FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ZoneAlarm Pro 6.5

orcaz
ZoneAlarm has juz updated to 6.5. However, I had lots of problems after upgrading to it. Firstly, the Close Program popup to close ZoneAlarm always comes up when I shut down. It prolly is unable to terminate itself on shutdown. Then, i did a check disk on boot, and it screwed up totally. I usually leave the comp to run checkdisk on itself, while I go off to di other things. However, I realised that it kept restarting the check disk, and when I tried to skip it, it restarts the comp, and the check disk prompt comes up again. I thot all my data would be screwed, coz I can't start my comp, not even in safe mode. Luckily, I chose Last known good config in the boot menu, and luckily it worked altho I disabled system restore. Does anyone haf such problems aft upgrading to ZA Pro 6.5?
megamass
most of problem you mentioned i had. i used zonealarm 5.5 and decided upgrade to 6.5 but , after these problems, i am back to 5.5 Wink
orcaz
it was still running fine during the previous version, 6.1. But now dunnoe why everything screws up....
raman
It works fine for me.
marques1975
Hi!

Im using the free version, the 6.1, and it works just fine.

King regards,

Oscar
dotnet
Recently I have had try to upgrade ZA from 5.5 to 6.5. Install of ver. 6.5 was totally successful, but after restart system ZA refuse to launch. I try to start it's UI (zaclient.exe file) from explorer. And it says "Can't start - you don't have enough permissions". At the same time this is my home computer and, of course, I have Administrator's rights. So I have all permissions that we can imagine. What else ZA want from me - I just don't know, no one application tell me ever "you don't have enough permissions". So - I just throw out ZA and switch to Jetico Personal Firewall. It free and what about protection - see this comprehensive test where 16 firewalls contend in preventing of security leaks. Draw attention - who get 'Gold award'? Wink
orcaz
marques1975 wrote:
Hi!

Im using the free version, the 6.1, and it works just fine.

King regards,

Oscar

yes, 6.1 is fine and no prob... im saying that the new updated version 6.5 is problematic. for now, i am seriously pissed off at ZoneAlarm Pro. It got worse when I tried to reinstall it after doing a clean install. I haf changed to Outpost Firewall.