FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Woman Finds a Live Frog in Her Salad

glennesau
Quote:
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - A woman eating at a Burger King restaurant in the Netherlands found a live frog in her salad, the company confirmed Sunday.

"What's happened is that one of our guests Thursday evening found a frog in her salad. She went to the manager and showed him the frog. He saw it was there and that's a fact," said spokeswoman Christine Frey.

Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad quoted the customer, identified as 23-year-old Astrid Roek, as saying "it was a big black thing, a frog or a toad."

She said she found the amphibian while halfway through her meal at the Burger King restaurant at The Hague's central train station.

"I stood up and screamed the place upside-down," she told the paper. Roek has submitted a complaint to the Dutch Food and Wares Authority, but is not expected to sue for emotional damages or punitive damages in the matter: large compensation suits are virtually unknown in the Netherlands.

"We know that everybody sues everybody in the United States, but Holland is not like that, it's not how it works here," Frey said.

Frey said the company had given its excuses and is trying to figure out how the frog got into the salad.

It appeared likely it happened between being packaged at the restaurant and when the diner reported finding it.

Frey said the company's basic salad supplier was confident the frog was not in the large, vacuum sealed bags of salad the restaurant receives.

"The fact is _ it's in the process of how we prepare our basic salad _ it's just not possible a frog will survive," Frey said.

Any frog would likely have been killed by dicing of leaves or refrigeration, but certainly by suffocation in the bags, she said.

She said she couldn't speculate about whether it just hopped in while the salads were being prepared, or had been placed in the salad by an employee or customer as a gag.

"We just don't know how it's happened, and we have to be careful what we say," she said.

Frey said she did not know what happened to the frog following its discovery.

--------------Comcast.net Strange News

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm frog salad. Now I have seen and read about strange things that you can find inside your food, but a frog tops them all. Well there was that finger that was found in a wendys chillie, but can you imagine seeing a frog laying on your salad?

I know that people like to eat frog leggs cos people say that they taste like chicken. So next time you are at your local burger king, check that pickle in your burger, it may look green, but it could also be a frog. lol
The_Gamer294
Roald
Is this really world News?
Quote:
"I stood up and screamed the place upside-down," she told the paper. Roek has submitted a complaint to the Dutch Food and Wares Authority, but is not expected to sue for emotional damages or punitive damages in the matter: large compensation suits are virtually unknown in the Netherlands.

"We know that everybody sues everybody in the United States, but Holland is not like that, it's not how it works here," Frey said.
This is funny, I live in Belgium (that is close to the Netherlands) and it would be funny if someone would ask a compensation for something silly like this.
Rsam
Frog tastes like chicken, no? Not that big of a deal, I wouldn't eat there again though.
alkady
Strange story I tell you, she not even suing which is new to me. But she probably put the frog in. Its impossible for it to survive the manufacturing trip.
Soulfire
Agreed that it's not world news, but still quite comical. Or the lady who found a chicken head in her chicken nuggets! Psh, and they said McDonald's was using synthetic meat...
Vrythramax
I wonder if they checked her purse for other reptiles? Just another case of trying to make a fast buck....I don't believe a word of it.
Lord Klorel
yuck a frog in my food.

I get chicken skin of this. I tought that the food will be checked on this rubbish. Parently NOT.
I hope that the restaurant will stay open, because the health inspection will search from top to bottom until this case is cleared.
em0o
I guess Burger King is going organic? Actually, isn't frog alright to eat but not toad? I remember hearing that toad urine is poisonous but maybe its just certain species like there are frogs.
Frogs definitely do taste like chicken except it is more lean.
damj
CaChing .... that should be good for $27.9 million ... oh wait, it was in the Netherlands, so it should be good for a new salad.
Vrythramax
em0o wrote:
I guess Burger King is going organic? Actually, isn't frog alright to eat but not toad? I remember hearing that toad urine is poisonous but maybe its just certain species like there are frogs.

I like chicken (prepared in most ways), so I like the idea that frogs taste like chicken....not that I am going to go out and buy/cook some frogs...just that I am not comfortable with the thought that my chicken tastes like frog instead of vice versa Wink
damj
Vrythramax wrote:
em0o wrote:

I like chicken (prepared in most ways), so I like the idea that frogs taste like chicken....not that I am going to go out and buy/cook some frogs...just that I am not comfortable with the thought that my chicken tastes like frog instead of vice versa Wink

If something tastes just like chicken, then why not just eat chicken ... and it frog tastes just like chicken, then what came first, the frog or the tadpole? These questions are making my head hurt.