FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

whats your download manager???

kawkazEE
the best download amnager ive ever used was the IDM internet download manager. what it does is that it chunks the file that your downloading into multiple parts so that it will be smaller and what more it could be to download a small file. after all the chunks of file has been downloaded it will automatically append all those chunks of file into one. and your ready to use it. but just like every other product theres a disadvantage. by the time that it chunks the file. it uses multiple connection each chunk has its own connection. and not all of the host allowed multiple connection for security puposes. but its only a small one coz i even seldom encounter it. hehehe Laughing Laughing Laughing
paul_indo
I use Getright 6.

I've tried some others but I like Getright the best.
exarkun
The turbo DownThemAll that was a part of firefox extension is already enough for me...
photon
use only flashget. more than enough for me. and its even easier to use thru firefox with the flashgot plugin
Freezon
I haven't used much download managers, although I have used Getright Download Manager in the past and really didn't notice a significant speed increment.

Do download managers actually help enough as to spend some cash on one? Anyone know of a good free one? I am running a 728kbit line (DSL) and haven't noticed download managers helping; though I haven't used one in some time. Maybe they only make a difference on a slower or faster line than I currently have? I really have no idea. Anyone that has used one for an extended period of time, please give some feedback.

Thanks guys,
Freezon
Indyan
Flashget.
IDM is good. It integrates wonderfull with opera (and all other browsers), but it lacks some features.
Animal
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33792&highlight=download+manager

Please search before posting.

-close-