FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

When uploading with frontpage i get this error?

smithycpl
403 Forbidden
Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The site itself uploads and everything seems to work fine but this error is annoying because i have to upload it 2 to 8 times before it's correctely uploaded.

What is this author.exe file anyway?

regards,
smithycpl
Scorpio
I am not quite sure about the execution of .exe files on frihost..

these are potentially dangerous to be executed and cannot be risked
smithycpl
Me neither but this exe file was already in the root from frihost, everytime i upload i get this error but the site seems to upload correctely.
I previously stated that i had to upload more than once to get it right, but that's not necesary, i found out!

Can someone tell me if this author.exe file is not a virus or anything damaging, please?
Since it was already in the root i guess everyone will have that file on his site!
Just want to make sure!

BTW To the admin of Frihost, i realy like the server speed and everything works like charm (except this minor anoyance from that exe file).
I'm impressed, with the help tutorial, forum and service here.
Thanks for creating this free host and good luck in your second year!

regards,
smithycpl
Bondings
It's not a virus (at least such a file exists), but some standard file of frontpage on a windows server, I think. Maybe it got added by your computer. Windows executable files are not able to be executed on Linux, so it's pretty useless.
smithycpl
I did find the trouble file!
It was a gif-file from the official sims 2 maxis webkit that i used in the building from the site! Laughing
Everytime i uploaded, it uploaded itself over and over again while it was not even changed.
I removed it and now i can see my log files.

Sorry for thinking it was an exe-file but i got confused by the error message.
I'm glad i found it, so apparently it was my fault. Embarassed

regards
smithycpl