FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AMFPHP

kawkazEE
ive been working on trying to integrate flash and php, the first solution i find is to concatenate the result in php by adding a special delimiter between each record and then split the record base on the splitter in flash. but the main problem was it taking a long time specially when the record is too long before flash can display it as a record. till i came in to a site that uses amfphp, instead of using the old method when you pass a recordset to flash from php it is still a recordset w/out having to split it, so all i have to do is directly set it as the dataprovider for my components. amfphp has a video tutorial in their site but the problem is that it is not as friendly as it should be to newbies.... i mean if a beginner for the first time use will not be able to understand. maybe its one of the reason while few of web developers are using it. and those few were in the internet down years ago. its not bad to develop such thing but my point is that they should consider which of which are going to use it. if someone knows a better tutorial about amfphp or even a better alternative solution to my problem please do share. Laughing Laughing
nikolic
Just continue troubleshooting, and not under deadline... AMFPF works well, but note that it does so for native actionscript datatypes like text or arrays. It is not meant for abstracted data such as movieclips.

Just revisit your application design and go through step by step.

Hope that it helps.