FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Since we can't fight violence with violence...

S3nd K3ys
..what should we use?

Gumdrops?

Maybe what al-Zarqawi really needed was a hug and words of acceptance. And a magician to pull some Hershey kisses from his ear. I bet he would have been a changed man.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/14770139.htm
alkady
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Maybe what al-Zarqawi really needed was a hug and words of acceptance.

Too bad he is dead now, I'll bet Osama will be making a new video very soon. Man if Al heard this I'd bet he'd be turning in his grave.
ocalhoun
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Maybe what al-Zarqawi really needed was a hug and words of acceptance.

Perhaps that wasn't to far from the truth. He must have been doing what he did out of some emotional need. Not that it matters, you'd have to fight your way through a dozen terrorists to do so.
freecitizen
Some times violence does indeed need violence to stop it.. but that creates resentment.. which would then lead to violence unless addressed. Wonderful, isn't it?

This reminds me of something in The Art of War by Sun-tzu, in the very first chapter, the very first thing written..

Master Sun said:

War is
A grave affair of state;
It is a place
Of life and death,
A road
To survival and extinction,
A matter
To be pondered carefully.

Isn't that incredibely simple and wise?
suntzu3500
Almost everything Sun Tzu said was simple and wise. Wink
freecitizen
Simple, yes, but complex and deep at the same time. The Art of War is a wonderful book.

Oh, I just noticed your username.

A fan, I presume?
suntzu3500
Definatly Wink

Back on topic: |Shrugs| Loss of a relative can stir different reactions in people.
Miniwood
I feel sorry for Michael Berg. I saw his son beheaded and it's not an experience I want to repeat, if Nick Berg had actually been my son I really don't know how I would feel. I don't think I would find joy in the death of al-Zarqawi, but I don't think I would be calling George Bush a greater terrorist either. But thats grief and I don't think any of us are experiencing what Michael Berg is going through.

Realistically though not much good will come from this. It's a coup for Bush and Blair with their popularity so low and obviously Zarqawi will not be personally responsible for any more deaths. However we have created another martyr for idiots to rally around and there are people queuing up to take his place.

Without the war, which was wrong, Zarqawi would not have been in Iraq. If the war had been planned properly, Zarqawi would not have been in Iraq. Al-Zarqawi was a psychopathic murderer hiding behind religion but the Bush administration created the ideal playground for him.
selim06
I think it isn't a good thing...The violance disturbs all of the people on the world I think.Zerqawi was the planer of 2 bombs on the Istanbul and killed our citizens...I think there are small amount of Muslim supporters of El-KAide and Zerqawi...We hate them(I mean Turkiye(Turkey).Now the sollutions:
I think they don't interest about it but I want to write:
1.U.S.A should stop killing civils..
2.The other goverments stop supporting terorist organizations(I think they do it by a hidden way)
3.None of Muslims,Christs,Jewishs... should say that It's recommended to violance on the other countiries..
4.The big plan: Great Middle East must be closed because It causes new terorist organizations(people think they will come so we must do sth)
These are my opininons but I think I can't change the World Very Happy
freecitizen
selim06 wrote:
I think it isn't a good thing...The violance disturbs all of the people on the world I think.
4.The big plan: Great Middle East must be closed because It causes new terorist organizations(people think they will come so we must do sth)
These are my opininons but I think I can't change the World Very Happy

The Middle East "must be closed"? Um, what?

If you say that violence disturbs the world then how exactly do you think one should "close" the Middle East?
S3nd K3ys
freecitizen wrote:
how exactly do you think one should "close" the Middle East?

Wrap it in glass... Wink

freecitizen
Aren't you hilarious.

I'm from the Middle East, and I don't appreciate the racism here.
S3nd K3ys
freecitizen wrote:
Aren't you hilarious.

I intend no racism. I (jokingly) intend a nuclear explosion on a land that just happens to have a shit load of terrorists in it.

Seriously, if you don't want to be labeled, you should do more to denounce terrorism (as a people in general)
Scorpio
freecitizen wrote:
Aren't you hilarious.

you may not appreciate them, but the fact is that s4 here thinks he is on top of the world and never looks beyond his own nose

So he has as much idea as to what is actually happening in the middle east as he is in Pluto

So I would advise you to humor our dear member here, and just play along

He really has no clue what he is posting Laughing
HoboPelican
scorpio wrote:

He really has no clue what he is posting Laughing

He types faster than the speed of thought! Laughing
freecitizen
S3nd K3ys wrote:
freecitizen wrote:
Aren't you hilarious.

I intend no racism. I (jokingly) intend a nuclear explosion on a land that just happens to have a **** load of terrorists in it.

Seriously, if you don't want to be labeled, you should do more to denounce terrorism (as a people in general)

Yeah? So, you label everyone, including those that are trying their best to fight terrorism? Whether or not you intend to be racist or not, by "jokingly" wanting to sort of have an international racial cleansing (cleansing the world of those "evil Arab terrorists") through the use of nuclear technology, you're automatically a racist mother f***er.

Whatever.
HoboPelican
freecitizen wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
freecitizen wrote:
Aren't you hilarious.

I intend no racism. I (jokingly) intend a nuclear explosion on a land that just happens to have a **** load of terrorists in it.

.... you're automatically a racist mother f***er.

Whatever.

Geez, I can't believe I'm gonna defend that little gomer S3...dang.

citizen, s3 is a little kid who still is working his/her way to adult views. He wasn't being racist, he was trying to be funny. It came off poorly, but that is no reason to call him a racist MF. Call his view warped, childish, ignorant, etc.
A silly slur isn't gonna help him grow up.
freecitizen
You're right, he is ignorant, and I shouldn't have been as childish as him by calling him a mother ****er.
HoboPelican
freecitizen wrote:
You're right, he is ignorant, and I shouldn't have been as childish as him by calling him a mother ****er.

Laughing It's understandable. Wink
tidruG
-locked-
1. Replies' quality going down the drain.

2. Please avoid flaming. Not liking a member's post or finding it in poor humour isn't reason enough to use obscenities.

Edit : Removed the "1. No sources", don't know how I happened to miss that link.