FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stem Cells

chargoyle
While there is a big controversy over stem cell research, whether embryos should be treated as humans, there is another battle going on in the scientific community, that is between embryonic stem cells and adult (somatic) stem cells. Places such as NIH and Wikipedia have some very objective articles on the subject. Personally, I feel that the entire science is in its infancy and any claims of miracle cures and major reparations to peoples' bodies seems quite far off. But, overall, it seems that adult stem cells hold more promise because they will not have an immune system effect, there are no ethical conflicts and such therapies have been used for years. FRIH$ for your thoughts?
Otis
I agree with you.
Claims of 'miracle cures' is a very misleading thing to say.
I think the science holds quite a lot of possibilities but is being treated too liberaly.
Seeing as how the embrio is already dead, I don't see it much different than a cadaver .
ocalhoun
As adult stem cells are more productive, easier to obtain, and more ethical, why do people insist on continuing research on embryonic stem cells?