FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hamster Lovers?

xeszline
Hi!
I'm Xeszline and a hamster-lover!

Anyone here likes hamsters?
I have 3 winterwhites and one campbell dwarf..

If anyone likes to discuss about hamsters, just PM or reply my post..

My hamsters really love eating and play. One hamster of mine, I named him Vincent, really enjoy climbing up my arm back and forth and to my other arm. He's so cute.. Too bad he's too active to be photographed. I had lots of problems making him stay still so I could get a good picture.. Vincent is the active hamster..
His brother, Greybee (so named because of his grey "b"utt) loves eating. He doesn't care anything else than food. But he's so cute and his color is peachy golden, like his mama (eaten by a stray thiefing cat).
Another winterwhite of mine is already bit old and is named Aoi (Japanese of Blue) because he's a sapphyre winterwhite. But Vincent is even bluer than Aoi. I just liked Vincent, somehow..

OK.. Just contact me if you'd like to talk about hamsters..
j3uk
I have a Syrian Hamster, just ordinary coloured, however, with super-hamster abilities. When having building work done, it was running free then began climbing the un plastered walls!

I was pretty amazed to say the least. The hamster was fine until it got to the ceiling which is when it let go. (It was caught before it hit the ground).

Also, Do you let your hamster out in the Garden? I keep Gerbils, and during the summer they have a Run in the Garden and seem to like it. Have tried the Hamster, but it tends to cower or eat excessive amounts of Grass.
THE11thROCK™
My little hamster's name is crizzy.

BTW, my little sister always watch the hamster anime, Hamtaro. Twisted Evil
teh_razz
xeszline wrote:
Hi!
I'm Xeszline and a hamster-lover!

Anyone here likes hamsters?
I have 3 winterwhites and one campbell dwarf..

If anyone likes to discuss about hamsters, just PM or reply my post..

My hamsters really love eating and play. One hamster of mine, I named him Vincent, really enjoy climbing up my arm back and forth and to my other arm. He's so cute.. Too bad he's too active to be photographed. I had lots of problems making him stay still so I could get a good picture.. Vincent is the active hamster..
His brother, Greybee (so named because of his grey "b"utt) loves eating. He doesn't care anything else than food. But he's so cute and his color is peachy golden, like his mama (eaten by a stray thiefing cat).
Another winterwhite of mine is already bit old and is named Aoi (Japanese of Blue) because he's a sapphyre winterwhite. But Vincent is even bluer than Aoi. I just liked Vincent, somehow..

OK.. Just contact me if you'd like to talk about hamsters..

Surprised obcession !

when i was little i had a hamster too but i didnt love it as much as you do yours Mad
sugarbox
Hamsters are cute ^ ^ . I like them too.
xeszline
Wew..

My hamsters are getting naughty. I think they're on the heat. All of my hamsters are male. Some are separated and some are on their own. But they're really getting easily irritated.
And one really liked to bite my finger when I'm not looking. Hehehehe..
Guyon
I love hamsters too! ^^. They are so cute and cudily and make me want to squeeze them or poke them....lol!

These are my hamsters! (Some are in a squeaky wheel in the sky) but I still really liked them and will always remember them

1. Misty
2. Snowball (the maniac)
3.Shadow
4.Spot
5.Peanut
6. Buddy (MY FAVORITE)
7. Fiesta (Party animal "places to go people to see")
8. Ace (Newest member of the hamster family)

Misty was a hamster I got when I was about four or five on a misty night and that is how I got her name .Misty was a naughty hamster at first, she bit me a lot. My Dad didn't want her because of her bitting habits. Then, I gave her one more chance. It was one of those miricles. She became the sweetest, and most caring hamster EVER! Once I saved her life. She escaped and didn't understand that it could've cost her life. One day she left and my Dad searched for her EVERYWHERE! He even tore open our piano! It was a whole week of searching for my first furry friend until I was down in my basement one day, and I heard some scratching and knawing. I asked my dad to come down and hear it in the furnace. He couldn't hear a thing. So......I asked my Mom and she also heard a thing. I KNEW she had to be in there. I almost cried, so my Dad opened the furnace and there she was living on only water for a WHOLE week! I was so happy she lived for a long time. While she was lost we got a new hamster because we had lost hope in her! The MANIAC Snowball!

Rachel - To be continued......
Guyon
Snowball Was 100% a WILD THING! Laughing when I got her, she was sleeping and was pure white. She looked like a snowball. Also I got her while it was snowing. That is how i got her name. She entertained me. She was nonstop hyper and fun! When I'd go to bed, the wheel she ran on wouldn't STOP! Squeek Squeek Squeek! ALL NIGHT! and when she wouldn't go on her squeeky wheel, whe climbed her cage! She was like spiderman! except she is furry and doesn't have a costume! She got on the roof and hung upside-down! She would climb on the cage and shake it too! One day, she shook the side so much, if I wasn't there, Snowball would've shook the cage off of the Dresser!!!! If I tried to hold her, she would jump off of my hand and find something else adventurous! She would escape and open the cage several times! I am soooooooo surprised she had survived all of those times............ She is also another part of my life!

Rachel - To Be continued
Guyon
Peanut was a brownish hamster that almost looked like a peanut. She was just the sweet, lovely hamster that you would dream to have. You could hold her, play with her, do anything and she was sooooo nonchalant about it. She was a hamster that kept cool if she ever had a problem. Unfortunatelly she only lasted about half of a year and I don't have a lot to share about her because of her short amount of time living...... Crying or Very sad , but if i can think of the positives, I can still talk about my other Hamsters for even a LONGER time! Very Happy She was a nice hamster.

Rachel - To be continued
Guyon
Shadow and Spot were 2 nice hamsters that only lasted for 3 weeks at the most! Crying or Very sad *Sobs* sooooooo................I don't know a lot to tell you about them... I miss them...even though I didn't know a lot about them, or their personallities as well as i wanted.

Shadow was a hamster that had a light gray color. He was my First male hamster. he was a lot more mysterious and you couldn't tell what he was thinking....... the one thing that I also remember him for was that he was a "poop factory" he went everywhere. THIS is a hamster with a very very very small blatter Laughing Laughing Laughing ! He went here there and everywhere! that is where he got the nickname "poop factory". He was a nice hamster and it was very nice knowing him....

Spot was a hamster that died without me even knowing her personality,or special trait that made her special........ I got her name because she had spots ALL over her! she was white and had black spots. The only thing I got to see her do is get adjusted to her new house, eat, and go to the bathroom. (at least she diddn't go as much as Shadow)lol Laughing

They were both nice hamsters and will remember them..........

Rachel - To Be Continued......
Guyon
My next hamster was Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite hamster EVER! Very Happy He was brown at the top, white at the bottom, and had black streaks and stripes around his really cute face. His nose never stopped going! Nobody could EVER replace someone like BUDDY. He was the bestest buddy you could ever have (P.S. I know that the word "bestest" isn't even a word, but I am talking about Buddy) I got the name buddy because I knew from the beginning, he would be my favorite buddy. I am thankful that I got him. I wanted another hamster, but someone was already purchasing the hamster that I desired. SoOoOo, I got Buddy. We did so much together. Every moment he wanted to play. He would wake up before I even did (around 6:00- 6:30A.M.) just to play with me! and at night, he would wait near the door that I would open to let him play. He just sat there waiting for me to come over..... We played a lot of games. We put Buddy in a Sketchers box and He would pop up and down. So my family and friends called it the "talking box". We would have the box open up and he would say things (in our imagination) and then we would say it out loud if it was funny! We also pretended that he had a small beach house, and my family would watch him play in his beach house( it was actually a build-a-bear box but, it was like a house for him...we wrote his name on the adress and I colored the box just for him!) we also played the circle game. My brother, his friend, my dad, and I would play a game where we have our feet streached (almost in a split or as far as our legs would go) and he would run around the circle and do all kind of things! and sometimes climb over our legs and tickle us if we didn't have long pants..... I could just hold him forever and he would stay with me. Smile We had many memories. When he would escape the cage, we would have a whole search party because my family knew how much he meant to me.Buddy did also cute memories: Such as he'd climb the stairs! (which were almost as tall as him), we put him in a car (It was a hamster car! It was so cool!), He went into a hamster ball, and a lot more. Buddy meant so much to me. When I went on vacation, I had a neighbor watch him, and while I was on Vacation, he passed away.... Crying or Very sad, my neighbors were so nice that they got me a new hamster that looked similar to Buddy. His personality was VERY different than Buddy's. He is Fiesta, the Party animal! I will miss Buddy soooooooooooooo much you were always a good hamster Buddy!

You were The BEST HAMSTER I could ever have!

Rachel - To Be Continued
Guyon
Fiesta was MY party animal! That is how I got his name. I didn't even get to pick him out. My neighbors took care of Buddy and he died, so they were nice enough to give me Fiesta. Fiesta looked similar to buddy. He was brown, white on the bottom, and had black stripes (the stripes looked a little fainter and he had less than Buddy) when he was a little older, he looked a little bigger than Buddy and he had A BIG BUTT!!!!! Laughing When my friends would come over they would say "aww look at how cute your ham......Woah! what a BIG Butt" Exclamation Fiesta was really cute! He was sooooo much fun! when we wanted to play with him he'd sometimes come out, but even when he would go out he had "places to go and people to see". Fiesta also entertained me....... Such as: when we got a new cage, He was a little uncomfortable and when he went down a latter, he flipped off the side and made it a game! Also, when he thought we got a new cage that we wouldn't feed him. So, he took the whole food dish and stuffed it in the pouch in his cheek. He would TRY to go into his home but couldn't fit.... Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing
He also had escape parties on holidays. He left on Independence Day! Laughing What? isn't a hamster allowd to be free every once and a while? Laughing lol, he also left on Turkey's day! (a.k.a. Thanksgiving), and he also left on my Grandfather's birthday....... and the scary part is he is perfectly fine, and that he ONLY left on holidays, or birthdays...... Shocked (no offence Fiesta but that was a little creeeepy!)
Fiesta was ok at climbilng the steps..... it wasn't one of his special talents, but one of his special talents, traits, or personalities was being a party animal...... I mean there was only one hamster in there, right? Sometimes I thought it was 5 Exclamation ! Exclamation Fiesta would squeek squeek squeek on the wheel and flip his unused pee-dish! he would run up and down the stairs and would jump up and down. IF he would come out of his cage, it was hard to hold him he was "Mr. Busy".

Sometimes, he would look for a mate, and since all of my hamsters would go on my steps, he smelled the female hamsters and then he would rub himself up and down a step or steps..... Laughing Fiesta was a very different hamster

Fiesta even had a PARTY of his own! We invited the neighbors that watched Buddy and he had a party! we gave him a peanut because HIS LIFE was also devoted to getting peanuts!!! Laughing Everyone except Fiesta had cupcakes, and we sang to him (of course he was always so busy soooo he didn't even pay attention).

Well, Fiesta got a log and loved it! he slept in there and ate in there, and sometimes people in my family would ask me "is that furball still in there". I diddn't even have to look. I would reply "he is in his log".

Fiesta got sick one day and he wouldn't eat or drink......he was that sick :-& Exclamation We couldn't do anything about it..... he passed away a few weeks ago Crying or Very sad and I will ALWAYS remember him! He is up in a better place right now and some day I will be up there with him.....but for now I am writing about how cool he was!

Fiesta was buried on a rainy day......

I'll miss you Fiesta!

I have them all buried somewhere........ down in the woods (except Buddy we buried him in the back yard because he was special) They all have a brick above them so we can remember that was where we buried them. I can't talk about any other hamsters because I don't own any anymore, but I can start one in the future. After my vacation, I will get a new one my parents promised me.But until then.........this is it

Rachel - To Be Continued...... ??? Question Who knows........
Game Fortress
My sister has a hampster. Those animals are spazzes somtimes. Strange fat little creatures...
Soulfire
Hamsters aren't bad, but I've never been a guy for rodents.
jeffsolodky
I had like 6 hamsters when I was young. They would live about a year and were the greatest pets. The only downside to them, was that whenever you would handle them they would always poop on you and pee on your clothing. But they rarely bite me, maybe 5 times total, out of 6 years of different hamsters.
Sorcier
A Syberian one, so little. I had 2 other amster after him, and a rat, 3 cats, a bird, a bat!!!

Now I have only my 3 cats (mother and 2 sons;-) and sometimes another one (the father)
I love all the pets of the world
Guyon
Hey, It is to be continued! you can read more of my Hamster stories!!!!!
Yeah, and I am SuPpOsEd to get it soon!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! I have a list of names: (This is going to be soooooo cool!) Please give me your suggestion(s) of names or a name YOU have had a hamster had, or just a cool name in general.

My List of favorite names:

Ace
Angel
Daisy
Bandit
Comit
Eco
Ginger
Oreo
Patches
Princess
Pumpkin
Twinky
Twist
Vinilla
lightning
Caramel
Chibi
Dusty
Domino
Dream
Pepper
Junior
Magic
Rusty
Ziggy
Waffles
squeeker
Magic

My hamsters previous names:

Misty
Snowball
Shadow
Spot
Buddy
and
Fiesta

Thank you soooooo much I appreciate this tremendously! If you don't suggest, I can't continue my stories!!! Crying or Very sad Thank YOU!

Guyon and Rachel!

To be continued....... (I think) (Probabally) Laughing Very Happy
Guyon
IT IS CONTINUED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I have a new hamster!(you can still tell me which name you prefered) His name is Ace. He is really cute!!!! I had trouble last night picking out which hamster. There was this really cute other hamster that was tan and very nice (I would've named him/her Twinky. Laughing ) Both Ace and Twinky were very nice hamsters. I got to pet them and see which one I liked more. Well, it turned out obviously, they first started out a little spooked, but I was fine with that. Twinky was the one who was more scared. But there is another reason that I got Ace instead of Twinky. There were these two hamsters that always were hyper. They smelled Ace's butt, and ran him over on the hamster wheel. Well, It turned out that Ace was nonchalant with the butt thing, If I could read his mind I would think he'd say "whatever dude, Could you please stop (and walk away calmly)". and the wheel thing...... Not so pretty. Laughing Well, there were three hamsters in that cage (including Ace) that liked to go on the wheel. The other two hamsters were "wild things". When they got on the wheel when Ace was on it they started running to their heart's content. He did flips, turns and flew Laughing. It isn't funny now, but when you'd see it, my family started bursting a gut. I said "He could've joined the circus anyday." Soooooooo, somehow, he got on top of the wheel, and the two hamsters got on it and ran at full speed, and I felt really bad for him. I asked my Dad "Can we get it before it dies?". and so we got Ace. Then another problem came. I looked at my list again, and saw the name Trooper and echo. Then, came the problem. I didn't know what hamster name to give it then.... Crying or Very sad..... so, I desided to think deeply about it. Trooper was an alright name, but even though he went though his circus acts and pain with the two hamsters, Trooper didn't fit him. So, then I thought of Echo. Echo or Ace. I pondered it over and over. And I thought I liked Ace more because it was on 7/11. and those are lucky numbers. And Ace is a lucky card in games. So, I desided to name him Ace! He had a black body with a white stripe, and around his eyes was 1 milimeter of white. When I put him in the car all he did was dig (he probabally was looking for fluff). So I got home. and the moment I picked him up, he looked at me with a warm heart and was proud and happy to call that my hamster. He was a little afraid and almost jumped out of my hand, but he was a good hamster. We set him in his cage and he took a tour (he only looked at the first floor. There are three floors) and he looked at his food and then his house. There is a small crack and he went in there. My whole family laughed, except me. My mom said "What a looser". I gave her a glance showing her I don't want her to say that again and she hasn't. He liked his house. I stared at him and he stared back. I went downstaires for a small snack and then I saw him up on the house in a comfy position ready for bed. I laughed Laughing He was very different. Some of my hamsters were afraid so they pooped a lot. Laughing Anyway, he didn't do that. Also, he didn't cry. If they make a hiccup sound, that usually means he is crying or is afraid. I was also proud of him because in the middle of the night he went all the way downstairs and went on the wheel. and found the log and pee dish. I am surprised to see that he isn't afraid of the wheel compairing the two dimwit hamsters that hurt Ace. The first song he heard on the radio was "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. Yeah, this is the first couple of days with Ace

OK, I am sorry but you will have to keep looking at my Ace stories, because I will add them about once every fun story! Look at my stories every 2 weeks. There SHOULD be a new one..... Unless if he hides in his little log, eats and sleeps. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing I have recently discovered the wonderful personality of Ace. Very different from the rest. He has an aditude problem! LOL! Well, to prove it, I do vaccume every Friday. Woo Hoo! How much fun.... (Ugg...) So, I turn the vaccume on and Ace was sleeping and he Absolutely LOVES his chew stick. So I start the loud Machine up, and I look at him. He stares meanly, and then Threw his chew stick out! I laughed out Loud for a while. He also is afraid of the unknown. (reminds me of my brother. Afraid of Everything and won't try it until I ask him a BILLION TIMES to do it.)Anyway, he doesn't want to come out. He wants to stay in his house. But, when he comes out, He really has fun!Well, Ace is becoming a BIG sweetie! He is not biting me anymore, and he is volunteering to come out! And we are having new adventures too! ^-^ We make a little cozy home out of tapes (you know, the tapes to record stuff and shows on tv!) It was soooooo cute! He had his little home. and the funniest part was, he LOVED it! I fed him some corn, and he put it in his pouch and in the tape indent, he put his corn and it was organized! LOL it was soooo cute! He didn't want to come out! I really like him and his adventures! Maybe he will be like my Buddy <3 my favorite hamster in the WHOLE wide WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He also has been like a "buddy" to me (if you haven't read my hamster story on my favorite hamster named buddy, you are missing out on some great adventures and excitement.) He tried to bite his way out of the cage to play with me.He is also waiting by the door for me like buddy did. So, you will just have to find out and stay tuned and listen to find out if he becomes the new "Buddy". (I doubt it but stay tuned!)

Today, he broke his wheel. (I think he played with his bad boy friends at the pets mart too long. either that or he hit his head too many times at the store LOL). we had to fix it, and Hopefully he won't break it again.

~*+ NEW PART ADDED TO MY STORY COMING SOON! +*~
Last time edited: 9-9-06
Well, Ace Today is in a hamster race at petco! If you want to see it is at 2:00 if you want to cheer him on. Yeah, well anyway, we've been training him for a week now, and he is becoming swifter and stronger. Wish me luck and as soon as it ends, I will be editing it!

YAY GO ACE!

that is my recent writing, wait for some new stories of Ace and Me!

Rachel

To be continued--Well Yeah!!! Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing
Guyon
sorry double post
triggerhappy
those where good stories about hamsters you should write a book someday about your furry friends

anyway about me i used to have a hamster but he croked on the ride home Crying or Very sad i was so mad that i wanted to start globel cooling cus the summer killed it after that i didn't get any hamsters but your stories in courge me to get another hamster, thank you Very Happy
Guyon
triggerhappy wrote:

anyway about me i used to have a hamster but he croked on the ride home Crying or Very sad i was so mad that i wanted to start globel cooling cus the summer killed it after that i didn't get any hamsters but your stories in courge me to get another hamster, thank you Very Happy

That is so sad! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad You Should get a new hamster! They come in different personalities. Like my first one was a sweetheart. My second was a wild thing. My third was cudddily, my fourth was mysterious. My 5th????(Well, just like you, sadly enough passed away about in a week) Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad My 6th Just the PERFECT hamster you would EVER WANT!!! Very Happy He was my Buddy! My 7th was A Party animal (had places to go and people to see). My newest one, Idk I haven't had him for a week yet.

Sooooo anyway, all of them have different personallities and at least one of them would fit you. Go get a hamster! they are cute and cuddily! (also at different pet stores you get to hold them and find out which one fits you) Since you probabally haven't had a hamster in a while, If you need any questions, I can help. Very Happy

P.S. Thanks for the book of hamster ideas. I would've NEVER come up with that d'oh!

Rachel
fashioncrimewave
i had several hamsters in college. when living in a small dorm room or apartment they made great pets. let's see if i can remember them all.

Petey - boy golden hamster
Huey - boy golden hamster
Mischa - boy Siberian hamster
Scooter - girl Siberian hamster
Beaker - boy fluffy golden hamster
Henry - boy golden hamster
Fred - boy fluffy golden hamster
???? - can't remember his name? - boy grey hamster, but normal sized
Benita - girl black bear hamster

this was all in a span of about 6 years. after this my wife and i decided we needed to get a dog instead, since they live a long time. now we have two dogs. Smile
christianksurfing
In the UK it’s illegal to be an animal-lover but not sure on hamster-lover? LOL only joking

I was always given hamsters as pets by my parents but rats make excellent pet as they are more intelligent and have more personality and love hugs big time try one
indeedwrestling
christianksurfing wrote:
In the UK it’s illegal to be an animal-lover but not sure on hamster-lover? LOL only joking

I was always given hamsters as pets by my parents but rats make excellent pet as they are more intelligent and have more personality and love hugs big time try one

Hamsters are such unique creatures because you can train them to do so many different things. For instance, I used to have Hamsters that could juggle. They couldn't do it very well but it was pretty impressive. The toughest part is finding gloves that will fit on their hands. Otherwise, they're prone to getting blisters which is a whole mess unto itself!
Guyon
christianksurfing wrote:

Hamsters do have very different personallities.(i know I spelled that wrong but for now I'll leave it that way.) If you read my other stories, you will DEFINATELY notice that hamsters have different personalities. For examples, my first hamster was a wonderful friendly one. My second wanted to excape every second of his life. I love pets and I study them carefully. So...... Maybe you didn't notice it, but they could've needed different attention, or no attention at all.

What different kind of personalities do rats have?????
william
I don't have a hamster, but I'd like one. They're really cool. Also, they can be trained to do a lot of cool stuff. They're also fun to play with.
Hammy
wow Guyon,

You got quite some stories there lol. I just sat n read them all now Razz. very interesting Smile. It's a shame your hamsters dont live forever, you seem to get really attatched to them, and enjoy their company loads.
I seen this thread and thought, Hmm i might get a hamster. But i have a dog, and i dont really htink i have the time for them. Blame the internet for that lol.
I havent held a hamster in ages, and i dont know anyone with one Sad
I'm sure you'll keep us posted on how your hamster is doing lol Smile

Hammy.
Jaime
I don't like the rats... Confused
Game Fortress
My sister owns a hampster. It is a strange little creature... They are alot more personable than gerbils or mice, and they seem to be a bit more durable as well. Its fun to watch it charge our cats whilst running in it's plastic ball. It seems perfectly oblivious to the fact that such a cat would LOVE to "play" with it, but hey, thats what makes it so funny. Hampsters are pretty cool all in all... They look a bit like mini geunea (or however you spell that) pigs, but in a cuter way.
hrtorrent
When I was child I got my first hamster for birthday. My father build him big habitat. One day he escape from habitat and neighbor dog got him, but he stay alive but with big big wound. After few months he was totaly recover and I decide to buy one more hamster.
After few week new baby hamster was born. Few weeks after another three baby hamsters was born. After that I must to separate them Laughing .

Hamsters are perfect pets!!!
Guyon
hrtorrent wrote:
When I was child I got my first hamster for birthday. My father build him big habitat. One day he escape from habitat and neighbor dog got him, but he stay alive but with big big wound. After few months he was totaly recover and I decide to buy one more hamster.
After few week new baby hamster was born. Few weeks after another three baby hamsters was born. After that I must to separate them Laughing .

WOW! You'd NEVER think after a dog bit him, that he'd ever last! You were very fortunate and lucky that day! Very Happy . Wow 5 Hamsters! That would be so much fun! Laughing But, It was probabally somewhat expensive to pay for the cages for the other hamsters. That would be a BLAST to have 5 hamsters. Sometimes my hamster doesn't want to play, so It would be REALLY cool to have a better chance to play with a hamster... LOL.

Hamsters are PERFECT pets!!! I agree 100%
hazaramat
hrtorrent wrote:

I cannot completely agree with that.
I had a hamster, and it got a beast (blood-drinking skin beast) from the cat of my brother (this cat was mentally deficient, but we'll discuss that in another topic).
the beast was a cat beast, not a hamster beast: ok for a cat, too big and too scratchy for a hamster.
So the hamster scratched, and scratched, and then removed his own hair by too much scratching, and then got a cold, and then he died.

That's why I don't thing hamsters are perfect pets: they can't stand any cat beast which drinks blood and scratches too much. I kept telling him "stop scratching, by god's sake, for your own safety", but he pretended to not hear, like an adolescent.

So adolescents are more like perfect pets to me: they don't hear what you say, like hamsters, but they can stand a cat beast, and usually like their hair, and don't remove it by scratching. Furthermore, even if they removed their hair, they don't die of it because they can wear hats.

Try to put a hat to a bald hamster dying of a cold, and you will understand hamsters are not the perfect pets.
jasmine
I love hamsters!

Unfortunately, I don't think I can have some for pets since I already have two dogs. And cats from the neighborhood come to our place once in a while. Sheeesh!

The little critters might not be able to survive. Sad
CreepingD
Don't want to know how far this 'love' for some of you goes Razz