You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The title of this topic is my style of music.

Someone wants to know how these styles sound?

Metalcore? Search for Caliban.
Emocore? Search for Funeral For A Friend.
Screamocore? Search for Hopesfall.

In this topic i would like to hear you're opinion about these bands and this musicstyle.

-Vince :]
wtf is screamocore? I think at a point metal is broken down into unecessary sub-genre's. The differences between these genre's are so small that you can't tell them apart.
That ain't true.
I can hear many diffenrence between these sub-genres.
So it isn't unecessary.
If you listen it much you will understand and hear the diffenrence.
Metal is broken down in more then 100 sub-genres.
If you didn't know.
Screamo is generally unpleasant; like hardcore but ruined with unnecessary constant OTT vocals. A scream is fine every now and then, but these guys just sound daft, like someone has lodged a powerdrill in their throats.

Emo: well Funeral for A Friend pretty much sum it up, and that's not good. AT ALL.
All the core-stuff are quite messy. It's just noise, no sound, no music. At least i can't find it.... Confused
I don't like metalcore... except killswitch engage
I don't likeemo-core.

But I'm a fan of screamo : Envy, Cortez, Buried inside... all these bands are
awesome !
Too many flippin' subgenres. Stop adding core to the ends of every subgenre name...It's getting annoying. Some of the bands I listen to could classify under "metalcore", "emocore", or "screamocore", but I honestly don't care...Listen to whatever
There are only 5 types of metal:

- Heavy Metal
- Nu metal
- Thrash Metal
- Death Metal
- Brutal Death Metal

lol Mr. Green
Sickness wrote:
There are only 5 types of metal:

- Heavy Metal
- Nu metal
- Thrash Metal
- Death Metal
- Brutal Death Metal

lol Mr. Green

- Black
- Death
- Doom
- Electronic
- Folk/Viking
- Gothic
- Heavy/Traditional
- Orchestral/Symphonic
- Power
- Progressive
- Speed/Thrash

Numetal is NOT metal, same as all ~cores
People think nu is metal, I think so, but I don't like it very much.
have you heard waterdown? there from germany, thier new cd, All Riot is sick
it has some of everything on there, metal, grindcore, screamo
Emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music. Since its inception, emo has come to describe several independent variations, linked loosely but with common ancestry. As such, use of the term (and which musicians should be so classified) has been the subject of much debate.

In its original incarnation, the term emo was used to describe the music of the mid-1980s Washington, DC scene and its associated bands. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the DC scene and some of the regional scenes that spawned from it. The term emo was derived from the fact that, on occasion, members of a band would become spontaneously and literally emotional during performances. The most recognizable names of the period included Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and, slightly later, Moss Icon. The first wave of emo began to fade after the breakups of most of the involved bands in the early 1990s.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term emo began to reflect the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is the Reason put forth a more indie rock style of emo, more melodic and less chaotic in nature than its predecessor. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the late 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted to mainstream styles.

As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the more mainstream style, creating a style of music that has now earned the moniker emo within popular culture. Whereas, even in the past, the term emo was used to identify a wide variety of bands, the breadth of bands listed under today's emo is even more vast, leaving the term "emo" as more of a loose identifier than as a specific genre of music.
hmm i like some hardcore stuff.

alll these names for music are well confusing??