FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost server status checker

Schmarvin
Umm, this may have been suggested before, but I don't care, I think someone should make a script for it. There needs to be a page where we can check the status of the frihost servers so when one goes down, we know which one and we don't have to complain "What happened?" or "Why is my site down?"

Okay, this, if done, will remove alot of the "What happened?" and "Why is my site down?" threads from starting. Also, it will give the staff time to sit down and post an announcement on it.

Anyone agree with my idea?
mOrpheuS
Schmarvin wrote:
Umm, this may have been suggested before, but I don't care

Aww ... please do.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22687
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30219

Schmarvin wrote:
I think someone should make a script for it. There needs to be a page where we can check the status of the frihost servers so when one goes down, we know which one and we don't have to complain "What happened?" or "Why is my site down?"

Okay, this, if done, will remove alot of the "What happened?" and "Why is my site down?" threads from starting. Also, it will give the staff time to sit down and post an announcement on it.

Anyone agree with my idea?

Any downtime is announced in the forum's Announcements section.
If server 2 is down, one can learn about it from the announcement.
If server 1 is down, the FRIHost forum is down too ... and there's no place where one could possibly start the "What happened?" and "Why is my site down?" threads. Razz

Also, a separate server status page will not really stop people from starting a zillion threads inquiring about the downtime.

p.s. - A server status page might just be in the pipeline, but no rigid time frame can be guaranteed. Wink
Schmarvin
Umm...okay, but whats the first link have to do with my idea, his was to email people, mine is just for a page. Which either a red/green online/offline page for the servers. Like say the mysql is down, then it would have a red light by it or say "Server is Offline"
ocalhoun
I thought I found a server status page in my website's control panel...
*tries to find it again*
*finds it*
If you're on directadmin:
1st: log in
2nd: pick any domain
3rd: in the 'advanced features' section there is a link worded 'Server Information' click it.
4th: View the informaiton there. This is what it looked like on 6/8/06, 11:56 EST
Code:

Processor Name AMD Sempron(tm)|| Processor 3000+
Vendor ID|| AuthenticAMD
Processor Speed (MHz)|| 1792.204
Total Memory|| 1019240 kB
Free Memory|| 14596 kB
Total Swap Memory|| 1052248 kB
Free Swap Memory|| 946004 kB
System Uptime|| 12 Days, 6 Hours and 13 Minutes
Apache|| 1.3.34 Running
DirectAdmin|| 1.27.2  Running
Exim|| 4.60 Running
MySQL|| 4.0.23 Running
Named|| 9.2.2  Running
ProFTPd|| 1.2.9  Running
sshd||  Running
vm-Pop3d|| 1.1.7e  Running

That ougta do it, don't you think?
I suppose it would be convienient to have a direct link to this page, but it's fine the way it is.

The quick way I tell is that my sigs are on server 2. If my sigs don't load server 2 might be down, if frihost dosen't load, server 1 is down.