U !
Never free !
Never me !

U labeled me !
I'll label U !
SharpSnip
My favourite song
goddessofdeath666
It seems to me like there are a lot of Metallica fans in this forum, it's great! The Unforgiven is also, one of my favorite songs, and on one of my favorite albums! Good taste.
Ressurrector
Good song......its just too bad there aren't good metallica songs like this made anymore Crying or Very sad
Helios
Yea nice song, one of my favs.

I saw the clip.

I like The Unforgiven II more though..
TeNTeN
I prefer unfrogiven II Rolling Eyes
Healckles
TeNTeN wrote:
I prefer unfrogiven II Rolling Eyes

Me too hehe

But The Unforgiven is a big hit of Metallica. Definitely a Classic, When you Listen about "Metallica" you remmember of this song yet of all
jcvincent
Great song! I'm practicing its bass line. I think Metallica should make songs like this these days. I feel that Metallica changed their music style these past few years. Metallica is one of the many metal bands that I like. I like the former line up with Jason on bass.
sumangurung
I love this song andi must say i like it better then unforgiven ii. Metallica rocks and like everyone says they were better in the past.
I like their rhytm pattern and their absolutely beautiful lyrics. It depicts the the life so much.
elund0197
I never didn't like Metallica I did perfer the Black album overall but there all great. I am waiting for another album to come out so I can keep enjoying
CtrlAltDeleteDie
I'm sorry, but The Unforgiven or even the Black Album is not a classic. Sure, it's good, but it can't even touch Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning. The Black Album is the first step Metallica took towards sucking. Do you self a favor and go out and but Master of Puppets. It's by far the best album of theirs.
coozy
my favorite song but i prefer unforgiven II. Very Happy
quicksilver00x
a real good song.. one of my favourites...
cheeko
i agree master of puppetts and ride the lightining are way better even justice for all black album is good but doesnt hold a candle stick to any of the others
soldeinvierno
CtrlAltDeleteDie wrote:
I'm sorry, but The Unforgiven or even the Black Album is not a classic. Sure, it's good, but it can't even touch Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning. The Black Album is the first step Metallica took towards sucking. Do you self a favor and go out and but Master of Puppets. It's by far the best album of theirs.

That's very very true. I don't expect Metallica to make a good album again
althalus
I would suggest ...And Justice For All over Master of Puppets, since it's a way more complex album. But I agree, the older stuff is way better than what came with Black Album and beyond.
bonestorm74
What do you think of the progression of lyrcis from Unforgiven 1 to Unforgiven 2? Do you think they did the original justice? Here are the lyrics to part 2...

Lay beside me, tell me what have they done
Speak the words I wanna hear, to make my demons run
The door is locked now, but it's open if you're true
If you can understand the me, then I can understand the you

Lay beside me, under wicked sky
Black of day, dark of night, we share this pair of lives
The door cracks open, but there's no sun shining through
Black heart scarring darker still, but there's no sun shining through
No, there's no sun shining through
No, there's no sun shining

What I've felt, what I've known
Turn the pages, turn the stone
Behind the door, should I open it for you?

Yeah
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven too?

Come lay beside me, this won't hurt I swear
She loves me not, she loves me still, but she'll never love again
She lay beside me, but she'll be there when I'm gone
Black hearts scarring darker still, yes she'll be there when I'm gone
Yes she'll be there when I'm gone
Dead sure she'll be there

Yeah
Behind the door, should I open it for you?

Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there, cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven too?

Lay beside me, tell me what I've done
The door is closed, so are your eyes
But now I see the sun, now I see the sun
Yes, now I see it

Yeah
Behind the door, should I open it for you

So sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there, cause I'm the one who waits
The one who waits for you

Oh, what I've felt, what I've known
Behind the door, should I open it for you
So I dub thee unforgiven

Oh, what I've felt
Oh, what I've known

I'll take this key
And I'll bury it in you
Because you're unforgiven too

Never free
Never me
Because you're unforgiven too
chrisoddo21
I agree. The unforgiven 2 is in my opinion best.
It's kind of sad though when you think about what they're about.

From what i comprehend in the first unforgiven it tells about a boy growing up and being pushed around and his life controlled. For the second I think its about the boy finding a woman like him but not sure if he should trust her. In the end of the second I think he loves her but finds out she is unforgiven by him like the rest of the people. at the end of the second he is still never free. never me. For the third unforgiven its like he realizes one day that he may have been dreaming too big or that he really could have controlled his life but didn't take control and now cannot forgive himself for that.

That's my opinion though. Love 'em all.
A fourth might be too much but i'd be interested to see if it ties up loose ends
Garga
i love this song...This song is great Smile Metallica's songs absolutely beautiful...But Unforgiven II is better than I Smile
Nutteloos
The original post !
has way, way !
too many !!!!!'s in it !

Seriously, get a new lyrics provider.

(great song, nontheless)
lavitran
My favourite hİPHOP
Afaceinthematrix
The Unforgiven is one of Metallica's most overrated songs. It's a good song, but it doesn't even compare with a lot of other Metallica songs. One thing that I like about the song, though, is that many people can relate to the lyrics in the first Unforgiven. Many children are forced into conformity when they're young and they eventually have to break out of the conformity.
Ankhanu
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
The Unforgiven is one of Metallica's most overrated songs. It's a good song, but it doesn't even compare with a lot of other Metallica songs. One thing that I like about the song, though, is that many people can relate to the lyrics in the first Unforgiven. Many children are forced into conformity when they're young and they eventually have to break out of the conformity.

Right on the money.
One of the most interesting things about the song is the juxtaposition of heavy/clean; using heavy, distorted riffs for the verse and quiet, clean stuff for the chorus... polar opposite of most of the songs written at the time. The album and song are good... the last good stuff Metallica managed to produce... but being at the end of the decent line, it's not their best material. The band jumped the shark with this album Smile
liljp617
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

It can certainly depend on what the listener desires. Not everybody can deal with the thrash of MoP, Ride the Lightning, etc. (which I believe are their best songs). It's an overrated song if you're into Metallica's thrash days and want to compare it to that, but standing on its own, it's not really overrated.
Afaceinthematrix
Ankhanu wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

Right on the money.
One of the most interesting things about the song is the juxtaposition of heavy/clean; using heavy, distorted riffs for the verse and quiet, clean stuff for the chorus... polar opposite of most of the songs written at the time. The album and song are good... the last good stuff Metallica managed to produce... but being at the end of the decent line, it's not their best material. The band jumped the shark with this album :)

I don't think the Black Album was their last good album. While it was certainly down hill and their best album was probably Kill 'Em All, I don't believe that Metallica wasn't good after that. I actually really liked Death Magnetic. I thought that overall it was a good album. I mean it didn't raise Cliff Burton from the dead, but overall, it was a good album.

liljp617 wrote:
It can certainly depend on what the listener desires. Not everybody can deal with the thrash of MoP, Ride the Lightning, etc. (which I believe are their best songs). It's an overrated song if you're into Metallica's thrash days and want to compare it to that, but standing on its own, it's not really overrated.

I guess I can see that not everyone would like the thrash metal greatness of MoP, Four Horsemen, Fight Fire w/ Fire, etc.
Noremac
Great but they should have left it with 1, maybe 2, three is disgusting.
_AVG_
I agree. 1 is the best.

The Unforgiven 2 is decent and 3 is complete garbage.

It's one of Metallica's best alongside Fade to Black, Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman.

But nothing beats ONE.
Xanatos
_AVG_ wrote:
I agree. 1 is the best.

The Unforgiven 2 is decent and 3 is complete garbage.

It's one of Metallica's best alongside Fade to Black, Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman.

But nothing beats ONE.

Neither enter sandman or one can compare to orion or to live is to die or the four horsemen or near any of metallicas earlier songs.
siren123
I totally dig metallica Very Happy
igorflysta
Unforgiven is even better than "Nothing else matters". It's best slow song of Metallica.
c'tair
Like all of Metallica's songs. The slower ballade-type songs, the faster thrash songs.. Everything. The vocals are great, the music is wonderful. I'm also glad they really came up from being down. Meaning that Death Magnetic was pretty damn good compared to St. Anger. I can't listen to St. Anger, it just seems something huge is missing (but it still has some good songs), while Death Magnetic is a return to good hard thrash.

Can't wait for their next album.
andysart380
ALRIGHT!!! great song