FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Default DNS And Gateways

UnikeViruz
Does anyone have any information regarding something to send a request to the client to get the Default Gateway and DNS for the computer? I'm tryin to see if I can find anything anywhere and It's not going so well otherwise I wouldnt be typing this. If anyone knows anything please reply I can pay you a few $FriH for information because I really need this and without it my project is useless..
LethcanAernis
Hello,
What kind of Operative System will you ask for Default Gateway and DNS?
DNS you mean what DNS server the client ask or what DNS name the client have?

You want to do a script that collects this or manually check in your LAN?

more information please.
If you have login script on your computers you can let them run a script that runs ipconfig /all and pipe it to a text file on a share and you will have this information. If your clients run DHCP you can check in the DHCP server what default gateway and DNS they should have.
UnikeViruz
im just tryin to make a script that when they visit the website it will get their default gateway and dns servers they use for the internet on any os...nothing really specific cuz i want it to work for every visitor if this is possible?
LethcanAernis
DNS should be close to impossible to get from a visitor that visit your page, unless you send them a fiole that execute a command and send you the data etc.. not a solution.

Gateway could probably be possible. Since you ahve the visitors IP-Address you can trace route back to the IP and take the hope just before the IP and assume that is the default gateway (at least back to the client) Smile
LethcanAernis
Your webpage will only know as much of the user as your visiting webbrowser will give you.. the following is in the user agent for IE

Mozilla/MozVer (compatible; MSIE IEVer[; Provider]; Platform[; Extension]*) [Addition]