FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Resolved

manumiglani
Well I was using Xandros Desktop ( Linux ),

As I was having problems with some files and softwares I was not able to play on Linux I decided to install windows xp on my machine.

I installed windows Xp and my machine was in dual boot. Both Xp and Xandros were running fine and were shwoing all of my drives.....

Then, I installed some drivers and softwares from the Intel cd I got when I bought my computer......... I installed the drivers and some softwares ( real player ) and I incidently selected RESTOREIT......... It installed and my computer rebooted after then it showed me

your system is protected by restoreit and press space to access it.....

After this it showed nothing but a blank screen everytime. I restrated again and again to see the same.

Then after 9 or 10th time I pressed the the space key and there was a option to uninstall restore it.

After I uninstalled it, system again booted and I saw again the two os.... But when I started xp and accessed my computer it showed me only three drives

C, E and F

I was not able to find the D drive there...... its a 20 gb drive.... Where is my Drive..... How can I restore it ?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Nyizsa
Is your Linux on drive D? The case may be that XP can't read ext{2|3}fs, so it assumes that drive D is not formatted or corrupt, so you must not be interested in it.
manumiglani
Nyizsa wrote:
Is your Linux on drive D? The case may be that XP can't read ext{2|3}fs, so it assumes that drive D is not formatted or corrupt, so you must not be interested in it.

Hello Nyizsa,

Thanks for your reply..... Well linux is not in Drive D..... I do not know why it happened but my drive D was deleted and the space was unpartitioned. So, I had to install xp again and create again drive with the unpartitioned dpace. However, I lost all my data in disk D......