FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Escape Velocity, anyone?

Saber
I was just going through somn egames that I have played in the past and came across one called Escape velocity. This game is a 'space adventure' I guess you could say and I find it amusing. Your able to do different plot lines, buy ships/weapons/trade goods/etc and go planet to planet...

I cant really discribe it verywell but if you want to look up about it heres the third of the three (Escape Velocity, Escape Velocity Override, and Escape Velocity: Nova) http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

My question is how many of you out there have played/are playing it?
rightclickscott
Oh man, this was one of my favorite games of all time. EV Nova is on my desktop right now. I beat the first one through and through, and I played tons of awsome plug-ins for Override, and I heard there was supposed to be an online version in the making. Can anyone clarify these rumors!?
ForceRun
Yeap EV totally rocks, back in my Mac playing days I played the orginal EV. You can do what ever you want, and with all the different plugins you can make any story you want. Next came OverRide, which had a large galitic war going on and it was earilier in Earth history. It had a better game engine, and 4 times the size of universe. And now we have EV Nova still bigger map, more races, more ships, better graphic and game play, and six main story endings. It's price cann't be beat, if you are reading this go to http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/ and DL the demo, which is the full game, just has a 30 day limit or such.

You can be anyone fly, ship, and/or fight. In a 2D that make the flying simple yet fun. It has tons of replayablity, just no Multiplayer. I personal give EV: Nova a Ten out of Ten it is just a sweet game.
rightclickscott
ForceRun wrote:
Yeap EV totally rocks, back in my Mac playing days I played the orginal EV. You can do what ever you want, and with all the different plugins you can make any story you want. Next came OverRide, which had a large galitic war going on and it was earilier in Earth history. It had a better game engine, and 4 times the size of universe. And now we have EV Nova still bigger map, more races, more ships, better graphic and game play, and six main story endings. It's price cann't be beat, if you are reading this go to http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/ and DL the demo, which is the full game, just has a 30 day limit or such.

You can be anyone fly, ship, and/or fight. In a 2D that make the flying simple yet fun. It has tons of replayablity, just no Multiplayer. I personal give EV: Nova a Ten out of Ten it is just a sweet game.

We didn't need a review, because it's awsome anyways! I can't believe I found more EV players, we need an online version, AMBROSIA!
Saber
I know that some time back people were trying to find a way to mkae plugins that would make it mlti player.. I think that failed tho... I bet AMBROSIA knows how cool an online version would be but jsut think about how much more code, and server space... and support, and everything... But we still can hope.
joxang
Definitely one of my fav games of alllllll time. You don't understand how happy I was when it came out for PC...
Saber
haha I know what you felt like. at Home I have both mac and PC, normaly pc for gaming and my mac for work. But when im at college I cant bring both, so yah... EV for pc = goodness.
Saber
sigh.. I think im going to cry....

It looks like they have decided to make nova only multi player with their playing cards...
also the fact that David Dunham has publicly said this to answer the question of if EV will ever be networked;
Quote:
"Unfortunately, no. This is a frequently requested feature, but the work that would be necessary to create a "common" universe would be the equivalent of writing the program again from scratch."

and that means its up to the people who love nova to do it on thier own.

also, just wondering, what do you think nova was written in?