FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cat eye

dz9c
My cat's eye is watering. It happened to the other eye a couple weeks ago, now its in the other. Doesnt seem to have any symptoms but his eye waters. He is a house cat, so he's very healthy. Any clues to what my cat has?
HoboPelican
dz9c wrote:
My cat's eye is watering. It happened to the other eye a couple weeks ago, now its in the other. Doesnt seem to have any symptoms but his eye waters. He is a house cat, so he's very healthy. Any clues to what my cat has?

Lots of my cats have developed a goey residue near the tear ducts. In some it went away, some it was always there. Best thing to do is to have your vet look at it. A vet can tell you a lot more than I could. Do you take your feline in for check-ups?
dz9c
HoboPelican wrote:
dz9c wrote:

Lots of my cats have developed a goey residue near the tear ducts. In some it went away, some it was always there. Best thing to do is to have your vet look at it. A vet can tell you a lot more than I could. Do you take your feline in for check-ups?

No I do not. Strange.
Mr Smith
It could be anything... I would reccomend seeing a Vet.
jennahenrywagner
My cat's eye has actually been watering since she was just a kitten. When we first asked the vet about it, he said that there was nothing wrong and that it happens to many cats. She's now 12 years old and her eye is still watering, yet she hasn't had any significant problems. It's something worth talking to your vet about, but I wouldn't make an emergency visit.
raph76
my cat has a eyes blue
sbx_master
Maybe your cat is being sad - - - I'm kidding..
SusieSmacktard
Sometimes watering can mean a minor infection. My cat gets them usually once or twice a year. He usually gets some antibiotic liquid from the vet when he has them.
Also, I've never seen a cat so happy to take medication as my cat. He will literally beg for it!
HoboPelican
SusieSmacktard wrote:

Also, I've never seen a cat so happy to take medication as my cat. He will literally beg for it!

HAHA. I'm tempted to call you a liar, but I think I'm just jealous Smile I had a cat that fought like crazy when we tried to pill her. And once we got in it, held her jaws shut, stroked her throat, blew lightly on her nose and waited a couple of minutes, I swear to God, after all that she'd spit it out! Rolling Eyes Forget mixing it with food, half a tiny pill crushed and mixed into her food would be enough for her to totally ignore it.<sigh>

I think I go to the vet more that I go to the doctor. Sad
sugarbox
i think it's a normal thing.