FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL

twisthigh
I have a problem, all of the posts have been erased from my site, but when I go into MySql they are all there... is there a way to get them back on the site??
martindecorte
Give us more informations.
I guess you are talking about a forum, what forum are you using ?
What did you change since the last time your posts were in the forum ?
twisthigh
sorry, I'm using xmb and what happened is I got hacked, and they deleted all the categories and posts, but when I go in MySql they're there...
twisthigh
Please someone, I really need your help and fast!! Crying or Very sad
Animal
Unless you made a backup of the database before it was hacked, there is nothing you can do - all your posts will have been lost.
twisthigh
But they're right there in the database I can see them and read them all, they're still in the database in my backup and right now, they are just not showing on the actual forum... is there a way to get them from MySql to the actual forum...
Bondings
Well maybe they weren't completely removed, just the references to them.

By the way, are you sure the hacker didn't switch it to a different database?

And it would be easier if you post a link to the forum in question.
twisthigh
No it's still in the same database, and considering what happened I'm not really comfortable sharing my link right now, let's say just the refrences to the posts were removed, is there a way I can get them back?
Scorpio
twisthigh wrote:
No it's still in the same database, and considering what happened I'm not really comfortable sharing my link right now, let's say just the refrences to the posts were removed, is there a way I can get them back?
\

If you are so apprehensive about posting the link, this process is sure gonna cost quite some time

If any mod offers to help, then PM him the details

If you are unwilling to share that, then, well, you have to deal with it yourself
twisthigh
wow thanks, you're really nice, thanks for being so understanding, if bondings is willing to help I well pm him the info I just want to make sure he can before I load up his message box with personal info...
Scorpio
twisthigh wrote:
wow thanks, you're really nice, thanks for being so understanding, if bondings is willing to help I well pm him the info I just want to make sure he can before I load up his message box with personal info...

Ignoring your sarcasm, I ll continue

Bondings is quite busy now a days, so he might not do it so soon

Try PMing any mod who is active

like tidrug, helios, mathiaus or somebodyt

if they are willing to help, then you can send them the details
twisthigh
Thank you, I'll give that a try... Embarassed
James007
scorpio wrote:

What have the mods got to do with a user's forum being messed up?

@thread starter: If you don't want to post a link to your forums, how should someone help you?

James
mathiaus
In your forum folder there will be a config.php file. In there there should be the settings below. Make sure they are refering to your database

Code:
    $dbname         = 'DB_NAME';       // Name of your database
    $dbuser         = 'DB_USER';       // Username used to access it
    $dbpw           = 'DB_PW';      // Password used to access it
    $dbhost         = 'DB_HOST';  // Database host, usually 'localhost'
twisthigh
To James, I never said the mods or frihost were to blame, I was just hoping someone in the community would be able to help me...

To mathiaus, everything is correct in my config.php file, thanks for trying!!
Scorpio
James007 wrote:
scorpio wrote:

What have the mods got to do with a user's forum being messed up?

@thread starter: If you don't want to post a link to your forums, how should someone help you?

James

I think you got me wrong
All i said that you mods were helpful and may help the user solve the problem

Anyway, I refrained from mentioning your name directly
James007
If it is forum (FriHost Forums) related, yes... or if it would be some general matter on which we might be able to help him, we would be delighted. But now the only thing we can do is point back to the forum...

But anyhow, I hope his forum will be restored with help of frihost members.

James Smile
twisthigh
I'm a she... and yeah I hope so too, but it's not looking very promissing, and PS I didn't post it in web hosting support because I knew it wasn't a problem with frihost, I had put it in computer problems, it was Bondings who moved it here... and also, I am willing to share my info, just via PM if someone feels they can really help me...

Just trying to get all that sorted out, lol <3
Bondings
I currently don't even have enough time for quite some important daily things on Frihost, my apologies for this. That's why it took so long.

About your problem, it seems like the forums are gone and they shouldn't be too hard to restore. Let's hope that's the only thing.

What I think is the easiest way to solve it.

1) Change the database password, immediately. Wink
2) Create the same forums again.
3) For each forum (in xmb_forums)
-->Go to the xmb_threads table and find a thread that should be in that forum. Look at the "fid" value.
-->In xmb_forums, change the fid to the one you found. Hopefully all topics from that forum should be appearing now.
twisthigh
OMG BONDINGS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH... Drool don't worry the wait wasn't long at all, considering it WORKED!!! Surprised I got everything back, I have no clue how to repay you I just can't believe it, everything was there, I was sooooo down Crying or Very sad and you just brought me way back up!!! Very Happy I'm so so happy, and thank you so so much... you are just a god Pray , I can't even believe it THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Forever in debt to you xx Wink

Janic
mOrpheuS
Smiley attack ! Laughing

Problem solved and thread -locked-

Please PM any staff member if you need to get this re-opened.

p.s. - Please remember to take regular backups of your MySQL database.