FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

live-in or married?

live-in or married?
live-in
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
married
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 8

kawkazEE
in this kind of generation, what do you think is the best?

live-in or married??

many prefer live-in coz many dont want commitments on the other hand like me i prefer married.

what yours?
Portland
marriage because you (or the other one) don't walk away when problems appear. you want to make it work, talk and solve issues.
HoboPelican
Walking away MAY be a good idea in some situations!
I prefer a combo. Live together for awhile and really find out how compatable you really are, then, if you an still stand to look at your partner, get married!
darrenpaul
I'd agree with the above, I don't think anyone should run into marriage, cos inevitably its not going to work out if is rushed into. But I would have to say marriage is the best way after that, it is the ultimate commitment one which I feel should be made.
simp
shack up or ship out. marriage is just a prison designed by women, for their own benefit.
Tac-Tics
simp wrote:
shack up or ship out. marriage is just a prison designed by women, for their own benefit.

= False.

The above posters have it. Live in until you know they are livable. With the divorce rate we have here in America, it's better you just break up before hand, escpecially if you're not up to the challenge of coping with your relationship's shortcomings anyway.
Varo
Tac-Tics wrote:
simp wrote:

= False.

The above posters have it. Live in until you know they are livable. With the divorce rate we have here in America, it's better you just break up before hand, escpecially if you're not up to the challenge of coping with your relationship's shortcomings anyway.

If you think about it the live in the before getting married thing may be what is driving up the divorce rate. Think about the divorce rate in your grandparents generation it was far lower then today's rate. People then didn't live with someone before they married or at least it wasnt too awful common. So my answer is I still think it is best to get married rather then live in first.
HoboPelican
Varo wrote:

If you think about it the live in the getting married thing may be what is driving up the divorce rate. Think about the divorce rate in your grandparents generation it is far lower then today's rate. People then didn't live with someone before they married or at least it wasnt too awful common.

There are a lot of things that have changed in our society since my grandparents got married. I wouldnt be to quick to pin the divorce rate on people living together. Just as an example, this research claims that No fault divorce is a predictor.

http://patriot.net/~crouch/adr/nakonezny.html
Quote:

The researchers found that no-fault divorce
laws had a significant positive effect on the divorce rate across the 50
states.
girlcalledjay
My husband and I lived together for several months leading up to our wedding. We were happy and working hard and spending time together. I started to wonder if there was any point in getting married since we practically were anyway.

The morning after our wedding I woke up feeling quite different. It was unbelievable.

I felt more in love with him, more loved by him, happier and more secure than I had the previous months when we simple lived together.

Three years later I still feel the same way.

I know that we have made a committment to stick together no matter what and love each other always...and it's fabulous.

I love being married.
The Conspirator
Ir youre religus or philisophocal prinsable say you should, do it. But uf they don't. Whats the point?