FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the best free MMORPG in your opinion?

Marco
I used to play maple story a lot (well, about 4 hours a day... that's a lot to me Razz ), but I've stopped playing when I couldn't use my beta-account for the official release. Anyway, I was just wondering which free MMORPG is fun to play (since I want to start playing one again Smile )
darth_revan
its not free, but a tale in the desert ( http://www.atitd.com ) is the best MMORPG i've ever played...
TonkPilz
ther are alot of free good mmo's. heres a list of the ones i'v tryd

Flyff: a anime style mmorgp wher ther twist is that you dont only fight on the ground but also in the air not much of a char sheet tho
http://flyff.gpotato.com/

Rubies of Eventide: an old and not to greate looking mmorpg tho the communety is vary good and ppl are friendly and many will healp you out
but ther arnt as many players as in most other rpgs but that healps the communety to stay freandly. even if the graphics arnt to cool the char sheet are the best iv seen for a free mmo so far
http://www.eventide.net/

Silkroad Online: a winer in the looks apartment but the quests gets realy borring after the 1st one not much of attributs tho you mostly get new skill eavry 2 3 lvls or so and its vary unbalensd
http://www.silkroadonline.net/

there are many others that are more or less known posted here and ther in the forum

sorry about all the typos im to tierd to correct them now. like always
linkman2004
Well, Maple Story is one of them but you don't play that anymore. The only other real one I can think of is StarPort Galactic Empires.

StarPort Galactic Empires

I'm not sure if it could really qualify as an RPG. It's more of a space commerce game, really. You fly around in your little ship planting colonies, selling materials, or just becoming a good old fashioned pirate. I've definitely had alot of fun with it. But, again, it's not much like any of the other MMORPGs out there.
rightclickscott
Dofus!!!
My account is rightclickscott and my main character is rcscott.

Kingdom of Loathing is awsome too. My main is Jack_Nocturn.
exarkun
hey hey, did anyone of you forget RuneScape and Knight Online?
Both are fun to play, with extreme and realistic graphic...
TonkPilz
exarkun wrote:

no dont tink we forgot its just that those have ther own topics olready
rightclickscott
exarkun wrote:

Runescape just always pissed me off, and realistic graphics? HA! Knight Online was a bitch to get running, and it's not worth playing if there is noone else to play with who speaks the same language as you.
romsman
i have two favorite mmorpg's, one is called goonzu online, it has a really good economic system. The second one is ragnarok, it isn't really free but because of the many private servers it is often viewed as being free.
KMKM
Try out gunz....
it is in itz beta period so will be free
www.gunz.com

well i in india get access to inGunz which is the best among all in terms of advancements Very Happy
if u are in it then my main character is KMKM

Kudos!
~KMKM
kai_guy99
exarkun wrote:

Runescape? It's good and all for a game you can play on an internet browser, but why not spent 30 dollars instead on Neverwinter Nights Diamond? Neverwinter is about a hundred times better...

Realistic Graphics? Good for internet, but BAD compared to say... OBLIVION (or any other new game...)
4ndY
knight online rules, but watch out for the turks Laughing
pokethamage
i'm amazed no one mentioned gunbound...cuz there' so many people playing that it's not even funny...but then it sucks compared to maple story. you should really consider giving maple story a spin again cuz it's extremely different from beta. i know cuz i played in beta.

btw the site is http://www.gunbound.com/
MythicalMuffin
I play this awesome little game called Nowhere Else and Beyond. It's really fun, despite the fact that a lot of people want to turn it into a Runescape ripoff. -_-;

Also, I must agree with rightclickscott - Kingdom of Loathing is great.

Runescape was fun. Like, way back in the day before I hit level 50...I hate the game now, but it's so addictive that I keep going back, even though I've done all the quests for the free version and have no intention of forking any amount of money over to Jagex so I can do everything on the member's worlds, too. >_>;;
darth_revan
4ndY wrote:
knight online rules, but watch out for the turks Laughing

hehe if anyone is saying "aga lvl kac" or "aga party pls", then, he is turk. I'm turk too, but unlike others, i know the basics of the game. Not only "raptor is good, go get a abyss gem" or something... My friend and i were talking;

Friend -hey, what's your class
Me -mage
F -how do you use your stat points
M -Umm... to intelligence and MP
F -what the... give em to str!
M -wha?
F -you know what str is, dont you?
M -umm.. yes? its guc (strength is guc in turkish)
F -no!!! it's strategy

its real... KO has really bad players. But when you become lvl30, it starts to bore you. Game is not detailed, and you just kill, level up, kill more, gain SP, kill more, gain new abilities, kill more... Well, all you do is killing. And it bores the players. Thats why i'm playing a tale in the desert.
rightclickscott
kai_guy99 wrote:
exarkun wrote:

Runescape? It's good and all for a game you can play on an internet browser, but why not spent 30 dollars instead on Neverwinter Nights Diamond? Neverwinter is about a hundred times better...

Realistic Graphics? Good for internet, but BAD compared to say... OBLIVION (or any other new game...)

Dude, how are you going to compare sucky free online games for expensive next gen single player games? There is simply no comparison, so why try?

MythicalMuffin wrote:
Also, I must agree with rightclickscott - Kingdom of Loathing is great.

Dancing

What's your username? I'll send you some meat.