FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost 2.0

garionw
It would be nice if you could have frihost set up like the new windows live search (Click here for a search for frihost on it) And you didn't have pages, it just scrolled. Also something similar where you have it set up like windows live mail and there is no main scroll bar. It would make frihost look even more professional if it was setup like this
n0obie4life
Bondings doesn't want javascript..that incldues ajax.

Because he wants to continue doing his usual SEO..(the reason why Frihost comes up for almost ANY google query Rolling Eyes).
garionw
oh ok Very Happy well maybe absolute positioning in css
simplyw00x
Basically what you're asking for is a load of AJAX stuff which, AFAIK, is coming in PHPBB3. There's no point hackporting it to version 2 just so it 'looks professional'. Wait until 3 and then use it because it's quicker (like in-page quick reply), not because you're copying 'Windows Live' (*shudder*).
AftershockVibe
simplyw00x wrote:
There's no point hackporting it to version 2 just so it 'looks professional'. Wait until 3 and then use it because it's quicker (like in-page quick reply), not because you're copying 'Windows Live' (*shudder*).

Heh yeah, for a given definition of "professional." Websites should be functional first and foremost and Frihost already is. Functionality of course includes being easy to use and for complex stuff like personalised home pages AJAX can be good. Frihost doesn't really need bells and whistles to be popular - it has free hosting.

Of course a flashy brilliant interface would be nice but it's far too much effort on behalf of the admin guys for no real gain.

I'm hoping that PHPBB3 doesn't do a Winamp3 and mess everything up in the name of looking like sparkly magic and unicorns blowing rainbows out of their backsides. Wink
garionw
AftershockVibe wrote:

I'm hoping that PHPBB3 doesn't do a Winamp3 and mess everything up in the name of looking like sparkly magic and unicorns blowing rainbows out of their backsides. Wink

if that does happen, i will code my own
simplyw00x
Quote:
I'm hoping that PHPBB3 doesn't do a Winamp3

I'm hoping it does. Winamp3 was god. Shut up. Razz
babumuchhala
simplyw00x wrote:
Basically what you're asking for is a load of AJAX stuff which, AFAIK, is coming in PHPBB3. There's no point hackporting it to version 2 just so it 'looks professional'. Wait until 3 and then use it because it's quicker (like in-page quick reply), not because you're copying 'Windows Live' (*shudder*).
Well the kind of search feature he is asking is not there in phpBB3.

Also there is one big question, when will phpBB3 finally be out :s

I have been hearing abt phpBB3 for the last 2 years and has only now reached a beta stage. Sad

The only company slower than this I know is Microsoft Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
simplyw00x
Quote:
I have been hearing abt phpBB3 for the last 2 years and has only now reached a beta stage.

It's called the "Duke Nukem forever" syndrome. Love it!

Also, I fail to see
  1. What is wrong with a 'main scroll[bar]' Apart from dubiopus stylistic concerns, it has no real necessity
  2. What's wrong with the search as-is.

Maybe that's just me tho' Wink
Bondings
Well I will most likely not upgrade these boards to phpBB3, it would be way too hard and take way too long.

About ajax and web 2.0 features, yes I might add some of those but only the ones I think are useful and needed.