FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

dota

tyronne
does anyone here play dota? its pretty good but i think i prefer enfos team survival... what would i do without warcraft???!!!
soulman
Dota-AllStar, 2/3 of my life
rightclickscott
Interesting name, I feel obligated to learn more about this DOTA...

Quickly but not abruptly, find me a link to a description of this!
hobbkins
WARNING: dota may be more addicting than crack.

One of my friends recently got into the mod, and now he plays every chance he gets. He fought off EQ, and WoW, but Dota finally claimed him Embarassed .
Nikkori
Yes, DotA is Addicting! You must have the control of yourself before playing it..
tyronne
rightclickscott wrote:

Hmm well dota is pretty much a map for warcraft iii(requires frozen throne expansion)

its exploits the abilities of the new "heroes" in the warcraft system to create an entertaining game by itself.

you are given a selection of heroes to choose from. Make your pick and try to destroy the oppsing forces tower. On the way you pick up items(which you have to buy from killing) battle other heroes and get valuable experience points to level up your heroe and teach him/her/it new tricks

overall if you start playing you will never stop!!! its conitually being updated with new versions and even has an AI system with those of you who have crap internet connections(dialup lol)

Learn about from here:
http://www.dota-allstars.com/

get it here
http://www.getdota.com/

once you start you wont stop
exarkun
Yeah, I love dota, and I am more skillful in using dwarven sniper... It is indeed a very very addictinve game, and the hero are cute, in my sense. Smile
tyronne
alot of people say that pudge is a gud hero.. Personally i prefer lich or bane elemntal. Whats your favourite hero?
rightclickscott
tyronne wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:

Hmm well dota is pretty much a map for warcraft iii(requires frozen throne expansion)

its exploits the abilities of the new "heroes" in the warcraft system to create an entertaining game by itself.

you are given a selection of heroes to choose from. Make your pick and try to destroy the oppsing forces tower. On the way you pick up items(which you have to buy from killing) battle other heroes and get valuable experience points to level up your heroe and teach him/her/it new tricks

overall if you start playing you will never stop!!! its conitually being updated with new versions and even has an AI system with those of you who have crap internet connections(dialup lol)

Learn about from here:
http://www.dota-allstars.com/

get it here
http://www.getdota.com/

once you start you wont stop

Thanks much, I'll try it out.
Arcannus
I usually play DotA when my World of Warcraft server is down. Absolutely addicting game, especially if you get involved with the online tournaments and leagues.

I mainly use Razor - The Lightning Revenant myself, very bad early game, but his speed (run/walk and attack) are unmatchable at end game.

Cheers.
gh0stface
tyronne wrote:
alot of people say that pudge is a gud hero.. Personally i prefer lich or bane elemntal. Whats your favourite hero?

Pudge IS a good hero, but is pretty difficult hero to use. Especially his Meat Hook. You kind of have to lead the hero where you believe he is going to be.

I always play on the Azeroth server (East). Always -AR as I think it takes more skill to use each hero then just selecting a hero in -AP. I also think -EM is pretty bad.
daijoubu
DOTA IS addictive. A great game within a game. But i havent had the chance to play the versions above 6.30+

in the earlier vesions, it wuz very imbalanced. but since it is frequently updated, it coming close to a worldwide recognized game [quoted from dota-allstars Smile ].

BTW my very first hero wuz Mortred. I also play Pudge, but only my friend was able to master the meat hook. Its kinda funny to hook ur own allies in the heat of battle. LOL.
trueintensity
DOTA is a noob game. If you can learn how to scan for ganks and memorize items and skill builds...Dota becomes sooo easy...

Creep, farm , creep, farm, gank, kill, creep, farm,, 1 hero vs 2 ownage!!!!
Ghost900
I have played Dota some and I like it but I am addicted to Guild Wars so I can't play as much dota. I like the chain lightning guy alot! Very Happy
MonkeyWrench
what is dota?
darth_revan
MonkeyWrench wrote:
what is dota?

its a mod for Warcraft 3.
it's not strategy, only a multiplayer game containing some RPG elements. But it's really good when you're playing versus your friends Very Happy
NewGuyinTown
I didn't like DoTA. The Game is so long and boring... Not all heroes are balanced. It's a good Warcraft III custom game. Compare to standalone games, it's garbage. I prefer Warcraft III's melee games. If they are really good programmers and graphic designers, they should really create a standalone version, instead limiting themselves using Warcraft Game Editor. It's only good in the perspective of Warcraft gameplay.
daijoubu
for me DOTA is best enjoyed with ur friends on LAN. this way we could Shout at each other easily. Anyway, games like these are only enjoyable because of who u play with...
exarkun
daijoubu wrote:
for me DOTA is best enjoyed with ur friends on LAN. this way we could Shout at each other easily. Anyway, games like these are only enjoyable because of who u play with...

Yup, I agree. Those are the times when maybe friends can challenge one another and have a friendly match.
darth_revan
we played dota today, i took dwarwen sniper. He rules! I was beyond godlike!
jeffleo
Dwarven Sniper is a gay character hahas. Too easy to use for my liking.
My favourite is OmniKnight, Treeant Protector, Rhasta, Tiny, Mogul Kahn, Juggernaut. They are so fun!
darth_revan
jeffleo wrote:
Dwarven Sniper is a gay character hahas.

If your enemy has low HP, Dwarwen sniper is a good choice. Fast, stunning, sometimes deals extra damage, and the most important part, if you escape, you'll die Twisted Evil
dexterius
I love dota. It is i think the most addicting game i ever played. I played it once with my friends at some LAN party and from that day i have big problems to not spend all my free (and not free) time with it Smile it is great fun, action, adrenalin ... great ... it's great combination of action and RPG ...