FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Marilyn Manson ?

cyph33r
Does anyone here enjoy Marilyn Manson ?
I read his autobiography recently, and it was pretty interesting.
What do you think of his latest music compared to the earlier stuff (Portrait, Anichrist etc.) ?
shinnoyami
I'm not a HUGE fan, but i do like some of his work.. faves have to be Coma white, love song & this is the new shit. I think Manson is a pretty interesting guy, i saw a few interviesws with him and a thing on mtv where they follow him.. i think he's really just a normal guy, who likes to shock (who doesn't, heh heh heh)
jeremoi
I find MM very interesting aswell. I enjoyed some of this stuff and I hated some of his other things. The Golden Age was one of his most enjoyable works; it had interesting lyrics and it was a lot more friendly on the ears.
biedr0na666
I've read that guy's autobiography as well. it's damn good written. i don't know if all of that what he says is true (especially women he slept with;D) but this guy seems to have the thoughts. and writing style

besides, i heard that Brian Warner (aka Marilyn Manson) is a very sensitive and harmony-loving person with artistic soul, who only plays a fool on the stage.

what do you think?
Annush_K
I think I'll agree with it. Not many people really reflect themselves on the stage. And his texts are not that foolish, they really concern problems of life, though not always in a serious way.
Nikkori
I'm afraid, I don't like his music.. He claims to be the Anti-Christ.. But there are other people who claim they are the Anti-Christ.. Waah, I'm confuse... Ü
achene
his music isnt THAT bad but i think that the way he is a person is terrible. some people just push it a little too far just to get attention and getting famous. i hate when people such things. i saw a band (this wasnt marilyn manson though) whose vocalist song half an hour where he was hung up in hooks attached directly to his skin. it was really discusting and he is a good examble as well.

well. its just my oppion of cause.
althalus
I have a few albums, and I mut say i like the newer stuff, Holy Wood and onward, better than the older ones. Although there are a few good songs on the older albums as well. Golden Age of Grotesque is pretty nice too! Did anyone watch Doppleherz, the DVD that came with the album.. Weird stuff, that.. Confused

I'll have to get that autobiography of his, sounds interresting. Smile
warallthetm
He's wierd. He claims satan told him to bleach his eye
Teishi
I was a pretty huge fan from Antichrist Superstar up until the tour for Golden Age of Grotesque. The concert he put on in Stockholm (which was the final concert of the tour as well) was just utterly lame and made me lose interest. Granted, they'd lost a lot of their equipment in an accident just prior to the show, but still... It was like a bleak greatest hits show, when I'd expected a complete and utter cabaret-ish thing. And with the release of the greatest hits album after that... I dunno...

I'm still curious about the new album, but from what I've heard about it (how it's not going to be a concept album, but a more straight ahead rock album) I'm not really expecting much.
CrimsonStrange
I like MM's older albums, but it seemed to me that when Marilyn started kicking his bandmates to the curb like it was a hobby, the overall grandeur of the "idea" really went downhill.
MM seemed to lose something creatively vital each time a member left/got fired, whatever. Now, Manson seems like a tired joke - he's just not effective anymore.
Hell, the 6 o'clock news is scarier than he is nowadays. Laughing
achowles
I think that Manson is a great showman, he knows what he's doing and does it well. I don't have anything against him at all. That said I wouldn't rate him as the most credible artist. Many of his statements conflict with each other with greater frequency than the Bible that he so often attacks.

There are better, there are worse. My favourite album of his is Holy Wood.

Another thing: Manson is not a goth in any way, nor is his music Gothic. I just thought that I should clear that up as it's a frequent misinterpretation.
burzum
his music is interesting i dont care how he looks, what he does on and off stage....
immortal
Marilyn Manson have great songs and the videos is pretty cool.
Cthulhuman
I'm kinda disappointed because i've never actually seen him live and idk when he's going to get back into the concert scene. His new movie, phantasmagoria, is going to be awesome. That and alice when they come out next year. Does anyone know when he's going to start touring again?
zamolxes
did you see his interview in Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine? I was shocked that the guy is actually quite a normal person... hehehe, and smart, really smart. I was impressed by his attitude, so opposite from his stage-attitude...
I like the guy anyway, although I don't listen to that kind of music usually. I did actually after seeing Michael Moore's documentary Smile
Marie
I like MM a lot, though he doesn't do much these days. He's actually a very intelligent, normal person who uses his image to make a statement. Satan did not tell him to bleach his eye, how do you bleach an eye anyway??? That's the weirdest thing I ever heard. He wears a blue tinted contact lense in one eye for show.
Sickness
I don't like his music very much... I hate that people think he plays a very heavy metal and it isn't true...
todabeat
zamolxes wrote:
did you see his interview in Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine? I was shocked that the guy is actually quite a normal person... hehehe, and smart, really smart. I was impressed by his attitude, so opposite from his stage-attitude...
I like the guy anyway, although I don't listen to that kind of music usually. I did actually after seeing Michael Moore's documentary Smile

I had already seen other interviews beforehand Bowling for Columbine, but yes he is a very smart person. His music is very dark but good. Nevertheless