FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tieskevo's HOW TO MAKE AN REAL NICE LAYOUT TUTORIAL

Tieskevo
1. first you have to know what the site is about..
2. Be creative, nothing is impossible.
3. make an sketch.. of what you want to make (just pencil and paper)
4. now you have an sketch, but it have to be digital, you can scan the sketch,
or make it with you designing program. use the basic figures: Circles, Rectangles etc..
5. now you have the lines in your software, fill it with a gradient, color patern.
it depends on your idea,
6. work towards the details.. dont start with the small things untill you finished the "big"parts...

NOTE: making a layout costs time, you will see problems.. dont know how to make something, Dont worry! ppl from designing sites made their websites to help others.. just ask for help,
xunhandmex
i love making layouts but at the same time i HATE it just because of how long it takes me, im a steady worker, but once its said and done i love it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snowboardalliance
hmmm, I think it is better to work on individual parts of the page. Working on the whole page as an image then "slicing" it never really appealed to me. But that's just my opinion
Tieskevo
actualy i make small parts of the site too.. but i put them together in photoshop and slice it then..
snowboardalliance
Tieskevo wrote:
actualy i make small parts of the site too.. but i put them together in photoshop and slice it then..

I just make individual images and code them in seperately. I like to concentrate on each area first and have the images all seperate (how they will end up anyway)
Grievez
I always make a sketch this helps to make the production faster and better guidelines. Goos tips but i dont really use them all, but if your new these certainly help Smile

Good job
knieja
But I sometimes encounter a barrier. I don;t know how make any effects and how to use all options and opportunities of Photoshop CS2 Very Happy. But my skeeches are not poor Cool