FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gmail vows!

Xavier
What ha happ to Gmail lately?!
Whenever i try opening my inbox, it shows Loading & never really opens my Inbox!
Strange problem!
Is anyone else too facing this kinda problem?!
chirag
Some times it happens with me too. But after some hrs it automatically starts working. Anyway try clearing ur temp files, cookise and history. Some times when I did this gmail started working. Razz
kany
Well yes i had this problem but that is only when i use OPERA Browser . it has somekind of conflict with the gmail because when ever i use opera .Gmail never loads up . But it works well with Internet Explorer. haven't tried firefox for that though
billybob
kany wrote:
Well yes i had this problem but that is only when i use OPERA Browser . it has somekind of conflict with the gmail because when ever i use opera .Gmail never loads up . But it works well with Internet Explorer. haven't tried firefox for that though

I use firefox and it works fine. but I have had problems in the past where it did'nt for abour 10 mins thats it though...
Transponder
works fine, in firefox try clearing youre cookies and cache! Smile
scryoko
Yes, I agree. Gmail works well with Firefox and, though I've only had Gmail for about four months, I haven't had any loading problems with it. Though when I tried opening it with IE several times, it loaded a few minutes slower. Hm. Only goes to show that Firefox is better, doesn't it? *grin* But this is only a matter of opinion, of course... *grin*

Hm.. I do have a question though with using Gmail. You know how for Gmail, when you get replies to the same thread of email message, all those replies will be grouped under the same email? Does anyone know if there is a way where you can actually undo this? Or is this a built-in feature of Gmail that cannot be changed at all? Thank you. ^_^

Regards,
-- scryoko
cyph33r
I am having the same problem when I access Gmail from my university, which is using firefox, then it says Loading and takes forever, sometimes I try reload the page and it only works about 5-10 mins later. But when I access it from home (also using firefox) then it loads almost immediately. I don't know if this is becaue of the bandwidth difference or what?
guissmo
If Gmail loads so slowly, try turning off its chat feature. It'd be faster - especially if you're dial up. Like me! Very Happy
redice
Yes, it happens with me too. But I think it not because of the browser you use . I think that google did some test in theses days or some of the servers overloaded.
kelvinpoon
i use bot IE and firefox.
but i don't have any problems about gmail.
what browser do you use?
screamingdecay
I don't see why people don't just use outlook express much easyer and faster to get email from gmail. Smile
mhpschool
Quite probably your issue has a great deal to do with the version of Java Virtual Machine your pc is running. Gmail is written using AJAX which is basically Java with attitude but you need to keep your Sun Java updated.

Try going to http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp. This will download and install the latest verision of Java and should fix your problem. It will also give you access to an updater so that you will not get into this problem again.
Stubru Freak
mhpschool wrote:
Quite probably your issue has a great deal to do with the version of Java Virtual Machine your pc is running. Gmail is written using AJAX which is basically Java with attitude but you need to keep your Sun Java updated.

Try going to http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp. This will download and install the latest verision of Java and should fix your problem. It will also give you access to an updater so that you will not get into this problem again.

AJAX is javascript, not Java.
oais
I had issues accessing gmail through opera too. Lately I've found a workaround for it. Just press the F12 key to open the quick preferences menu and select 'Identify as Mozilla'. You should be able to access gmail using Opera. Cool
yaashop
even it has some problem but it's much less than hotmail that i had been using. nowi almost totally switch to gmail just keep hotmail for some webregister and gettting junk mails /heh i also use it as net storage drive, upload files to it then d/l it back from anywhere. i love it!

ps. if anyone need invite for gmail signup just PM me i will give u and invite for free^^
orcaz
Sometimes GMail lags... Clear your cache and try again.. I actually receive more of such problems while in IE than Firefox when using GMail.
abhinav_shah
Try clearing the cache of your browser.

Abhinav Shah
surdy
I too faced problems with Gmail. But mostly it is when my connecction is not working fine and is slow ,when i face the problem. Either i do a simple F5 (refersh ) or first clear browsers cache and then F5 , it works fine.
I face the problem equally on IE anf firefox, so i don't think this is browser dependent.
Indyan
kany wrote:

Gmail blocks opera. Open mail.google.com, right click on the page and from the context menu select Edit Site Pref. From Network settings set Browser identification to mask as mozilla .
gmail will work fine.G!Chat will also work.
Ikthar
Indyan wrote:

Gmail blocks opera.

GMail blocked Opera three months ago, not anymore.

It works fine here, I never got this issue...
deepak
Xavier wrote:
What ha happ to Gmail lately?!
Whenever i try opening my inbox, it shows Loading & never really opens my Inbox!
Strange problem!
Is anyone else too facing this kinda problem?!

This problem usualy comes when there is a fault with cache so clean your cache. If problem still persist then you might be on NAT that must be blocking gmail connections.
bryanbel
Try to use firefox because gmail right now is making firefox as the preferred browser, firefox even uses gmail as its out of the box web search engine. I had been a firefox user and I haven't got much problem in regards to Gmail.
Ikthar
bryanbel wrote:
firefox even uses gmail as its out of the box web search engine.

You mean Google? Laughing
lordlinier
i suggest u using yahoo, it has 2GB storage and it's stable. get rid of Gmail, it's crap
chirag
It happens with me also Crying or Very sad . I jst clean the cookies and temp folder and it starts working.