FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer under attack

cybernie
Just this morning I was given headache by the infection on one of the computers we use. It says it in danger coz it has been infected. When I click on "Click here to fix the problem" balloon, it installed BraveSentry "anti-virus and it detected 87 infected files... when the scan was finished, i click on the "heal" button but then it asked for a license key. i tried click on the continue evaluation button but it didnt worked, instead it started the scan again. i uninstalled it and restarted my pc.

the "click here to fix the problem" balloon appeared again and when i clicked it, it installed BraveSentry again. I am suspecting BraveSentry disabled AVG and made some entries on the registry... i manually browse over the files on my system and saw many brontok folders and files and have deleted them manually. looking at the AVG log, there was tumpeh.com, eksplorasi.exe which were files launching trojans as i encountered then before...

can you help me get rid of this problem? this seemed to be persistent... i can't completely "clean" my system from the infection.,..
NGRU-Kamikazie
I hate to say it, but you may need to reformat your PC, the problem with the software is in ur bios and that can get ugly fast if you dont know what you are doing. You could also try installing different software alternatives like norton or Mccaffee
Sunny
NGRU-Kamikazie wrote:
I hate to say it, but you may need to reformat your PC, the problem with the software is in ur bios and that can get ugly fast if you dont know what you are doing. You could also try installing different software alternatives like norton or Mccaffee

@NGRU Sorry to say but that ^^^ makes no sense, please don't advice if you are not sure of the problem/solution yourself as it only misleads members.

@cybernie Brave Sentry is a FAKE antivirus which will give you fake warnings and will try force you to buy the software in order to fix what it calls. "infected files". So you don't have to worry about those 87 viruses it scanned. I strongly suggest you to remove Brave Sentry from your pc by running removal tools which can be found here http://www.spywareremove.com/removeBraveSentry.html
kany
Well it seems like these Antivirus are hopeless with the spayware and adware things they don't seems to be able to remove them . I had the problem once just couldn't get rid of a adware with my Antivirus then i installed the Microsoft Antispyware Beta and it really cleaned the Mess for me .
Xeniczone
Well if you had a mac this wouldn't happen.

You should try one of these.

-Get norton antivirus or McAff and run all the updates then run a virus scan.
-After a virus scan click more details and get the location of the file. Push f8 and go into safe mode when in safe mode delete the file using command promt.
-Back up windows and Reinstall it
-Save your Reg. As soon as installed. Then every time you install something. Import the save. Then when installed export the new one with the software installed. So if you get a virus or spyware that f's up your reg then just import the one without it.
Bones
LOL but if he had a Mac, he wouldn't have a 'real' pc either Wink Of course macs dont get infected...why would anyone bother?? There simply arent enough of them on the planet to bother wasting the time to try to infect them.
rafifaisal
I suggest you download HijackThis from HERE and do a complete system scan.
Then post your logfile here.
I will have a look at it. no need in reformatting right now.
sush
Nothing wrong with your *BIOS8 or anything Very Happy

Just install a good anti-virus (look for a 30-day trial) or get Avast! from avast.com (free) and scan and clean. KEEP the antivirus installed and running to prevent history from repeating.

Also run Spyware blaster or the like (once?)
Sunny
I think his question has been answered correctly by me and i don't see anyone adding anything useful to it, infact rest of the advices are just mis leading. I am locking this thread to prevent more spam.

cybernie..if your problem is not solved and you need this thread to be reopened pls pm me/any moderator.