FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Practice FriHost Forum.

Hogwarts
I think that it would be a good idea to have a practice forum for people. It would be similar to the current one but it is in a subdomain/directory and it would have all PhpBB and all the mods this forum currently has on it. This could help to stop new members posting just things like "I'm new here" in the general forum and help weed-out low quality posters before they have the chance to post nonsense on this board.

The general point of this is that it teaches new people how to behave on the Frihost forums before they go do anything stupid on them. Then it will reduce the amount of low-quality posts on the forum (from new memberss) and make frihost a better place.
Sunny
I don't think its a good idea as it will only complicate things more and I really can't see how it can stop spam.
Animal
This has technically been suggested before:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-38695.html

This is a bad idea for several reasons. Primarily, if people want to use Frihost, they have to be able to contribute to the community, join meaningful discussions and enjoy the forum - by creating a "newbie" forum, new users would not be able to do this, and they would need to wait a while before they could use the "good" forum. The result of this is that the users would not come back, the ad revenue would drop and therefore Frihost would become less able to supply you all with free web hosting. We will never create a two-tier forum system.

If you see users posting spam like "I'm new here" please PM any mod - that is what we're here for.

Otherwise, this is a bad, unpopular suggestion and it will never happen.

-close-