FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Confused... Adobe or Macromedia??

borud
I'm a bit confused.
Have Dreamweaver changed their owners or something. I recently visited adobe's homepage and discovered a whole lot of macromedia names on their site.
Has Adobe taken over macromedia's buisness Question Think
nikolic
Yes, it has. The merger was going on for about a year before it was OK'ed by the US government.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/adobeandmacromedia.html

http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/marketinginsider/wpn-50-20050420TheAdobeMacromediaMergerMoreThanAMonopoly.html

Hope that clears up some confusion.[/url]
varun_dodla
I din know that and sounds like great news....two big shots (when it comes to graphics design ) merging should defnitely pave way for sumthing wonderful ...... waiting with my fingers crossed!! Wink
wsco
Very Happy
i see
caroline
ew.

I hate adobe, it charges too much.

macromedia is cool though. Why are they merging?
smartbei
Lol! Macromedia is no cheaper than Adobe. I worry that their merger, being as they are two of the leading computer software and especially online media creation companies, will make it so that there is less competition in the field, and prices may even go higher.
ajewab
macromedia is better i think
badai
so, what are going to do about newbie digging up really, really, really old topic (6 years old cat can have great-great-great grand kitties, hundreds or thousands of great-great-great grand kitties) and post meaningless stuff?

maybe we should add rules if they do this, they will be ban and put on wall-of-shame page here.
dude_xyx
Adobe has bought Macromedia company for something around 4 billion US Dollars. So everything become Adobe and they closed down some applications like Macromedia Fireworks and Macromedia Freehand. I don't see much difference but Adobe is known for doing releases way too fast. So sometimes 2 versions have very little differences unlike at time of Macromedia.