FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

models

Garg
Models As replicas of cars, planes etc... in smaller scale, not models like the ones you see at the chanel automn cat walk...

I know it sounds geeky, but modelling is actually quite fun ! I've just finished a Formula one of the 1960s and it's really challenging...

Plus, deco wise it's pretty neat to have a model on a shelf (and if you're really good) in a picture frame Wink

Anyway, does anyone else like to build models ?
benjicook
Yeah, I build models of world war 11 vehicles. It's a lot of fun. Most people think it's kind of nerdy, but what are you gonna do.
ocalhoun
benjicook wrote:
Yeah, I build models of world war 11 vehicles.

How futurisitc is that! WWXI... wow.
*Just poking fun*
Anyway, I like to build model airplanes, my favourite is a B52 bomber.
paul_indo
I used to build a lot of models when I was younger. Aircraft, boats, and once a submarine. It was supposed to be a working submarine, but it didn't work that well.
elh_merc
I paint models for Classic Battletech. Lots of fun and very nerdy indeed Smile
Garg
Are any of you into car models, which brand do you buy ?

Personnaly, TAMIYA has got to be the most precise, but i haven't tried any of the other brands ... Anyone got an opinion on this ?
mhpschool
A true challenge for any modeller is to take yourself from the world of plastic and resin and put yourself into the world of Paper Models.

Try doing a google search on Yamaha Paper Models and take a look at the 1/6 scale model motorcycles. An amazing and frustrating pass time.
sugarbox
It's not like America's next top models Laughing
oais
mhpschool wrote:
A true challenge for any modeller is to take yourself from the world of plastic and resin and put yourself into the world of Paper Models.

Try doing a google search on Yamaha Paper Models and take a look at the 1/6 scale model motorcycles. An amazing and frustrating pass time.

Thanks for the link mphschool. I'm trying the Dragster Classic 11. It looks so realistic and difficult to build. A true challenge. Thanks again.
opuris
sculpture and painting.

My favourite series is Matchbox. 1:76 Small scene is nice and cool, also easy to build. I love them.
SS0305
I make metal models of old cars and some newer ones but most of my collection are old cars. I have made a bunch. Every once in awhile I will come across a cool looking metal model kit with a unique paintjob. I can't go looking for them they have to come to me. Very Happy . I also collect the 1/24th scale nascar cars.
Tiger
I haven't tried it myself, but someone I know has just bought their first model recently, and it does seem like a really relaxing way to spend your time.

In fact, it seems like it can take a very long time to build a good model. A model aircraft like the Tomcat for example, has a surprising amount of detail and is very time consuming. Apparently, after painting each piece, you need to wait at least a day before painting it again.

It could quite easily take over a week to paint a model aircraft. I haven't seen a car or other type of model being done, but I can imagine that all of them are similarly time consuming.

While I am happy for my friends and aquantainces to engage in this type of hobby, and I find it interesting enough, I think I'd still rather read a book, which allows you to free your imagination more!

A very nice, relaxing hobby though!
JSmith083092
I'd like to get into it.
Garg
Glad to see that i'm not the only geeky guy in town Wink
alkady
I havent build any models in a while, But my last one was a F-15E, But sadly I broke it in half when it fell off the shelf. Weeks of hard work to waste. I hope to build a model Aircraft Carrier Someday.
me410
I prefer the ships, my city is open to the sea and the big battleships are a common view, despite Hasegawa is the best, I prefer the old big Revells ships. With a brush in hand, I can relax no matter how stressed is my work