FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DVD 9 to DVD 5

Xavier
Which is the best (and faster too) software to convert DVD9 (d layer) movies to DVD5(single layer)?.
Some dvd9 has 4 to 6 movies .I want to burn them to 4.7 gb disc with all the sustitles and scene selection as in the master disc(dvd9).
Moreover some DVD9 with single movies are also them . I want to re-encode or convert it so as to fit in a sinle layered disc with all the features and menu?

Which software is best for that???

It takes very long on Nero 7. Also i dont want to sacrifice quality.
rvec
you will have to sacrifice something. You can't get all the menu's and extra's with the same quality as the original on a smaller disk.
Bones
If you don't want to sacrifice quality, then burn them to dvd9's

Otherwise you will need to compress them to fit on single layer dvd's and you will have to sacrifice quality (how much quality depends on how much you are compressing the video)..although, I find when backing up movies, ripping out the menus and extras will make more room for actual video...who really watches that junk anyway??

I use DVD Decrypter and DVD shrink for this kind of backup
time_ar
DVD shrink. simple.
mongogoon
You need to get a program that dose it. A program that dose is dvd shrink or DVD X Copy. If you need ne more help just post a reply.
SoftStag
Copying DVDs is illegal, you should be careful!
kelvinpoon
A faster computer convert it in a faster way!
Nero 7 is quite fast actually.
turbosquid
It's not illegal to copy your own DVD's for backup perposes, but it is illegal to distribute them or post them on the internet etc....

I would use DVD shrink for backing up DVD-9 to DVD-5 it does a pretty good job and it FREEWARE.

It will copy the menus as well as all the other stuff on the DVD-9 and compress it all to fit on a DVD-5 disc. There maybe a slight loss in quality but not really noticable.

You can get DVDshrink here:- http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

REMEMBER IT IS ILLEGAL TO COPY YOUR DVD'S FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR PERSONAL USE.
ck88
This is for unprotected DVD's only!

Rip and create an ISO using DVD decrypter.
Mount using Daemon tools.
Open in CloneDVD and let it work it's magic.

A good site for information is http://www.videohelp.com/!