FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Backlinks from Myspace

Tony The Tiger
This week I posted a myspace.com page (www.myspace.com/tonythetiger007). I have been told that backlinks are extremely important for search engine placement. I would like to include a backlink in my myspace.com page in place of the textual reference. How do I do so.
kcarring
Tony,

Your on the right track, you should be able to find instructions to add links - right on your site, or search for "add link myspace" on Google.

Also, consider creating links at as many of the free directories out there as you have time for. When creating the link, vary the content of the description, and the Title. Include terms you wish to be found for in your title, but do not make them all exact.

I spend a fair amount of time doing just this for clients. I charge 170+tax for 80 links, but my clients usually get about 100. I review the links and tell the client where the links have been created. I also include all-important links like dmoz.org, and I spend time to find niche directories and links relevant to the client site.

Check this page out for places:
http://www.topdirectories.info
kcarring
Tony, more advice:

Considering you are actually somewhat of a celebrity and awarded artist, you should attempt to create a wikipedia page, all about 'you'. I would call it your real name 'antonio vernon'. Make it lengthy. A complete bio - at the bottom, have a link back to you homepage. Do not simply duplicate it. This will greatly help, because eventually that page will gain high PR with Google, as do most wikipedia pages. You may find the wikipedia page to be a great source of traffic, and it is likely it will outrank your homepage anyway.It will pay off, 10x as much as a myspace page.
If there are other 'celebrity' or martial arts sites u can be celebrated on - do it - there are far more valuable to your campaign than blogs or myspace/nexopia pages. trust me. this is because their host domain is not only high pr, but could be, in some cases, be relevant (martial arts).

Cheers
Tony The Tiger
kcarring wrote:
Tony, more advice:

Considering you are actually somewhat of a celebrity and awarded artist, you should attempt to create a wikipedia page, all about 'you'. I would call it your real name 'antonio vernon'. Make it lengthy. A complete bio - at the bottom, have a link back to you homepage. Do not simply duplicate it.

It seems most minor celebrities have quite short wikipedia pages. I think mine should be so as well.

Also, of course, I will call it by my real name. I might add some disambigution and/or redirects links for Tony the Tiger using the secondary parenthesis "Tony the Tiger (martial artist)" or "Tony the Tiger (athlete)" syntax as opposed to the primary "Tony the Tiger".
Tony The Tiger
kcarring wrote:
you should attempt to create a wikipedia page

It is up and running. I will work on it a bit more later.
onemoment
This might be a stupid question, but what's a backlink?
coreymanshack
a backlink is a link posted somewhere on the web to your website (posted preferbaly on a popular website, no warez or hacking sites tho)