FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Real Body Found at Fla. Fake Crime Scene

glennesau
Quote:
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Truth proved to be stranger than fiction for a high school criminology class investigating a fake crime scene when the students discovered a real body during a field trip.

Teacher Sue Messenger had been creating mock crime scenes with fake skeletons and other evidence for more than 20 years to give students in her forensics courses a firsthand look at what crime scene investigators do.

On Monday, however, 29 students from St. Thomas Aquinas High School got more of a jolt they expected when they discovered the real body in Fort Lauderdale's Holiday Park.

"The first thing we thought was, 'That's a real good dummy she set up,'" said student Juan Cantor, 15.

"I think they kind of went into shock and disbelief," Messenger said. "What are the odds that we would be out here?"

Police on Tuesday identified the body as David Wayne Bodie, 45, a homeless man who apparently died of natural causes.

----------Comcast.net Strange

Wow that is strange, I feel bad for the guy. The kids even thought that the teacher was in on the whole thing. I remember back in jr high we did the same thing in our science class, learning how to take finger prints and how to match the ink form a pen or marker, but never came accross a real encounter. I hope that the kids wont be scard for life due to this.
alkady
Well I'm suprised that the kid is reconsidering his career path, being a CSI means experiencing the very same thing he just experienced. Every CSI must have seen atleast one dead body,
cfackler
It can never hurt to start getting real life experience in a field of occupation