FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php - access root directory

ninjakannon
Hi,

I have just transfered my website to frihost Smile

But I have a problem. On my previous site I had some files stored in the root directory of my web space. So what's the address to the root directory (or the directory that you see as soon as you open your FileManager).

I have the files here for security, so that people cannot simply download or run certain files - yet php files can access them.

Thanks!
ninjakannon
OK, I have tried using //myFile.php and /home/myFile.php.

Both get the following errors when I run my php file from IE (except that /home is replaced with //):
Quote:
Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/MyFile.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/myUserName/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/myUserName/domains/mySite.frih.net/public_html/Dir/myFile.php on line 11

Warning: main(/home/MyFile.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/myUserName/domains/mySite.frih.net/public_html/Dir/myFile.php on line 11

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/MyFile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myUserName/domains/mySite.frih.net/public_html/Dir/myFile.php on line 11

I assume that I am getting the correct file path, so how do I set permissions?
Bondings
Try this: /home/ninjakan/<file/directory>
ninjakannon
Cheers Bondings, that worked great!
mathiaus
problem solved Very Happy

-close-