FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dell XPS vs Apple Intel

Which series do you like better?
DELL XPS
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
APPLE COMPUTERS W/ INTEL
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

henrygl
I has recently come to my attention that in the same time lapse, both Dell and Apple have released what could be considered as 'biggies', products expected to sell well. Here I would most like to compare the Dell XPS desktops to the iMac. What do you think? What is your opinion on UI/OS compability? Run Mac on the XPS or XP on the mac?

henry
kiranaghor
I will always go for macintel.
It is rock solid, beautiful, got kool aesthetics and it is something i can flaunt. Dell is just like any other machine.
psycosquirrel
Apples, because Dells suck and always will suck.

While (using BootCamp) Apples can run Windows and Mac OS, Dells will always just run Windows. Mac OS has a lot of apps that come with it or were designed for it that I use all the time, or wish I could use. The whole "ILife" bundle is very handy for movie making and managment of any media, while apps such as Photoshop naturally run better on Mac OS because it is vector-based, and nothing gets pixelized.

Also, Windows XP sucks period. People will say it is good or whatever, but it is an inflated version of 2000 with more problems than any other OS. The future looks bad for Vista also. It is an OS! It is not supposed to REQUIRE 512Mb of RAM and use half or more of that, my games and apps are supposed to use that memory... I don't want to waste critical processing cycles on my CPU and GPU drawing and processing a damn operating system, I want it to all be wasted on the game or application I am using. Stupid Windows...
Xeniczone
Dell has considered making Apple brand computers. The deal with that though is you have to pay a certain percent to Apple for each computer sold.

I picked Apple. Apple hardware may cost a little more but is much better built.

Also running Macintosh on a System not branded by Apple is Illegal.
psycosquirrel
It is also impossible because any hardware other than Apple's is incompatible with their OS Very Happy

Dell might build Macs!???? Shocked Do you have an article on this??? I don't think it is possible, but I could see LOW end Macs going mainstream through Dell...
Xeniczone
Quote:
Dell might build Macs!???? Do you have an article on this??? I don't think it is possible, but I could see LOW end Macs going mainstream through Dell...

LOW END YOU THINK A MAC IS CONSIDERED A LOW END COMPUTER. YOU STUPID SON OF A B................................................................. *takes breath*

Many computer companies have CONSIDERED making Macs.

Because Apple is starting to be a more popular system of choice. Even if some jack ... like you don't say so.

Though Apple doesn't want to end up like IBM they charge a certain percent so that any company can make Macs with out Apple going out of business.
psycosquirrel
I never said Mac is low-end Laughing

I meant that Dell would probably end up making low-end Macs, there is no such thing as a low-end Mac (unless you are talking relatively to the HIGH HIGH OMG THIS COMPUTER IS INSANE HIGH Macs).

I never said Mac was not going mainstream, it already is...

Don't overanalyze me and call me a jackass please, it is misleading to others who might think I meant to imply what you are saying I meant to imply Rolling Eyes
Xeniczone
They do make macs to cover the low end market.

That is why the Mac mini was introduced.

Being relitivly slow compared to the other macs it has a much lower price tag as well.
neosree
Dell Xps really Rocks. You can choose a very great graphics card from Nvidia for this small sized laptop. This is an adavntage I found on it. After costomising this one, I found a powerful laptop with a comfortable size. Really great for gaming too.
nox-Hand
You simply CANNOT compare a Dell to a Mac. It's like putting a train against a spaceship, they do different things!

Apple = Mac + Linux + Windows
Dell = Windoze + Linux

And Dell comes with XP as standard, how crappy is that? Maybe one wishes to have...Linux? Confused

I mean, you cannot compare.. Loads of people do, and people used to buy macs and thought they would get XP... Come on, people, check before you buy Rolling Eyes

nox-Hand