FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FLASH IT!!!

kawkazEE
designing a website is no joke! it takesa lot of effort specially when the client wants the best of the best. hehehe """ Laughing Laughing """ thanks to flash! flash gives me an edge when designing websites not only that it makes the content dynamic you dont have to worry about displaying a blank page just beacause your page hasnt loaded yet. with flash you can use preloaders so that the user will have an eyefoe of how long will it take and whats happening or does it even load. after its totally loaded every single page that you browse will appear without loading anymore coz what flash did was to load all the page first. so instead of having you client walk away beause it was disappointed about your web more and more will patronized it. flash also supports the various technologies on the web specially XML. and its scripting langauge the AS is much familiar like the one most often use the javascript. the syntax and structure are almost thje same so for javascript coders it wont take you so hard. even i started using it and the only thing i knew that time was html. so now you know next time youl be designing a web content... FLASH IT!!! of cors you can still use your own way but dont you think integrating all of them well be awesome.... by the way ive tried it with PHP and it works just GREAT!!! Laughing Laughing
GB
Uh, thanks for the plug?
Donutey
search engines cannot "see" flash, so instead of your client walking away, they'll never find your site in the first place... (if the site is all or most flash)
Scorpio
Also, one other important SEO tip..

Never ever write text in your site like the first post in this topic

That is the easiest and simplest method to put off even your best customer
Michael B
I think you have missed a very important thing, a lot of people disable flash, because it is plain annoying. Or don't or want install it. As for haveing preloaders, you have turned a lot of people off. The last thing I want to do when on the web is look at a silly preloader.

Flash has it purpose but as with anything not plain html or css it carys the use with care recomendation.
Michael B
I think you have missed a very important thing, a lot of people disable flash, because it is plain annoying. Or don't or want install it. As for haveing preloaders, you have turned a lot of people off. The last thing I want to do when on the web is look at a silly preloader.

Flash has it purpose but as with anything not plain html or css it carys the use with care recomendation.
Michael B

bigdbag
I think search engines can read flash material now, am I correct? I think google said did something about that.
Hobbit
Who knows, but I recently went into a forum about flash, and it gave a lot of tips on how to get search engines to read your content, so if you know what you're doing then it shouldn't be a problem.
ivanegues
Maybe you can give the alternative to you visitor in a fast loading page to select a fash version or not. (ofcorse that it is double the work)

just a thought.
Marston
Donutey wrote:
search engines cannot "see" flash, so instead of your client walking away, they'll never find your site in the first place... (if the site is all or most flash)
Owned.
Sappho
Marston wrote:
Donutey wrote:
Owned.

Only ones that got owned are you 2 and thats by a blissfull ignorance and absence of knowledge. You know making Flash visible to search engines isn't all that hard, but it sure is harder than saying Flash is invisible let's forget it.
Marston
Flash is a poor choice for websites anyways, and donuteys comment works on two levels; on an SEO level, and on an accessibility level. FYI, screen readers can't read flash.

So you can keep your stupid blissful ignorance and absence of knowledge comments to yourself. Maybe think before you're rude to someone.
Sappho
Marston wrote:
Flash is a poor choice for websites anyways, and donuteys comment works on two levels; on an SEO level, and on an accessibility level. FYI, screen readers can't read flash.

So you can keep your stupid blissful ignorance and absence of knowledge comments to yourself. Maybe think before you're rude to someone.

Yep i am rude there is no point denying that i am just getting really tired of all these arguments that were here long time ago and most of em are not valid anymore but yet still these Flash 'haters' go on and repeat and repeat and repeat... before they had to go and relearn the facts, couse you know what facts yesterday aren't the same as today. :/

And again, FYI readers aren't needed, Flash can easily do the same thing when the site is created with that in mind. But whatever, i think i am going to retire from these Flash posts anyway, so you can enjoy the absence of my rudeness. Wink
Kyoushu
bigdbag wrote:
I think search engines can read flash material now, am I correct? I think google said did something about that.

If you're flash website integrates XML or something, then it's possible.
Jeff_vella_leone
flash just is cool, ammasing and can make ppl get interested in a site
rather than the clasic way and layout templates flash can make the site original and more user friendly
apart from its disadvantage flash is much cooler than any others
if i want quality il choose flash not normal styles
in fact im making my own site in flash and when ppl will c it they will remain Shocked
its gonna be something like this : http://www.2advanced.com/
do nt tell me its not a cool site Wink
polarBear
Look, the truth is that
a) Flash websites are quite easily adaptable to be SEO friendly, and
b) Flash websites can also be read by screen readers, provided the movie doesn't reload or move too much and the texts are marked as 'accesible' when you make the SWF.

Where I work we actually test our production versions against JAWS and a sort of google-in-a-box (google mini against 200.000 random samples) to make sure about both. Free advice: if you want to talk about anything, get informed first or face the chance of looking like a dope.
Jeff_vella_leone
good job with ur work polarBear
if u can give us some examples of ur work it would be cool thouh