FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LAN party's

munkey_boy
Hello, what do you think of LAN's? i think there fun and i want to host a small one with like 5 people. Theres a LAN i got to called SubNet and they have a like network website (forgot the real name of a network site) and you enter ur username and then click ok and it registers you. then whenever you reboot you have to do this again Very Happy but on that site you can order pizza and see when the torunaments are on (I wonder whatsoftware he uses). Anyway thats besides the point, What do you think of LAN's?
alkady
Local Area Network, Comes with ever network you buy LOL, I got a LAN myself powered by D-Link and its really no fun at all, Even those LAN Parties, I had a LAN match on Star Wars Battlegrounds with a bunch of friends and its not at fun as playing with strangers because you get to taunt and all sort of stuff you wouldnt say or do with your friends.
Josso
Probably the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off.

We used to play network FarCry and other stuff. It's so fun... My brothers friends have them as well. Fun times of hyperspacing into the middle of the other base (Homeworld 2) and hearing "AAAAHH!" and frantic typing throughout the house.
munkey_boy
alkady wrote:
I had a LAN match on Star Wars Battlegrounds with a bunch of friends and its not at fun as playing with strangers because you get to taunt and all sort of stuff

You can still tease your friends a bit, just dont go overboard
Jaiye
munkey_boy wrote:
alkady wrote:
I had a LAN match on Star Wars Battlegrounds with a bunch of friends and its not at fun as playing with strangers because you get to taunt and all sort of stuff

You can still tease your friends a bit, just dont go overboard

no no, you're supposed to go overboard, then right before it turns into a drunken fistfight you decide to settle it witha 1v1 3 round match of CS. lan parties are awesome.
Assiez
alkady wrote:
its not at fun as playing with strangers because you get to taunt and all sort of stuff you wouldnt say or do with your friends.

i find that playing games with friends in the same room is actually more fun. Easier to taunt and be loud. Like usually when I'm playing alone, I'm pretty quiet, but in a big group we're all like hey take that! damint i'll take you down boy! ohhh owned!!!! cause we know we can all hear each other.
Donutey
Yea this kid at our school has a couple of CS LAN parties each year with about 50 people... it's not all gaming but it's pretty cool.
rightclickscott
I have so much fun at LAN parties. There is just one person who doesn't like me at LAN parties, my friend Rob, because I can very loud and pretty competitive, and everyone else knows it's just for fun, but he get's too serious and starts doing stupid things. Things like acting like a complete jackoff and taking the game's too seriously.
blinddeafmute
LAN's are always great fun. Im sure even smaller sized ones are fun because the competition is more head-to-head and always more intense. I have been to bigger lans like huge lan fests like fragapalooza, which are also extremely fun because of the physical awards that you can win. Unfortunately at those larger lan party's the games for which you can win prizes are limited and if you dont play them then u are not eligible. I like to play home lan parties just cuz we can dictate what games are to be played.
awesty
We have a LAN so i get get wireless internet on my laptop Razz There is a roater connected to our main computer and a wireless card slotted into my laptop. it is called a LAN
TonkPilz
Yeah Lan Partys are greate but thay dont happen as often thes days tho...
me and some friends used to rent a house and kram 15 to 20 ppl in ther for a weekend and blast eavry one whit the railgun and rockets and then of to the battle grounds of c&c:g and an all out potato bashing in Cs hmm i shuld try and get some ppl together and do that again
time_ar
well, it would be very fun with friends:) I used to go gaming centers with them while I was in college.
munkey_boy
Why was this topic moved, it is not a game so why has it been moved to the games forum?
KaolasHikarii
Lan Parties are fun! In fact I'm planning one right now. I do Halo 2 Lan Parties, the first one I ever did was at the Halo 2 release, and I mean midnight release. It was so crazy! EVeryone just came over and waited for 4 of us to get the game. We had and stuff, we hooked up 4 xboxs and had 25 people there..it sucked cause we had to rotate..well I didnt cause I was hosting it Wink. Anyway yeah Lan Parties are very cool. I host them in my back yard so Winter was a major drag haha.
rightclickscott
munkey_boy wrote:
Why was this topic moved, it is not a game so why has it been moved to the games forum?

Well, people do kind of play games at LAN parties. I don't think they do anything but play games. I should know, I've attended several of them.
munkey_boy
rightclickscott wrote:
munkey_boy wrote:

Well, people do kind of play games at LAN parties. I don't think they do anything but play games. I should know, I've attended several of them.

ive gone to a few, but hvae you read this forums description?

Forum description wrote:
Almost everyone likes them. Which game is your favorite, why and what are your tactics?
[/quote]
munkey_boy
rightclickscott wrote:
munkey_boy wrote:

ive gone to a few, but hvae you read this forums description?

Forum description wrote:
Almost everyone likes them. Which game is your favorite, why and what are your tactics?

I edited this post to get rid of all of the tag things that were unnesacary
faker_phil
LAN's are awesome, that's all I have to say.
munkey_boy
AHHH!!!! can a mod please fix that double post up, and delete this post when ur done. Sorry Embarassed
rightclickscott
You know, the game's forum isn't just the description. It's pretty much "let's talk about video games." If everyone followed the description, then there would be alot less threads on this forum.
codederek
yeaa ^

Counter-strikes a good lan game
munkey_boy
codederek wrote:
yeaa ^

Counter-strikes a good lan game

Yep, never played it though Rolling Eyes
Leetch
You better make a good decision because im coming lmao.

THIS IS MY 100th POST
daniel_l_135
rightclickscott wrote:
munkey_boy wrote:

Well, some involve the trading of mp3s and movies. None that are copyrighted though...
jlsilva
What would you guys use at a plan party? A Switch or a Router?