FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Truth behind the "mac_sucks" Video

Xeniczone
This guy really pissed me off. He made a bunch of crap up that had probably happened once to him then he makes it sound like it happens every time you turn your computer on.

http://xeniczone.frih.net/Mac_rocks.wmv

Sorry I don't have the pro-version of Quicktime so I can't put it into a .mov file.
phileplanet
Wow it's like both of you are still in the 1990s! They have MacBooks and G5s now eh?
Saber
hmmm well other than looking dumb(with the sound off.. I dont have speakers yet at work) I will watch it at home and then post more comments, I hope its a good laugh.
Xeniczone
I know it is cheap I think I will make a better version using pictures and sound.

I'm still learning how to do iMovie
Saber
HAHAh.ha.a...... ah that was great... now my own comments..

-The shut down one.... mostlikely the guy hasnt pluged it in right... my sister does this allthe time, and thus causing a shutdown when you bump the desk/table...due to lack of power

Solution, check the plugs.....

-The shut down button... wow../.. A. you can change the timeing.. B. its so you dont shut down by brushing the button... wow..

-dragging to copy... wow... its not that hard.... I have neer had an issue with this on my mac.. ever... now on a pc.... there have been lots of times where it makes a shortcut..

-wow... if you havent ever seen a auto run... you know.. what they have been using for more than a decade.... then yah...

- the handel, how can that be bad... It really does help when moving the computer around.. I mean you dont need to hold it with two hands....

- Hahah... wow... the dock trying to get your attention... A. you can change how it functions... B.... ON a pc.... you just get a window... that sits there... on the bottom right..... ... taking up space....

-in software update.... you click what you want to update.. and hit ok.. Done... Also for ever what reason your clicking on apps to do an update... and you rename something, A. you have to be running as root, and if it lets you without giving you a message saying something along the lines of Stop... your killing your system.. and your dumb enough to kick ok, AND type in your password..... wow... then you shouldnt have a computer

-ahhaha... It doesnt really matter what OS your on.. if you "delete" something with the trash bin then its not deleted... its just the OS saying, hey that file isnt there, at least to be seen by the users, and alows it to be overwriten. Files are ALLWAYS there, untill they are overwriten, and thats your own dumb fult.

-haha... thats just sad... Over all the only conclusion that this could be

A. A guy that tried his hardest to "fail" with a mac..
B. Someone that kicks their computer(really hard) all day long..
C. someone using a mac as someone else randomly pulls hardware off the mobo.
D. a stupid video of over acted not hole stories of usage... just like any other commercial

Anyways, open to debate anything...
Xeniczone
That is the reason I made this video. To show people all the stuff he is saying is wrong. He has to really try hard to do this. The only time my mac has ever turned off on me is when my brother had fun opening every app on the dock menu. And then my computer ran out of memory or something and it shut down.
{name here}
Dang, it won't load in Opera. Is there a page where this can be embedded?
Xeniczone
you could right click and download. Sorry I didn't test it in opera.
{name here}
That guy really is dumb. Every file can be restored on any computer. You just need to pay a couple hundred bucks to scan the drive or buy a recovery utility if you recently deleted it, or use one of the ones on hiren's boot CD.
Saber
Quote:
You just need to pay a couple hundred bucks to scan the drive or buy a recovery utility

its cheaper than that. and then even if you do end up buying it then you can just charge your friends when they need to recove things.. you make it all back real quick.
{name here}
I'm talking when you get the pros to scan your drive for lost data. There are only a few places in the world who recover data professionally, but they can do it much better than the home program can do.
Saber
ah I wasnt thinking about that, I guess your right.
Xeniczone
Quote:
That guy really is dumb. Every file can be restored on any computer. You just need to pay a couple hundred bucks to scan the drive or buy a recovery utility if you recently deleted it, or use one of the ones on hiren's boot CD.

This only works if it is unformated. If it has been formatted it is gone.
henrygl
people of the world, we should all worship the macintosh for it is so great. NO OS in windows has ever been this safe, sleek, and has had such a nice UI. Also an other note, I recently opened an old iMac (now emacs) and realized the beauty of the apple hardware. Marvelously packed, from the versatile Mac classic to the modern day media center mac mini, not forgetting its ancestor the Cube. I own a cube and boy I love it. I use it as a server in my bedroom; it is so quiet I forget about it...simply marvelous: what is there to say except thank you steve, we love you.
Saber
Quote:
well I posted about the same thing two times so read down
kiranaghor
Gosh who thought of creating that sick video!!!
MAC acrually Rocks and it really does!
He must be a 'thrown out' from mental hospital.
grantmaster
well, if you listen really closely he's really a PC user who can't get his overblown ego around the fact that he may actually have to learn a different system than Winblows. It's gonna suck to be him when M$ takes a back seat to Linux, (and that day is coming), and he actually has to know how to use a computer...

Other than that, the video is actually really very funny...
Saber
Quote:
PC user who can't get his overblown ego around the fact that he may actually have to learn a different system than Winblows.

haha.. that day may come sooner than you think. with winblows vista beta out, you can see how horrible it is..

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9000829
Xeniczone
Windows Vista is windows XP with stolen Mac OS X features.
{name here}
henrygl wrote:
people of the world, we should all worship the macintosh for it is so great. NO OS in windows has ever been this safe, sleek, and has had such a nice UI. Also an other note, I recently opened an old iMac (now emacs) and realized the beauty of the apple hardware. Marvelously packed, from the versatile Mac classic to the modern day media center mac mini, not forgetting its ancestor the Cube. I own a cube and boy I love it. I use it as a server in my bedroom; it is so quiet I forget about it...simply marvelous: what is there to say except thank you steve, we love you.

What do you think would happen if Apple got a free ride with IBM for a couple years instead of microsoft? They'd be in the same position as microsoft where they output crap and people will still buy it. Corporate power brings corruption and/or screw ups. It's been proven with Microsoft, Wal Mart, K mart, Enron, MCI, and others.
gh0stface
The funny thing is, all of you guys have missed the point. This video is poking fun of Mac's. It's parody video. A spoof. I don't know if any of you guys recollect, but Apple used to do commercial's like that guy is starring in. The guy in the video spot is also uses a Mac professionally. So lighten up :)

The first time I saw this movie, which was a couple years back, I could even tell he was making fun of it. Perhaps it's too well done for you guys? :o
Xeniczone
Quote:
What do you think would happen if Apple got a free ride with IBM for a couple years instead of microsoft? They'd be in the same position as microsoft where they output crap and people will still buy it. Corporate power brings corruption and/or screw ups. It's been proven with Microsoft, Wal Mart, K mart, Enron, MCI, and others.

This isn't the case.

IBM made computers for Microsoft software.
Apple made computers for it's own Macintosh Software.

IBM was cloned by many other companys Gateway, Dell, HP, etc...

Apple was cloned by many other companys Franklin Computer Corporation, etc...

IBM didn't see the clones as a treat and didn't do anything about it.

Apple saw the clones as a threat and started to sew and shutdown the clone companys for createing computers compadible of Mac OS

IBM has lost so much profit of their computer design they had to sell their computer share of the company to Lenovo.

Apple still controls their computer company unlike IBM. Though you do pay a little more you still get a really nice computer.
Bones
You would have to really really really try to get XP to bluescreen from running out of memory. When mem gets low it just starts using HD space as virtual mem. If you beleive otherwise, please post the error code for Windows running out of ram, cos I have never seen it.
thanks for the video tho, was a good laugh...

I really wish Mac would be a little more creative though...this 'I-crap' is really starting to get to me..Ipod, Imac, Ilife, Imovie, Itunes.

Pick another letter for the love of god!!!
Xeniczone
Quote:
You would have to really really really try to get XP to bluescreen from running out of memory. When mem gets low it just starts using HD space as virtual mem. If you beleive otherwise, please post the error code for Windows running out of ram, cos I have never seen it.
thanks for the video tho, was a good laugh...

I really wish Mac would be a little more creative though...this 'I-crap' is really starting to get to me..Ipod, Imac, Ilife, Imovie, Itunes.

Pick another letter for the love of god!!!

My mac has that feature turned off. Windows will only use it if you turn it on. and will increase it without permission. Taking more harddrive space without your permission doesn't sound fun to me. Not to mention Virtual Memory is EXTREMELY slow. O learn to spell "cause" cos that is a math term.

Mac has always used i. It is Apple Signiture. It is just like the video. Apples Come with iLife and windows comes with calculator.
SnoopDizzile
lol..that guy is crazy

If your a Windows person and never used a Mac before..thats basicly the only things that can go wrong..and useually don't have any of those problems

I have had Macintosh/Apples since the beginning of their time..hell i still have 2 old LC Apples..I got 4 Macs right now..G3 iMac, G3 iMac 550mhz, G3 iBook and a G5 1.9Ghz iMac...all through out my home, work and my brothers house. And we have never had anyproblems with them..the only exception is his iBook..which we have had for 5 years and after a while Laptops loss their momentum and cave in..but it still works good.

Never a virus..never had to take it into the shop, I'd say that Mac is superioir..and that guys is full of BS..lol

he has a seroius problem..lol

Snoop
Sharkbite86
wow that guy is a complete dumb ass lol he must be using freaking OS 8... and yeah, in OS 8 when you moved files from a CD it only made Alias', however that is no more in OS 10 (hell maybe even OS 9). The guy is making excuses and shitting all over an obsolete system... I sure hope to GOD the PC users don't ALL think like that OMG that would be VERY SAD!!
Xeniczone
I didn't know System 8 did that.

System 9 does not do that. When you drag and drop it means drag and drop.

OS X (They don't call system anymore do they) Also doesn't do this.
Sharkbite86
Xeniczone wrote:
I didn't know System 8 did that.

System 9 does not do that. When you drag and drop it means drag and drop.

OS X (They don't call system anymore do they) Also doesn't do this.

correct, apple stoped calling their OSs "System something" since system 7. and yes, Mac OS 8.0-8.6 did only create an alias of a file from a CD.
Xeniczone
O well, If you hear me say. System 10.3 then I mean Mac OS X 10.3
nox-Hand
I must say, COME ON, PEOPLE!

This guy uses Mac every day, and he made this as a SPOOF to completely make fun of Mac, as he said it as if it wasn't great, even though he hates PC's. Many times he says stuff that XP does...

This thing has caused so big a stirr, as people thought he was serious... Oh come on...

nox-Hand
borud
Do you have the link to the original clip?
borud
don't mind, I found it Wink

Arrow http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6692797252263641017&q=mac+sucks