FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Removal

Tony The Tiger
I have recently noticed that the last google search engine hit on my webpage (www.tonythetiger.frih.net) occurred on May 11th. Search results for my name does not show my webpage in the first half dozen pages and it use to show on page one. Search engine results on my website URL yields the following result "Sorry, no information is available for the URL www.tonythetiger.frih.net" Does anyone know why my website would have been removed from the google database?

I am wondering if it is related to one of the following:
1. # of hits (about 5 a day)
2. # of backlinks
3. content
4. political manipulations by connected lawsuit opponent.
Sunny
Moved to the correct forum ie SEO and Search Engines

-move-
Tony The Tiger
Thanks for properly relocating my post. I don't recall where I posted it, but I am sure this is a better forum.
kcarring
I am wondering if it is related to one of the following:
1. # of hits (about 5 a day)
2. # of backlinks
3. content

1. Not likely at all. Google does not criticize a site for lack of hits. Are you referring to visits to your site, as detected to be originated from Google, or hits period? Google has no way of determining your total traffic, other than cross-referencing with alexa, which is not very accurate, period.

2. Very likely. It is not uncommon for Google to push a new site to top ten, then drop it later. This often happens when it sees high-level relevance, but then re-calculates other factors - i.e. # of backlinks. For this reason, highly relevant Blogs often go to top 10 for a week or two then drop drastically, favored by older, mature sites in theme with numerous backlinks.

3. Also likely - your in frames. Remember, I told you, your mainsite never scored, only your frameloaded page, the "main.html". This is not a good scenario, and at very least, your loader page (the frame) should reference a document called "antonio-vernon.html" instead of 'main.htm'. This might help build relevance. Choose your #1 term for this document name.

4. Very, very unlikely.

Key advice:

Drop the frames, and go with an SEO'd page layout.
Consider a static IP hosted account.
Make sure any dead pages (404) have a courtesy page to land on.
Tony The Tiger
I have been told that Google recently maxed out its index at 4 billion pages. Any comments.
littlegiant
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I have been told that Google recently maxed out its index at 4 billion pages. Any comments.

I don't see how that could be when it was widely reported that they had surpassed 8 billion pages a long time ago. Who told you that?

Also regarding your launch post, I would guess that using frames is killing you especially since you don't have a <noframes> element on your frameset page. I've read that search engines these days are 'frame smart' but I definitely wouldn't count on it. I would either redesign your site without the frames (use SSI instead) or at the very least, insert some <noframes>...</noframes> tags in your frameset page and put some content in between to give Google something to gnaw on when it spiders your home page.

Another thing is you have your name "Tony" rendered 4 times in your <title> tags. This, coupled along with the fact that Google sees no content on your home page (because of the frames), might have triggered a spam filter and it's possible that you're getting penalized for keyword stuffing.

It's also quite possible you got 'sandboxed' by Google (as per kcarring's explanation #2) but I find it unusual that you can't even be found for your site's URL. On the plus side, you're still listed in Yahoo and MSN. Wink
Tony The Tiger
littlegiant wrote:
Another thing is you have your name "Tony" rendered 4 times in your <title> tags. This, coupled along with the fact that Google sees no content on your home page (because of the frames), might have triggered a spam filter and it's possible that you're getting penalized for keyword stuffing.

I am also curious why my wikipedia page is not ranking in google. I am indexed but my wikipedia name change comes out on the first page and my article does not show in the first several pages of an Antonio Vernon search. What is going on?
Tony The Tiger
littlegiant wrote:
On the plus side, you're still listed in Yahoo and MSN. Wink

A yahoo search on Antonio Vernon does not yield my site unless you search for "Antonio Vernon". Neither yields my wikipedia article.
littlegiant
Tony,

I see you haven't made any of the changes we suggested. You're not going to get anywhere by continually scratching your head and wondering what's going on. You've got to get in there and make some changes to get results.

If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.
Tony The Tiger
I got your complaint here:
littlegiant wrote:
I see you haven't made any of the changes we suggested.

Here are the changes and my responses

littlegiant wrote:
I would either redesign your site without the frames (use SSI instead) or at the very least, insert some <noframes>...</noframes> tags in your frameset page and put some content in between to give Google something to gnaw on when it spiders your home page.

I am not likely to learn PHP anytime soon.

I am not sure how to use noframes tags, but will try to learn.

littlegiant wrote:

KCarring suggested the Title with the name variations. I have to figure out how to have content in the home page. Probably, will use your noframe technique if I can understand it.

kcarring wrote:
at very least, your loader page (the frame) should reference a document called "antonio-vernon.html" instead of 'main.htm'. This might help build relevance. Choose your #1 term for this document name.

Will try.

Right now I am redesigning my press release page and working on wikipedia pages.
littlegiant
You could use PHP to include files on the server side but you could also use SSI (which is not PHP). It's really easy actually. Check out this tutorial at my site:

http://www.ironspider.ca/frames/ssi.htm

As for the <noframes> element, simply insert a set of <noframes>...</noframes> tags in your frameset document (after the closing </frameset> tag) and then put some content in between them.

So a simplified version of your frameset document will look something like this:

<html>

<head>
<title>PAGE TITLE</title>
</head>

<frameset>
<frame src="somepage.htm" name="menu">
<frame src="anotherpage.htm" name="content">
</frameset>

<noframes>
PUT A DESCRIPTION HERE ABOUT YOUR SITE PLUS SOME LINKS TO ALL THE PAGES ON YOUR SITE SO SEARCH BOTS CAN FIND THEM.
</noframes>

</html>
Marston
Tony The Tiger wrote:
That's meant to be a joke, right?
Tony The Tiger
Marston wrote:
That's meant to be a joke, right?

Not at all. I am fighting with the University of Chicago as you may see on my press release page at www.tonythetiger.frih.net/VernonVsUofC.html There is no logical reason why my info should be removed from the google database. I could see moving down for odd reasons, but removal from the database makes no sense.
littlegiant
So you suspect that the University of Chicago might have conspired with Google to get you delisted? That seems like a bit of a stretch...
Dragonfly
I'm not going to answer the point you are making here. Rather I will tell you my opinion. Firstly, I doubt if google really index well framed websites. Think about how will google index when the keyword weapon is searched. Your website has weapon as one webpage however it is inside a frame page. The weapon page doesn't have any meta title, meta keyword, meta description. Why don't you make simple html website without using frame page. This is not going to help your site index.