FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Extracting files from RW-CD

ainieas
Is it possible to get back files that have been quick erased from a ReWritable CD?

I erased one of my discs but I really need the files that were on it. I haven't used the CD since.
Sephz0r
No, because the data has been erased from the disc meaning it's unreadable.
Stubru Freak
It's possible I think, some files may be unrecoverable, but if you have the right software you should be able to get back most of the files. Don't know that software, sorry.
exarkun
Stubru Freak wrote:
It's possible I think, some files may be unrecoverable, but if you have the right software you should be able to get back most of the files. Don't know that software, sorry.

ya, there are some of them out there, but they only recover the deleted files from your hard drive, I think.
Stubru Freak
http://www.google.com/search?q=file+recovery+software&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Here are some. Most of them are paid though. But maybe they have this software in a pc center near you, so they can recover your data for a lower price.
Scorpio
ainieas wrote:
Is it possible to get back files that have been quick erased from a ReWritable CD?

I erased one of my discs but I really need the files that were on it. I haven't used the CD since.

As stubru pointed out, data is recoverable Only from your HDD even if you delete it from the recycle bin

The records will be stored and hence the files can be recovered

But in a CD R there is no space for storing the records and stuff, it is mostly irrecoverable as you have completely wiped out the data
orcaz
not really. i heard of a software which can recover from CDs too. I think it is Restoration.exe if im not wrong at http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html
Scorpio
orcaz wrote:
not really. i heard of a software which can recover from CDs too. I think it is Restoration.exe if im not wrong at http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html

Yes Really

Quote:
Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin or deleted while holding down the Shift key by mistake.
Conversely, this program has another function that makes it almost impossible to restore all deleted files.
You can use it after deletion of confidential documents, embarrassing files and so on.

As i told you this is only for recovery from HDD not from a CD OR DVD

Just look before blindly pointing toward something