FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dashboard Widgets

novisdesign
This is a question for all you Mac OS X users out there:

How many of you use Dashboard on a daily basis?

I develop some widgets (the Chi Pet for instance) and this information
could be of value to me. Thanks.

Gabe Shahbazian - Novis Design
Xeniczone
I don't use dashboard. Dashboard is for mac os x 10.4 I think It isn't avalible for my version of mac. 10.2.8
benjicook
I use them constantly. I would say two to three times a day on a light usage day. But, I am a computer engineer so I am constantly on a computer. You should start a poll to get your info. You also might want to check out mac's site to see what is popular.
novisdesign
Thanks guys. I always check out Apple's site. I am actually number 4 on that list right now.

GS - ND
t1mmclaren
To be perfectly honest I dont use the much on a day to day basis. Except for the dictionary... that things a life saver for my spelling! I would say 2 times a day and im working at my computer at least 9 hrs a day. When I was developing I used to use them a bit more.
brucedes
Why not just enable systemwide spell check?

I'll be honest I very rarely use dashboard at all, but when I do it's usually currency conversion.
froginabox
I have a few widgets on my dashboard... "PlasmaTunes" which is simply an iTunes controller that has a lava lamp - like visualization thing, BubbleTrouble which is a very addicting game, a clock, sticky notes, calendar and calculator, weather, and a Gmail notifier.

I would like to see a widget that can aggregate all my emails (a few gmails, one yahoo) into one widget and tell me when I have new mail in each.

I use the dashboard quite frequently to check Gmail and also to write myself sticky notes. I also use it to check the weather so I don't have to go to weather.com (yes, I know I'm lazy!).
Shewolf
I use dashboard pretty much all the time. To check my spelling, and mail, and stuff.