FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I graduated... Wow...

ehecatl
Holy crap! I'm done with high school...

Five years ago, when someone asked me, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" I would have answered, "Graduating high school," or "done with school" or something like that... It was a sure thing, one of those things that you just thought was a no brainer... like, duh...

Someone asked me today... "Where do you see yourself in five years?" And you know what I said? I stared at the person and said, "You know what? I have NO clue... I could be done with college, having kids, be married... I could be dead! I don't know..." And we all sat there for awhile... Just pondering, thinking about the real world... Thinking to ourselves, "Where WILL I be in five years?"

We're grown up and out of high school now. Our whole lives are changing. We're realizing how big the world REALLY is, seeing the opportunities and the downs of the world. We're moving off to bigger places, and seeing bigger things... We have our whole lives ahead of us... Our goals aren't just to get through high school anymore... Some of us don't even HAVE goals... Questions now aren't "Am I gonna pass this class?" "What class should I take next next year?" "Am I gonna graduate?"

Questions now are "What am I gonna do with my life?" "How am I gonna make my life worth while?" "Where do I want to go in life?" "How long will I even be alive?" Okay, maybe that last one is a little dramatic, but you get the point...

Our school lives, no matter how long they seemed, were only a SMALL part of our worlds... There aren't some odd number of teachers and adults to look out for us anymore. Our lives are our own and WE have to make the best of them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Congradulations Class of 2006, and good luck in the real world. I hope y'all, and myself, succeed in life.

P.S.: WE STILL HAVE A SUMMER TO ENJOY!!! ^_~
briancoit
Congratulations!

Finishing school is an amazing feeling, its what you do afterwards thats stressful Laughing

I left school 4 years ago, wasnt sure what to do, and ended up going to uni. 4 years later, I'm still not sure what I really want to do, both career-wise, and in general! I have my dreams... its just making them happen thats the problem.

Any idea's what it is you want to do? (really pushing for idea's here, LOL)

Whatever it is, good luck Smile
ehecatl
briancoit wrote:
Congratulations!

Finishing school is an amazing feeling, its what you do afterwards thats stressful Laughing

I left school 4 years ago, wasnt sure what to do, and ended up going to uni. 4 years later, I'm still not sure what I really want to do, both career-wise, and in general! I have my dreams... its just making them happen thats the problem.

Any idea's what it is you want to do? (really pushing for idea's here, LOL)

Whatever it is, good luck Smile

Oh, I definitely know what I want to do, I just don't know how I'm gonna do it... I'm going to a tech college to get degrees in web development and graphic design and then I'm gonna try to get a job doing those to save up money to go to a college and major in french and history. Maybe in France! ^_^
kam311
Congrats! My best years came right after high school..feel free to get in trouble - it makes things interesting
ehecatl
kam311 wrote:
Congrats! My best years came right after high school..feel free to get in trouble - it makes things interesting

lol, I'm sure I will! As long as it's legal trouble though, as I am already 18... >_< lol
Hobbit
I'm going to be a senior next year so I don't know what you're talking about. I'm afraid I'll cry seriously haha. Crying or Very sad
ehecatl
Hobbit wrote:
I'm going to be a senior next year so I don't know what you're talking about. I'm afraid I'll cry seriously haha. Crying or Very sad

Surprisingly enough, I haven't cried yet... I don't think it's REALLY hit me yet that I won't see or talk to most of those people ever again...
Liu
Life only gets harder after High School. Sad
ryanh2006
Hello and congrats Very Happy I will, hopefully, graduate from college with a degree in marketing in the Fall and I can't wait to see where life will take me! High School was fun, but college has been a completley different ball game! Word of advice, just relax and have fun doing whatever you want to be doing! Sounds kindda obvious but you won't belive how messed up some people can become after being pressurized into choosing a major that they hate, or being stuck studying for a career that just doesn't suite them. So enjoy the summer, celebrate, and have loads of fun doing it!
twisthigh
wow congrats hun, I so happy for you... I just finished my first year of university and it was so much fun... I'm sure you'll love the freedom... I took psychology and it was soooooooo much fun I couldn't believe it!! I found it really interesting, the only thing that bugged me is all the other classes you hav to take... ah well... have fun!!
alkady
Congratulations, You just reached the start of your golden years. Now you are free to do what ever you wanted. Lucky you, Your finally going to experience the true meaning of being free.
Helios
Liu wrote:

True.
godam64
congratulations for you mate Smile
good bye and so long for high school, now you'll spend your time in college or in the cruel world. i hope you got your good luck. Wink
selim06
congratulations
I hope so you will get a good job and increase your life style and web designing levels. Future is still in the Internet I think...Congrats again
BTW:I think there should be a Celebrity Forum ...We have great members so we have a lot of thing to celebrate... Very Happy
Code of Ruin
Liu wrote:
Such pessimistic thoughts and you're not the only one. Life after a high school is great. You get more freedom and more responsibility. I seriously would disencourage getting into trouble as the trouble you cause now tends to catch up with you later.
First enjoy the summer which you have plenty off. (I went wrong somewhere as I don't get time off till 14th of july). Think of what you're going to do with your life. But for now just CONGRATULATIONS.
Scorpio
Join the gang, ehecatl,

I too graduated from high school a couple of months ago

and though I am battling for admissions to colleges, it does give me a sense of satisfaction having accomplished something I ve been doing for almost 15 years..

And I am sure looking forward to a good future ahead//

Enjoy yourself
kelhamcrisis
well done mate.

i'm almost finished at uni now. two weeks to go and i'm almost a qualified lawyer. just 2 years on the job and i'm there... although what i've now discovered is that it's easier to look for a job than it is to get one!!!!

maybe i should stick with my band instead.

anyway, all the best to you. my advice is just work hard for what you want and you'll get it.
ehecatl
Thank you very much to all of you for your love and support! ^_^ And not-so-support, in some cases, but yes, I haven't even had the ceremony yet and already I realize that life will get harder... But where's the fun without the challenge?
freecitizen
Congratulations.

Make sure you plan ahead. And don't put yourself in a mold. You can never be 100% sure of what you want to do with your life -- or, at least, how you're going to do it. Keep your options open. Work hard. Enjoy the small things in your life. Find happiness.

*hug*

It's always so confusing after High School.
Axl Horse
Pray There is a saying that: “The higher raise of the tower, the louder it will hit the ground when it is fall.” Just sharing you with this thought and I know you are a strong and smart person. Good luck.

Nyizsa
Helios wrote:
Liu wrote:

True.

NO! The fun is just about to start!
Personally I hated high school. And also graduation didn't fulfill my hopes. Or were they too much? I was thinking for four years that "When I graduate, the whole world will be different and my life will change and everything will be better and..."
So, one day I graduated. And guess what? Nothing happened.
But the university! University is cool. The parties, the community, everything!
Also when you start working, you earn some money. We say in Hungary that salaries are "too few for live, but too much for starving to death". But certainly has one advantage: you don't have to drink cheap wine anymore! You can buy your favourite beer anytime, and so on.

So, congratulations! Your life has just started. Cool
rajhank
i also graduated from high school some months ago but finding a university is a problem for me.
Alienz
Congratulations to you. All the best in what ever coming Laughing

I has one more year to go Sad
quixotic
I graduated a year ago, and it's definitely been interesting for me. ^_^ Well, I didn't actually graduate. I was half a credit short, so... no reunions or alumni association or anything for me. Sad Which makes me really sad. Everyone was especially curious about where I'd be in 15 years, and now they'll never know. ^^;

The personal freedom is a whole new game, really. Even if you were allowed to do whatever you want, there was still the restrictions of being a high school student, but now you're like... uber free. Though it's a bit scary, too. There's so many options, and you can do whatever you want, so you really have to KNOW what you want.
KMKM
Congratulations buddy!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Right now you must be feeling on top of the world... and yeah it is natural... but caution... plz dont become careless abt ur future... do more hard work.. and reach the heights... this is just the first step u just crossed....
A whole ladder is left... isnt it?
Whatever you do in the future... make sure you are the best at it..... then practically noone can stop you from getting all the fame , money and satisfaction you ever require.....

Congrats once again

Kudos!
~KMKM
jayandsilo
what the heck, why do you graduate in the US in the middle of the year?
Duncan Idaho
Mabye you should go to college. Im going to be a senior next year, and isnt high school 4 years? You said 5....
ehecatl
jayandsilo wrote:

Because our school years start in august/september and go through may/june. So for us, graduating in the middle of the year is graduating at the end of the SCHOOL year. Which just makes sense ^_^
aerialdreams
Ahh, you are soooooo lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I'll be stuck in high school for TWO more years! I really don't think i'm gonna survive... I HATE it! Confused
Code of Ruin
ehecatl wrote:
jayandsilo wrote:

Because our school years start in august/september and go through may/june. So for us, graduating in the middle of the year is graduating at the end of the SCHOOL year. Which just makes sense ^_^
It just isn't fair. My year starts in september and ends in july. You have like a month longer holidays then me. Oh cruel world!
@Aerialdreams: If others can survive high school so can you!
Vrythramax
Liu wrote:

So very true...people expect much more from you as you are now considered on the road to maturity....which is not to say you aren't already mature, just that people will see with different eyes and expect more from you.

Caongratulations on your achievements, and best wishes for your continued success. Smile
Mithrandir
I'm getting ready to graudate on the 15th and I am so excited. I don't think it has fully set in how big this is though. I've always just imagined that life would go on with me in high school, living with my parents with college on the unreable horizon. But alas, here I am a mere two and a half months before embarking on the collegiate journey. I'm not sure how I will react to graduating though. I'm sure I'll be out of control hyper followed by intense depression!!
Giroodle
Congrats!! Very Happy
planetasian
Congrats!! 5 years sounds like a long time but it actually pass by very quickly! i'm looking forward to my university graduation next year Very Happy
ehecatl
Thank you all for taking to time to read my post and reply ^_^ I appreciate it ^_^ And the last couple years have bben so fast that I'm afraid that if I don't get my butt moving my life will happen without me! >_<
Code of Ruin
ehecatl wrote:
Thank you all for taking to time to read my post and reply ^_^ I appreciate it ^_^ And the last couple years have bben so fast that I'm afraid that if I don't get my butt moving my life will happen without me! >_<

John Lennon once said that life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. He might have been a nutcase at some points in his life but I think he has a point here. Some people never can make up their mind about what to do with their life. And life flows merrily along. They miss much of life. So, whatever you decide to do, don't let life pass you by.
ehecatl
Code of Ruin wrote:
John Lennon once said that life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. He might have been a nutcase at some points in his life but I think he has a point here. Some people never can make up their mind about what to do with their life. And life flows merrily along. They miss much of life. So, whatever you decide to do, don't let life pass you by.

I don't plan on it! ^_^ I know what I have to do, and I'm getting a job pretty dang soon here to make it happen ^_^