FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

An open-source cross-platform C++ IDE

sergi
After working in Visual Studio C++ for several years I've fed-up with it. In my opinion it's not user-friendly at all and has minimal set of features that can be implemented. To this idea I came after using IntelliJ Idea (an IDE for Java). Fortunately, I've recently found a great open-source IDE called Code::Blocks. It is currently in development stage, but already has lots of great features. Take, for example, the code completion feature. It works like this: you type keyword "for" and press Ctl+J, it inserts:
Code:
for( ; ; )

or you type keyword "forb", it inserts:
Code:
for( ; ; ){
}

and so on... and (!) you can create your own keywords and associate code with them. Other feature it has is code formatting. It allows you to format your code in different coding styles (Java, Linux, ANSI, etc.). These are only several features it has. Many other features are being constantly added. Go to www.codeblocks.org. I hope you'll enjoy it!
sergi
I just wanted to mention of the wide-range of compilers supported by Code::Blocks. It includes: gcc, msvc 2k3, msvc 2k5, borland, etc.

By the way, RC3 is about to come out! (www.forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3335.0)

Nightly builds are much more perfected than the official release.
(www.codeblocks.org/nightly/)

P.S.
C++ guys, make some sound!