FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

china&japan~

gelbosten
the two nations are neighbors,and they have being communicated for at least 1500 years.
but as we know,they are hostile each other now.
how do you think of their future?
mtoni
MWoaaah hard one..
I'm not very familiar with the environment between those 2 countries.
Just let Japan make the anime and let china make the hightech stuff Smile
whplace
Well it is said that the asian countires will unite one day .......... To become the strongest power of allt ime..........

I hope that happens

whplace
Otis
Japan has remained as neutral as possible since WW2.
Rightfully so.
soulman
this is the problem of forgive and unforgivable... the only thing we hope is one day all the nations and races could become one...
awesty
not become one, becuase then we would have 1 person in charge of the world. Terrorists would get confused when they realised they were bombing themselves, and would it be a third world country or first world? because there would still be those poor places in africa and other places in the world Confused
Liu
awesty wrote:
Terrorists would get confused when they realised they were bombing themselves,

Wait, they aren't doing that right now?
awesty
Liu wrote:
awesty wrote:
Terrorists would get confused when they realised they were bombing themselves,

Wait, they aren't doing that right now?

yea, well... there wont be any more USA for osama to bomb Razz
Senshida
I think that China will try to get invade Japan within 20 years or so. And since Japan signed a military contract stating that they have to rely on America for protection, America would have to help and end up in a war with China.

Also there are many differences between Japan and China.

1) Chinese say: 你好。= Ni hao. = Hello.
Japanese say: こんにちは。= Konnichiwa. = Hello.

2) Chinese Use only Symbols
Japanese use Chinese symbols (Kanji), and 2 alphabets. (called syllabaries, Hiragana and Katakana)

3)Chinese people have to memorize thousands of symbols.
Japanese only have to memorize about 1400 symbols. (and when they read the newspaper, they have little letters of their alphabet so if they don't know the symbols, they know what it says)

4) China has never won a war against a European Nation
Japan has won 2 wars against a European Nation (Russo - Japan War, WWI)

5) China = Communism
Japan = Democracy

6) China was seperated into spheres of influence. (influence of England, France, Portugal, Russia, etc)
Japan had a sphere of influence in China.

7) China has more people.
Japan is more crowded.

Cool China has less technology.
Japan, most hi-tech country in the world. (in the cities, not in the countryside.)
soulman
Quote:
I think that China will try to get invade Japan within 20 years or so. And since Japan signed a military contract stating that they have to rely on America for protection, America would have to help and end up in a war with China.

Never suppose a war between two nations and races. one day everyone shall enjoy the peace but this goal is based on everybody's wish and hope within our planet.

I don't expect a war between China and Japen, and I don't expect a war that America would involve either.

There are many people still suffering and starving in our planet, and there are many people still dying under the terrorist's strike. we should have less blood and cropse but more peace.

Besides, I don't really think china dare to invade any nation to against the western union. but JAPAN seems really likely to start fight by few of their announce includes the Yasukuni Shrine events bacause of the help of US.
Sephz0r
I would say it's China and Korea that are the most hostile at the moment... Japan has been the neutral body, as said, since WW2
windrei
after viewing all those posts above, i can understand that all are non asian people................... i cannot say all are incorrect. But some are really incorrect........ you guys better do some researches before posting such things.......... it's not fair to both nations and the asian countries.
soulman
windrei wrote:
after viewing all those posts above, i can understand that all are non asian people................... i cannot say all are incorrect. But some are really incorrect........ you guys better do some researches before posting such things.......... it's not fair to both nations and the asian countries.

well..... I am a chinese.... although I study aboard...
Vrythramax
those two cultures have been at it for so long I don't I don't they even know what the orginal arguement was about in the first place. IMO a confrontation between the two is "someday" going to be ineveitabe.

One can only hope cooler heads and reasoning will prevail.
Mamsaac
it's difficult for people out from that area (china, japan, korea) to be giving a good opinion on the subject without really studying the situation and not only talk about what we see on the TV.
nhuabo
gelbosten wrote:
the two nations are neighbors,and they have being communicated for at least 1500 years.
but as we know,they are hostile each other now.
how do you think of their future?

China will not intervene other country if it is not intervened.
China is a country with great ballance.
achowles
I very much doubt that military action by either against the other is at all likely. It's also unlikely that their leaders will agree to put their past behind them.
skygaia
It's not simple to answer the question. Because there are many reasons there.
As you know, Chinese people can never forget the invasion of Japan in WWII. And Japanese people think it is just past. they are so far far awy to understan each other.

and the other hand, there is a hegemony about Asia between China and Japan.
Japan is getting close U.S to keep its hegemony about Asia. And also U.S is getting close Japan against China. Unfortunately China is the only country which can say "no" to U.S.
There are very complex political environment between China and Japan.

So it's very difficult to be getting close each other ....
leat397
I am Chinese.
The most unforgivable thing that japanese did in the past of course the invadsion....but more importantly, the Japanese not only think it is the past, but seriously take it was NEVER an invasion!

Recent news were showing that in their education system, from very young ages of the children which they are tought that the invasion did bring the Chinese a hope especially to the poor...the textbook only shows the smile of the people when receiving the food from them..it never tells the children Japanese did massacre and rape the chinese.....

Obviously, Japanese want to cover and beautify the past....but they dont think such act would further worsen the relationship between China.....

my english is not good but i hope you guys would understand what I typed...
Lilystock
Most countries I know of don't talk about their worst actions in History at school. By worst action, I mean those they are really ashame of. All have hiden agenda.

It's true for France, for US...

For Japanese, it may be even mor difficult as they have this "loose face' culture.

I don't know politically, but I would say that economically, the 2 countries work a lot together and need each others. Indead, if they want to have wars, it would be WW3, but I don't believe in this 'cause economy is what ruling the world today....
Vrythramax
I agree that talking is most important here, it's the start of the real peace process....on the other hand I can understand Chinese hostilty after the Rape of Nanking (please excuse me if I misspelled that).

What the Japanese did there was totally unforgivable...and some kind (I can't imagine what kind) or reperations should be made by the Japanese.
windrei
soulman wrote:
windrei wrote:

well..... I am a chinese.... although I study aboard...

you should better return to China and understand the real situation. Do not just watch the news from newspaper and tv.

i read your previous post again. Maybe you are too idealistic. You wanna peace, so do i, but country leaders are not the same........ political decision is always very difficult to understand.

Personally, i don't think China will invade Japan, because it's too irrational. US will enter the war (with an excuse of solving the problem...) and help Japan (the one being invaded ). And don't forget there is a trouble place called Taiwan... which the government is against the central China government now.. Besides there are 2 countries in between, the North and South Korea... of course, the North Korea will support China. But for South Korea, she will be in an embrassed condition...
aerialdreams
Lilystock wrote:
Most countries I know of don't talk about their worst actions in History at school. By worst action, I mean those they are really ashame of. All have hiden agenda.

It's true for France, for US...

For Japanese, it may be even mor difficult as they have this "loose face' culture.

I don't know politically, but I would say that economically, the 2 countries work a lot together and need each others. Indead, if they want to have wars, it would be WW3, but I don't believe in this 'cause economy is what ruling the world today....

I agree with this... in reality, both countries can't afford to have a war now, because too much is at stake. It's a really delicate situation right now, and the leaders better be cautious or something catastrophic is gonna happen. The best situation is one where the two countries can make peace and work together, but considering the greed in this world now, I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.
yaashop
i'm living in china and i knew that chinese ppl r really in hate of japanese, on the other hand their still accept jap's culture and do business with them. i knew that it's all because jap's invasion to china ling time ago, but past just a past. you cant blame other ppl but their acestors did right? just my opinion anyway.
alkady
Sephz0r wrote:
I would say it's China and Korea that are the most hostile at the moment... Japan has been the neutral body, as said, since WW2

Your Forgetting Japan is the Reason why they are hostile. Come on Japan is obviously the one provocking them with their War Shrines in honor of War Criminals. Plus it was obvious that they where the aggresor and still refuse to admit it completely.

They are the ones that have these textbook that whitewashes their hands by claiming that the war was some sort of accident.

They claim that the great rape of Naijing never occured like Iran Claims the holocaust never happened. They also claim that all the womens that where forced into sexual slavery where actually prostitutes and that the slave laborers where actually prisoners.

They make it look like they are the victims because they got nuked. But yet they dont even compensate their victims like germany does, But instead state that they compensated them throught the loans and economical benefits that they give to those nations and also reject all cases reguarding force labor and so on during WWII.

Another thing is, It takes half a century for them to remember some of the true victims of their past.
38club
mtoni wrote:
MWoaaah hard one..
I'm not very familiar with the environment between those 2 countries.
Just let Japan make the anime and let china make the hightech stuff Smile

me too same opinion with you
matttai
Alot of non-asians do not understand the reason behind the hostility between the nations. To put things into perspective, China is angered because of the Japanese provoking them by visiting a war shrine to convicted war criminals. As stated in previous posts Japanese history textbooks also neglect to mention the role Japan took in WW2 as an aggressor in Chinese territory. In fact they mention themselves as an innocent victim of the war!

By western standards had the Germans pretended that the holocaust had not happened and honored Hitler as a great person half the world would be in uproar! So please do no plead ignorance to the past, it is not about forgiving, it is about acknowledgement and apologising which the Japanese have not yet done.

Hostility between Japanese and Koreans are also for the same reason as Japanese have conducted military operations against the Koreans in the past.