FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Seagull Is Hit by Pitch

glennesau
Quote:
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Seagulls shouldn't fly between Bisons and Bulls. One of the birds had the misfortune to learn that during Sunday's Triple-A game between the Buffalo Bisons and the Durham Bulls. The seagull was struck by a pitch, carried off the field by a player and later flew away.

The Bisons were batting in the bottom of the 11th inning when the seagull flew between the mound and home plate just as Durham reliever Jason Childers released the ball.

The ball knocked the seagull to the ground. Ramon Vazquez swung and missed, with the ball getting away from the catcher. Since it was a third strike, Vazquez ran to first and was thrown out.

Umpires conferred on the bizarre happenings and ruled play should have stopped as soon as the bird was hit. The bird beaning was captured on videotape by the stadium's camera crew during the Bisons' 3-2 loss in 16 innings.

During an exhibition game in 2001, Randy Johnson threw a pitch for Arizona that killed a dove as it flew in front of the batter.

In 1983, Dave Winfield, then with the New York Yankees, threw a ball that hit a seagull at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto. Winfield was charged with cruelty to animals, a charge that was dropped the next day.

-----------Comcast.net Strange News

Maybe the Seagull just wanted to get a "Birds Eye" view of the game.. lol In my personal opinion yes the game should have stopped and well anyone who gets charged for cruelty to animals, the charges should be dropped since it is not their fault that they hit the bird. That would be like playing catch with someone who has no glove and the person with no glove breaking their hand because they caught the ball with no glove, and then tring to press charges for assault. It's not gonna happen lol.
damj
That's amazing ... I thought that was a local story ... I'm amazed at the world wide press this story is getting.

Yeah, they take sports REEEEEEEAL serious in Buffalo .... yessirreeee
cfackler
My friend saw this movie...he said it was amazing to see.
The_Gamer294
Vrythramax
if the bird didn't but a ticket I can understand him being thrown out of the stadium....but assault is going a bit too far Laughing