FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem

bluffmango
I couldnt upload new files some weeks back and still cant som 1 mentioned my my files have crossed the space limit BUT i m tryin to delete some files and folders to free up soe space BUT i m not being able to do so and i dont know y....It gave the following error when i tried to delete a directory.....

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]

wat to do
Animal
Have you tried deleting all the files inside the directory before you delete the folder?
bluffmango
i tried that too.... and somtime back i deleted a file from the server but my negative diskspace value doznt seem to be getting affected by my deletions...i m not being able to edit or upload new html files those i try to edit lose their data.....plz help quickly
bluffmango
bondingz i want u to fix my account u said it was cuz of the space i have utilized but i dont think so .... tell me wats the possible solution i m not being able to delete stuff as well so where shud i gooo
Bondings
Well the easiest thing would be to remove your account and create a brand new one so you can start again. The new one should be working fine.
bluffmango
Would it effect my files and all that???? and how long wud b my websites downtime??? if everything will b fine and my website wud be running fine after u do so ..then plzz do it ass quickly as possible n do let me know abt it...plz Thank you
Bondings
bluffmango wrote:
Would it effect my files and all that???? and how long wud b my websites downtime??? if everything will b fine and my website wud be running fine after u do so ..then plzz do it *** quickly as possible n do let me know abt it...plz Thank you

Yes that's the problem, all your files would be gone in that case and you'll have to readd them. The downtime would be the time it takes for you to reupload all the files.
bluffmango
Bondings i got a big prob here..u know i have dialup over here and i uploaded these files frm ma university and it took me abt a week to upload all the stuff.. and i dont have backup for these files as well can u plzz plzz do me a favour and transfer these files as they are to my new account plzz. coz its not possible for me to take a week to download and then again upload all this stuff.......Soo.......plzz if possible do it ...