FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

INTERMARRIAGES..do you agree or not?

do you agree with intermarriages
yes
80%
 80%  [ 16 ]
no
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
i don't know
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

dodah
what do you think about intermarriages?whena couple each has a diffrent religion wanna get married...is it a good idea?if not why??
hellrahul
Yah I support InterMarriages.
i don't fal in love after looking the caste or religion of my girlFriend.

Old (also ODD) person does not believe in ternet Marriages. Surprised
Subsonic Sound
I've never even heard the term 'Intermarriages' before. Do you mean some people are against it? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised... but it's amazing regardless.

If two people love each other and want to get married, are aware of each others religions, and still want to marry, then what business is it of anyone elses?
xeszline
I really really agree on this!!

Why two people can not get married if they're not in a same religion and instead must convert to the religion they do not believe in just to marry the person they love so much???

Why why why why??

I can not take this.. Intermarriage must be legal everywhere, including my country.. Because I'm suffering from depression. My parents are so against it, but my boyfriend and I are so in love and even if we're already together for 4 years and 10 months we're still like new couples.

So why intermarriage is not allowed in our country?
We have stigma but as long as we're together we don't care. We just walk forward and forward.

It's very painful at first to have lots of people talked behind your back, backstabbed and avoid you just because you have inter-religion relationship. But as time goes by, people just got used to it. And it's now getting more common.

But by law it is still not allowed. Stupid government!!!
hellrahul
Subsonic Sound wrote:
I've never even heard the term 'Intermarriages' before. Do you mean some people are against it? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised... but it's amazing regardless.

If two people love each other and want to get married, are aware of each others religions, and still want to marry, then what business is it of anyone elses?

COME TO INDIA. U will know what it is.

You will hardly find any old person who beleive in intermarriages.

Now the younger generation mordern and they are supporting intermarriages.
HoboPelican
Subsonic Sound wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly! But when has the fact that something is no one elses business ever had any effect on people condeming it?

Wink
teh_razz
Wow...

Who the heck cares if you both have different religions, it doesnt hurt anybody, different religions doesnt mean ANYTHING so therefore I dont carea bout them.. :p
dude_xyx
I odnt think now people think much like in old times , intermarrage is a huge sin. when u think like this it just make u to think wut each religion has against other and the difference between religens and it leads to hatered a wars.

thats why there was hatered between religens and holy wars and clashes in past but now less.

best thing is see the similarities among religens it will lead people to respect each other.

if each other love and respect then all those colors , religions, rases dont matter.
Caroli
It is always a problem of the circumstances and the religions.
The bible does not forbid the marriage with any partner of any religion if you keep being a Christian. The Christian has the same duties against his partner as against another Christian, but the the partner has special rights. But in reality there some problems. So I know of Egypt that the Coptoc church allows only marriages with other Copts. In the 60ies it was also a problem for a Catholic to marry a Protestant. But today this is normal in Germany and the churches accept it.
If you go to the Islam so the Quran allows to a Muslim (m.) to marry any monotheistic woman (Jewish, Christan, Muslima), but a Muslima can only marry a Muslim. Now it is in some countries not a problem to leave against the religion, but in some countries and communities it is a big problem, because you are than a outsider and because your community is your basic relation. So it would for example be legal in Egypt, that a Christian marries a Muslima, but both would have problems, because their families, their relatives, their friends and so on would not more communicate with them.
SilverHammerMan
I agree with intermarriages, if two people love each other, they should be able to marry, unless it goes against their religion, then it isn't always ideal.
blue77
If two people want to marry it doesn't matter what their religions are. But sometimes people of different nations have realy great culturall and social differences and it is better for the both if they don't marrie. The case when somebody have to change his religion for me is some kind of self-denial.
Subsonic Sound
blue77 wrote:
If two people want to marry it doesn't matter what their religions are. But sometimes people of different nations have realy great culturall and social differences and it is better for the both if they don't marrie. The case when somebody have to change his religion for me is some kind of self-denial.

If religious differences are going to be a serious problem, they would manifest well before the couple consider getting married. Yes, cultural conflict can be awkward for a relationship, but that doesn't make it unworkable, and the couple should be able to decide for themselves whether it's working.
HoboPelican
Subsonic Sound wrote:

If religious differences are going to be a serious problem, they would manifest well before the couple consider getting married. Yes, cultural conflict can be awkward for a relationship, but that doesn't make it unworkable, and the couple should be able to decide for themselves whether it's working.

What do you think about situations where the couple did not live together first? I was thinking that some issues might not become apparent until they actually lived together and shared a dwelling.
Subsonic Sound
Well actually, that's exactly why I think couples should always live together before marriage. There are a lot of things you don't find out about a person until you're with them 24-7.

Yes, it is possible that a couple could not live together, get married, then find religious or cultural differences drive them apart. There's no denying that. But there are whole hosts of other things that could drive a couple apart. You wouldn't forbid a couple to marry because they have different tastes in films, say.

It's something the couple should definitely bear in mind - and in my opinion, the reason they SHOULD live together for a while - but it's still very definitely their decision. No-one else has the right to make it for them.
moonshadowinn
If the couple love each other and know about/respect each others religious outlook, then it doesn't matter. They know about it, they respect the difference, they love eachother... enough said.